SDCC Bruticus reviews?? Where are they?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by zeroomegazx, Jul 11, 2012.

1. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    Has anyone picked up Bruticus yet tonight? Thoughts/pics???

2. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Um... Preview Night's only been open for, what, an hour? Patience!

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Yeah, I demand reviews too, especially to an unreasonable degree of detail & cinematography.

Post haste!

4. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

yeah, SDCC just started, wait until maybe tomorrow or Friday

5. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  6. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Ya I'm waiting befor I put a preorder on the g2 or buy the sdcc one

7. rosewater

rosewater Well-Known Member

i gotta know if the leg-bots have hands that could make them arm-bots. could this be a bit of scramble city? also,could this guy have been mis-transformed the whole time, so his elbows don't really touch his knees? someone please get a photo or video review uploaded as soon as you are able!

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We've known that they're Scramble-City style for a long time now.

That's part of why their limb modes are so inaccurate to the game versions.

9. rosewater

yeah, but photo proof. i've seen all the same damn pics you've all seen,and the fact is the only "official" pics we've gotten haven't confirmed or denied that theory. stuff that looks like a fist buried up inside a little plastic tank might not be a fist until they show us, or someone of our ilk shows us via a review. so "we've known all along" doesn't really hold much water beyond our usual speculative tendencies.

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hasbro has told us they are Scramble City style. Try even cited an example of someone using 4 Blast Offs if they so desired.

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    It's not speculation. You can flat-out see big hands inside Swindle here: Transformers News Reviews Movies Comics and Toys - TFormers.com

He's got two. one in each leg, one for left arm mode, one for right arm mode. you can even clearly see all four fingers, since they're open hands, not fists.

Those are hands inside swindle, there's not arguing against it. They don't show up in either of his other modes.

In the same picture, Brawl has two visible hands on his legs as well, but with two fingers each instead of four, with one finger being slightly longer than the other. Again, these are not seen in either of his other modes.

As stated before, Hasbro told us they're scramble city style combiners, and we can see the hands clear as day in swindle (and in brawl, although his hands aren't traditional hands). to deny that those are hands inside swindle's legs is about the same as looking at that picture, and declaring that brawl's head isn't brawl's head.

12. rosewater

Let me see four Swindles. Then I'll be convinced. Yeah, Hasbro has said, but all the photos they've provided are pretty much the same angles, and they've yet to elaborate. I'm simply hoping that the actual toy blows away what they've photographed and allowed we, the public, to see so far. I want this Bruticus to be a massive success, I just disagree with their marketing tack. Bruticus could be served by much better.

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Are you really saying that those obvious hands, complete with four distinct fingers, inside swindle's legs in that picture... may not be hands?

really?

14. rosewater

that's what i'm saying. i know they're posing him with Vortex as his left hand in order to mimic the G1 or G2 versions, but why aren't they showing him built up in different modes? We've all been looking at essentially the same photos with different colors for months now. it just seems weird to keep all that versatility under wraps. believe me,i want all the naysayers to be silenced, and Hasbro has the ability to do just that by displaying its first combiner in forever in all kinds of amazing poses and whatnot.

15. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    The hands are right there in the pictures. The figure's designer himself said one of the challenges was to make the limbs all interchangeable.

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
  17. rosewater

just show it then. i see half hands separated by plastic walls on the backs of those legs,and in months of leaked, fan,or official photos i've yet to see those hands actually be hands on the gelstalt. so, i'm just trying to get someone occupying space at the damn con to make a hasbro crony pose that shit so's we can see it different than we've been seeing it since it was first leaked to the public. damn.

18. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Deny, Deny, Deny! Repeat!

19. rosewater

just asking for some empirical evidence,that's all. again, i'm a fan of this toy. i simply want some more reasons to make the haters fall in love again.

20. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

Please they have enough trouble transforming Bruticus CORRECTLY using the same limbs every time... Why confuse the three year olds who are putting these on display for Hasbro by using different limbs??? Seriously though it's probably that he look even crappier than what he dones now with his limbs switched around and yea I still have G2 version preordered I'm just that desperate for an official combiner (for Now).