SDCC Bruticus reviews?? Where are they?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by zeroomegazx, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Actually those are entire hands under swindle. two of them. one left, one right.

So, you admit that you see the hands. cool.

then you refuse to understand that there's no reason those hands would be there if swindle could not be an arm.

okay. I'll explain this to you. It's very simple. I'm not trying to be a dick, I just want you to understand.

he's got the plug. the same plug style used for all four limbs. we can see the pegs on onslaught in all his various modes. they are identical, so we know they WILL connect. Then we know Swindle's got the hands. literally all it would take for Swindle to be an arm is for you to peg him on a shoulder, bend his combiner joint down, and flip a hand out. officially, they'll probably have you extend his legs down so his arm mode is super long, but its obvious that with at least Swindle, that he doesn't have to do that. His leg mode can be the same as his arm mode if you want it. He just probably won't have an elbow.

you do not need a photo of him as an arm to figure this out.

2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Just found what I was referencing earlier, so there it is just in case.

original article

3. rosewater

rosewater Well-Known Member

this is what i'm trying to boil this whole conversation down to, i think. you've got this fantastic homage to a beloved TF character that the design team and sculptors clearly spent a lot of time engineering to make it as dope as possible. then you assign a bunch of yahoos to sport your baby all over the continents, fucking up the transformations and omitting all the cool combiner possibilities by never, ever displaying it properly. Then i'm just supposed to suck it in,and assume all the inherent dopeness based on the cell phone pics posted by an attendee/ fan brave enough to bend the knee and risk the texture of his corduroys? fuck all that. i demand better from the company that i've purchased product from for the better part of thirty years.

4. rosewater

also, i ordered the G2 version on Amazon on Friday. So i do have a little skin in the game.

5. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Rosewater, you're a very angry person, aren't you? The evidence has been shown to you and explained to you. You can't say that something that's right in front of you isn't there, that's just insanity.

But on a different note, I can't wait to see a review of this guy so I can see everyone in their different modes. Can't wait to get the set.

6. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    But...but showing off the hands in Swindle **IS** empirical evidence!! You can't get any more empirical than that!

Seriously, dude...?! :banghead: 

7. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

It's Hasbro's way of finding out if Fandom wants something bad enough will it sell (due to the 2 exclusives NOT mass release) no mater what??? The truth YES YES it will.

8. Apoclatron5675

Apoclatron5675 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope for a review sometime between now and the end of tomorrow, but if anyone has sent money with anyone to get yours or other figures there may be a problem if the person is getting more than one and the Problem is there's only 1 H.I.S.S Tank per person, Bruticus 2 per person & Cliffjumper 4 per person( a little off topic but just to let you all know)

9. hoosierdaddy04

ALL i want is for a good review to come out sometime before he shows up on HTS (if he shows up at all). Which a review will so I'll just chill..............till then

10. rosewater

nope,i'm not angry at all. i'm just a little exhausted from seeing the same combined mode photographed from the same angle, but with different color ways by the company whose sole mission is to sell us on its new and amazing product. i won't even say that i'm "fed up" or "i've had it" because it's not true. i think i'm just watching a company fritter away what it has because, and this is all complete speculation, it's so huge it can't make mistakes anymore. we're all bearing witness to a potential decline in the hobby right now, and the quality of hasbro's latest release should be an indication as to how seriously the brand managers are taking their positions. sdcc isn't a game as it may have been 10 or 15 years ago. it's a huge deal to everyone in the pop culture business,from small press publishers to film companies worth billions. so why is the Hasbro team dicking around with their displays? why was OP's gun practically pointing at his head? why are the wave 2 TF's still in hand-painted mode? why the hell can't someone at the ENTIRE GLOBAL TOY CONGLOMERATE make the big combiner, buy five toys ( it's worth it) look so amazing we'd all be stupid NOT to buy it? look, i love Hasbro. i've been a fan of all they've sold me since the summer of 1982. but now that i'm an adult with clear eyes, i can see that there are some pretty dumb things that they've been doing lately as far as marketing and distribution, and, frankly, the quality of they're output. i think that someone, maybe an intern, watches these boards. and if we've got their ear,even in a small way, we can steer the ship a little.

11. Apoclatron5675

Apoclatron5675 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well maybe it was the interns or a disgruntled volunteer that messed everything up setting up the case to stick it to Hasbro idk:lol 

12. rosewater

"their" not "they're"
    sorry.

13. hoosierdaddy04

rosewater... I can finally appreciate where you are coming from and what you were attempting to state earler... As of recently it would appearer that some designers, and most of their (Hasbro) marketing personnel just don't care. I personally take pride in all the work I do and it angers me to no end the lack a dayz attitude approach attitude at these conventions... You would think that someone somewhere up the Hasbro exec chain would take notice and correct what has been going on lately but alas it's about money not personal pride. I have to agree that Hasbro may drop in profits this year not just because of being a off movie year. Alas there is a proper 5 team combiner coming out that I am deeply interested in Project Uranus... The more I think about it the more tempted I am to drop my Brut pre order for the shear princapal... I know one order lost won't change anything and it may be hypocritical to go the 3rd party route but at least it seems they actually listen or are in touch with my want...

14. snoopcow

snoopcow Mold hoarder

that swindle looks like he can be left fist or right palm! damn.....!

15. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A review for SDCC Terrorcon Cluffjumper has already been posted in the feedback forum. The guy says he has Bruticus already as well.

16. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    I agree with everything you said. Hasbro's protrayal of their level of caring seems to have gone out the roof since Power Core Combiners. Too Many Bee's, Crappy DOTM offerings, Mech Tech Weapons, the FE fiasco, STILL horribly showing OFFICIAL Pictures of figures horrible mis transformed... What is Hasbro's deal? Do they think they are now un sinkable? They have to realize an off year without a movie should be their NORM. They cant expect to pump our huge successful movies and toylines every few years and that be the norm bottom line in profits, it should be considered extra.

Designs for the most part seem to be going south for one reason or another. I do not think it is the price of oil so much. Look at the Rescue bots. They are a lot bigger than deluxes and not as expensive. I smell a Rat, a big greedy corporate Rat.

Also, its now the next day, lets see some bruticus' plz! =]

17. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Should be real easy to get a Cliffjumper then.

I remember Prime Prime let people buy a larger amount at SDCC too and HTS had tons of them. Judging by the NYCC exclusive still being available, Hasbro seems to pump out way more Prime exclusives compared to everything else.

18. Computron34

Computron34 Always Tired

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  19. zeroomegazx

News Credits:
  20. zeroomegazx

News Credits:
    Any Prices for the SDCC Bruticus yet? Im eagar to know what HTS is charging at the place.