SDCC Bruticus price

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Avengers, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Many assume that the SDCC Bruticus will go down in secondary price. when the Mass release & G-2 Bruticus gets released.

At,the very least it'll remain the same Secondary market asking price. Because most ebay sellers don't lower their high asking listing prices. example all those botcon sellers.

I say no,because Takara's 2010 Unicron didn't go down in secondary Price. when Hasbro's amazon Unicron toy came out. Takara's 2010 Unicron still cost over $199 on the secondary market.

Currently SDCC Bruticus sells for over $180 o the secondary market. I don't see this price going down. once the mass release or G-2 version gets released.

Most Veteran fans like FOC SDCC Bruticus because it is in game accurate colors.

Some fans are not fond of the neon colored G-2 toys.

Some fans don't like the mass release colors because they look horrible. their not game accurate colors. they don't come in a gift set box. this toy is in energon Bruticus maximus toy colors.

About the only thing that can make the SDCC Bruticus toys go down in price. is if Takara releases the toys in 1985 colors. then puts this in a gift set G-1 styled retro art shaped box.

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I doubt it'll keep going up in price. Will it go down in price? Probably not either. It's going to plateau though. This happens year after year with exclusives.

3. AMG

AMG Old School

I would love to see that happen.

4. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

It's the usually supply/demand curve issue for a tangible good.

The total supply of SDCCs is fixed now, of course. The available supply may change if current owners chooses to swap the SDCC for the other versions.

On demand, I think that can really only drop. Some percentage of the market that currently wants the mold will find their demand satisfied by one of the other versions. I don't see a huge new influx of demand for the mold, unless the game does extremely well.

Overall, I'd say it will go down or, at best, stay constant. Their isn't a lot of reasons to predict a rise (i.e., a drop in available supply and/or a rise in demand for this version of the mold in particular).

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I suspect the price will drop slightly then plateau at that price and remain there long term.

Remember just because some is offering a figure on ebay for a price doesn't mean someone will buy it for that much.

6. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

My preference as well. If takara or Hasbro hint at a g1 set, ill cancel my g2 preorder

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FWIW, the G2 release is technically in "game accurate" colours as well, since G2 Bruticus is available for use in FoC by pre-ordering the game through Amazon.

8. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I suspect it'll drop in price when the other version are widely available simply because it's not that good of a figure... I think its pre-release status along with it being the best deco are what's driving it currently.

9. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    It's not going anywhere. It's a SDCC figure that you cannot get anywhere else regardless if you could get different colors. When it is limited released and has an sdcc sticker on it, it is not going down. It will stay at $200 minimum.

10. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's about 50 for sale on ebay right now. When the G2 and regular comes out it'll dip in prices for a short period to clear out excess seller stock then hold steady.

11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I feel so lucky that I don't care about the set. If I get it at all, I'll just get the mass retail version. I'm glad to see Hasbro get back into combiners and I hope they attempt more, but I've lost my excitement for this one.

12. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

I feel ya, I have always liked the retail colors more...until I saw the Ruination set- and now the Autobot retools are the ones I want.

13. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    If takara makes a version the price might go down since takaras version will have a more mass release.

14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

The shit is really going to hit the proverbial fan once the teasers for a [hypothetical] 3P upgrade kit start circulating.

15. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i'm just gonna say this:

if you pay over 130 for this set, you are a moron, 150 is pushing it

for those paying 200+ for this one? you are insane and you make us look like lunatics

this toy is not worth that price, especially when its the weakest of the 4 color schemes (in my opinion)

G2 bruticus is where its at!

16. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your opinion = fact, apparently.

17. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

guard convoy: TFW's answer to the question no one asked.

18. Astroscream

Astroscream News Cred > Street Cred

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You are making yourself look like a lunatic.

19. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Guard Convoy, so....what your sayin is that you missed out on this set and you are now bitter??? lol, Jk In relality most of the increases in our hobby lately comes from new collectors who have no idea on how to research items and over pay for them. That makes the sellers up the new "going" price on some of these figures.

20. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Between QC issues and cheaper outlets, I think this one may tank a touch, but it'll probably never be down to cost.