sdcc classic nemesis prime confirmed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by KA, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, maybe it's real or maybe it's not. I know I'd buy one though as I think that this mold would look really good in the Nemesis/Scourge color scheme.

2. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Has anybody considered that a Movie Voyager Skywarp could be in order? Hasbro already released a G1 accurate Starscream and a Thundercracker. It only makes sense that a Skywarp would be next.

3. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It makes sense but why then did they do Rodimus for SDCC last year?

4. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Not a FP exclusive. It was produced directly by Hasbro and in higher numbers.

-airfox

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    If this is the real deal, I'll pick him up while I'm at SDCC this year...though it won't be high on my list of priorities.

6. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

So...they take a Hasbro stock photo of Classic prime and basically grey scale it, then they slap a SDCC symbol on it and we're supposed to believe that its the real deal? Okie dey there pally boy....let me know when we have something legitimate to go on.

7. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't mind one at the reasonable prices Titanium Menasor went for, but wouldn't pay Alt. Rodimus prices for it. And, as earlier posters have pointed out, there's nothing to stop Hasbro from doing 2 exclusives, unless they think that's why they had so many Menasors left over last year.

8. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    Damn It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad Bad Bad Bad, Damn Damn Damn Damn, Enough With Convention Classics, It Makes Me Want To Cry Cause I Want Them!!!!!!!!!!!

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Lame if true. I kinda hoped for another Alt repaint, too.

10. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the misunderstanding lies in me not knowing what FP is.

11. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Oh, sorry about that. FP is Fun Publications, the current holders of the license from Hasbro for Transformers Collectors Club and Convention. They're the organizers of Botcon.

In the case of last year's SDCC Exclusives, those were actually developed directly by Hasbro, produced in higher numbers than a Botcon exclusive but probably in fewer quantities than a store exclusive, and sold through Hasbro Toy Shop (they were in fact Hasbro Toy Shop Exclusives that debuted on SDCC).

OTOH, Botcon exclusives are developed by FP, with Hasbro's final approval. If the toys get a remolded piece, FP owns the mold for said piece. They're produced in fewer quantities than SDCC Exclusives (generally around 1000 pieces). Since they're produced in fewer numbers, and have new tooling directly developed by a licensee, they fetch a higher price and are harder to find than other exclusives. Also, I don't know if it's due to the deal FP has with Hasbro, or just because additional expenses in licensing actual real life vehicle modes, they've said they're not allowed to produce toys from the Movie or Alternators lines.

-airfox

12. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

That's just a black 'n white picture of Classics Optimus from the back of his box. Nemesis Prime would have red on him. This could either be just a truckload (no pun inteneded) o' nothing, or it's a teaser picture for what is yet to come.

I'm not enthusiastic about it anyway.

13. spyderbytez

spyderbytez ALTERNATOR FANATIC TFW2005 Supporter

Bah.. i was hoping for an alt exclusive... if theres no alts @SDCC 2008 i may have to pass the whole convention this year.

14. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    Huh, if this thing comes out, I'll go for it if I can get it around the original con price. Not gonna pay out the nose for it, but it'd be neat to get if I can. The mold is cool enough for multiple buys.

15. MicroCracker

MicroCracker Well-Known Member

Personally, I hate alternators (just because they were impossible to find anywhere after Meister) So I'd be glad if they don't do an exclusive based on that line. then again, if they DID, it'd just be one less thing I'd have to buy.

16. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

They shouldn't. While it is the same mold, the Botcon Prime will undoubtedly be much more detailed looking than the Nemesis Prime, what with all the battle damage and weathering effects. Not to mention that's not the only toy they'll be getting.

As for this rumor, I'd say there's a very good chance it's true. Hasbro's probably just gonna piggyback their run of Nemesis Primes on the Botcon one since the mold's in use. Definitely gonna have to get one. I'm a sucker for Scourges/Evil Primes, and I just love the mold. So it's a win-win.

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'd be cool with this, and depending on how much extra cash I have at the time, I might even buy one. I'm thinking about getting an Ultra Magnus, as I never did get one (was able to get 2 Skywarps off of board members though). I was never a fan of the Alternator line, so it doesn't bother me that, as of now, there isn't an exclusive one this year. I'm honestly glad the line is dead. I'd rather get more Classics than see more of them on shelves collecting dust (they never did sell well around here).

18. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Aside from the fact that "Menasor" was LAAAAAAAAMMMMEEE. :) 

19. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

The whole Titanium line itself was lame. Today's plastic joints and classic die cast just do not mix! Like oil and water.

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If the rumor's true, I'll probably go after it if it looks decent enough (regardless of the fact that I'm already getting the Botcon set). If I can't (or decide I don't like it), No loss. I've already got a "Classics Nemesis Prime", which is actually Kay-Bee exclusive Destructicon Scourge. Nice toy, aside from the proclivity to fall backward.