SDCC Bruticus price

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Avengers, Aug 7, 2012.

1. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

So many people on eBay bought the amazon exclusive and selling it for double the price?

2. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    When Takara releases FOC Bruticus, it will be about $38 a Deluxe, so the price tag for a full set may be close to $200.If you add shipping, I do not see any money savings compared to the US versions.

3. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    If this keeps going up people won't buy it, I certainly won't. Also, comparing this to Takara's 2010 Unicron isn't quite just. Unicron has only had this one mould to represent the character from Armada & G1, whereas Bruticus has so many options that most people won't really care if they miss out on this mould. I can see a lot of people just sticking to retail. Believe it or not I reckon G2, once it sells out, will match the SDCC version pretty quickly.

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i'm saying, the SDCC release of this figure is not worth its going price. people are paying masterpiece prices to get their hands on it, and folks are telling people its worth it.

I want the mold, i want to experience the engineering behind it, but with 3 versions that are gonna be way more readily available for purchase, and with in my opinion, superior color schemes, it makes no sense to pay the insane secondary market price.

the reason its sells for much is because people are paying it, and its insane

5. AMG

AMG Old School

This could very well come true and I wouldn't be surprised if it did. The G2 gift box packaging has a huge amount of appeal to many collectors and the toy does have game accurate (DLC) colors.

6. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    fall of cybertron isn't as popular amongst the fanbase as G1 is, so I think you're comparing apples and oranges here when you compare Unicron to Bruticus.

7. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    look its the same every time a freaking exclusiv comes out that is populer, There is actually only certain way's you can do this.

1) Get soemone to hook you up for it at cost
    2) Pay the going rate
    3) Wait and hope the value goes down after the hype.....but
    4) The wait has the other effect and the price is even more higher up and you need to pay even more

Those who chose option 4 are usually the crybabies that then makes a thread every month about Hasbro/TT shoudl reissue it so they could have it because they see themself that they are entitled to it.

Now go choces 1-4 or skip the toy entierly...it really is not rocket science.

and all exclsuvis are advertised usually a few months before so you have time to save money and if you dont have enough then well that is just how the world works..toys are a luxury not something you are entitled to.

end rant

8. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    +1

Hell, it doesn't even have to be an exclusive, there are even people complaining about how regular stuff should be re-released because they had trouble finding it in their area.

9. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Or because it was released before they collected, or because they didn't want just a repaint and suddenly a 3rd party add-on makes it quintuple in price.

That being said, I'd love to see a list of people who DON'T have QC issues with their SDCC Brute. From what I've seen, loose pins, duplicate/wrong parts, I'd be piss scared to invest anything into that.

10. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just praying hard that it will be release under the TF UNITED series.

11. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

I'm just saying this: I genuinely like the G2 colors the best. It's the only version of the mold to make them look like a team, the purple unifies them as a cohesive unit rather than random random bots that happen to join together.

And it's less garish than the retail version, which I am still amazed by.

I do disagree that it might match the SDCC version in price. The SDCC is easily the most desired, and the rarest. The only reason G2 might overtake it is if Takara does a G1-accurate version with Vortex and Onslaught in G1 colors.

12. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have no problems. Sure, there's a few things I don't care for but they're intentional, not problems... (Swindle's scary shoulders, Brawl is hard to stand, Blast Off's shoulders don't peg, Onslaught has tiny balls to hold his arms on...)

13. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Welcome to Transforming collecting. The same can be said for 90% of the stuff out there.

Whether something is worth it is not for you and me to judge, it is for the fandom to judge. And they deemed it to be worth it.

Is it crazy, fuck yes it is. But like I said, paying $100 for a FE bulkhead was just as crazy. Paying $30+ for a scout Windcharger is fucking nuts and so on and so forth.

I am just happy that everyone will get to experience these guys for themselves personally, regardless of mold. The Peaugh mistransformation made the figure for me.

But noone think that any outside factors will ever make the SDCC Bruticus drop in price. You can count on it that it won't go down a red cent.

14. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think they're great molds with minor issues just like any Transformer. I plan to buy every version of the mold. I seriously hope they do a Botcon set as RID Ruination next year or the year after. I already have the Darkside Optimus to serve as Cybertronian Scourge/Black Convoy.

15. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

A perfect post!