SDCC Exclusive Nemesis Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Peaugh, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Came in the mail today. I don't have a whole lot extra to say about the figure. I love this Prime mold, and I think the Nemesis/Scourge color scheme looks good on it. I know they're calling him Nemesis Prime, but I do get more of a Scourge vibe from him. Still, a very nice deco on an already excellent mold.

Some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With Weapons:

[​IMG]

All Together now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PRIME WARS!!!!

[​IMG]

Video is up (cross posting to video thread):

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome O_O

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Magnus in the last pic is awesome. He's dealing with it.

4. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really want this guy!!

5. rikkuluverx2

rikkuluverx2 scout

News Credits:
    whoa. O.O im not much of a fan of classics but i gotta admit. SDCC prime looks BADASS. i wouldnt mind having him, just to have him.

ahahaha and i totally agree with you onesock xD

and, i know this is off topic but quick question peaugh, did you get an animated ultra magnus yet? and are you gonna do a review soon? lmk, thanks.

-rikkuluverx2

6. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Nope, not yet. I don't even currently have a deal for one. I have on preordered from BBTS, although I might nab an early one once they start showing up on ebay.

7. rikkuluverx2

rikkuluverx2 scout

News Credits:
    oh alright, thanks for answering my question dood.

-rikkuluverx2

8. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    No Problem, happy to help!

9. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    I could stare at the third picture for hours. :jawdropper: 
    Nice comparison shots too! They all look so cool together.

10. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looking forward to getting me a Nemisis Prime and Skywarp here soon. My wallet will be hurting come the end of July.

11. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just got mine in the mail today. and i must say, sdcc nemmy= best $40 i've spent.

12. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you better get Henkei Optimus Prime to complete it plus theres the Henkei version of the nemesis prime with red windows : )

13. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got mine in the mail today. After the convoy overload this year and especially since crystal came last week, I'm underwhelmed. The blue windows and purple painted eyes don't cut it for me. Motorprime makes a better thug. It's still a great mold and a great figure but I'm waiting for Red. Go JP!!!!

14. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    Sdcc Nemesis Prime Review

I searched and didn't see anything up for this guy yet here so here's my review of NP.

[​IMG]

Nemesis Prime is basically the black prime repaint everyone knew would happen. It was expected. I mean seriously Hasbro is making as much money off this mold as possible. Anyway let's talk about his Univers bio first. I love it! The flavor of this guy's story is amazingly... tragic. Created by Straxus as an opposite to Optimus but never finished. He then preys on all his fellow transformers from the shadows of Cybertron. Harsh.

Now onto the figure. Truck mode is mostly black, giving way to a deep deep blue, a bright teal on the headlights, and some placings of silver accents.

[​IMG]

Now I don't what's up with Hasbro, but maybe it's just because this figure is a convention exclusive but he has some of the best QC I've seen in months. No paint scratched, no warped parts nothing loose, in a word perfect.

Transformation is the same as classics Prime and Magnus. Fold the side panels back and over the wheels, pull the legs down, flip out the feet and kneepads, pull apart the headlight panels and rotate the entire upper torso around. Flip up the head and fold the back thing to lock into place(ish). Reposition the arms and legs to make him stand and he's in robot mode.

[​IMG]

Now the wind vane on top of truck mode can be either put on his back or transformers into a plasma blaster as can the smokestacks.

[​IMG]

Articulation is superb on this mold. 360 degree shoudler rotation as well as 90 degree movement outward. Ratchet elbows to move backward and forward. Bicep swivel. Head rotates 360 and due to transformation can look down. Waist swivel. Forward/backward hip rotation, knee swivels and bending pin joint. Feet on pin due to TF.

[​IMG]

The paint job in this mode is relatively the same with some minor differences. There is alot more unpainted grey plastic on his thigh and hip are, not bad thing, but kinda, unexciting. Would have been better painted silver. He also has some more teal on his head, shoulders, forearms, pelvis and kneecaps. Alot of people are putting this fig down because he doesn't red windows but really, it doesn't bother me here too much. His head is the same color as his legs, with a grey gunmetal type color on his mouthplate. His eyes are amazing. They were meant to glow in what looks like purple but only painted over in the center with red which when light is shone through it gives it a very strange glow.

[​IMG]

Nemesis is my new favorite Universe Decepticon right now and he looks great on display with the rest of them. Congrats to anyone who picked him up at the con or on HTS, he's a great catch and I love him to death I'll throw up comparison shots later when my Classics Prime arrives in the mail.

- Cheers.

15. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
  16. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
  17. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got a new addition to my family today. Can you guess who it is?

Actually the mini-bots came along for the ride too.

[​IMG]

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Totally awesme. Love the mold, and the color scheme kicks ass on it. I do wish the windows were red but the rest of it is perfect so I really don't care.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    My only complaints with this toy is that it really needed the red windows and maybe switch up the gray paint on him as I feel it stands out too much.

20. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Got mine yesterday, Universe Nemesis Prime is definitely awesome. He's got a great bio, too.