SDCC Bruticus. Missing pieces?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Grimlockimus, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Okay, I just got my Bruticus in the mail from a very nice seller here, and I do not have any suspicion directed towards them, but this is leaving me confused, and a bit uneasy with the SDCC sets.

On my Onslaught, he is missing both of those pointed panels that raise up to give Bruticus his "body crest". I searched the box for them, thought they might have been detached and stored somewhere in the box, and nothing to be found.

It's not a huuuge deal, as I can transplant the retail release parts onto him, but I'm just curious if anyone else had this happen, or if I simply am missing where they're stored?

Again, the seller is not to blame, the item came in perfect MIB status, so if they are gone, it's the fault of Hasbro.

2. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Don't have the figure so I can't attest to it, but that sounds like they're missing. Email Hasbro, they'll usually take care of you.

3. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt Hasbro customer service would do anything. You don't have a reciept of the figure coming from a retailer or their website. Like you mentioned, transplanting the retail version's spikes may be the best option.

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    To ask the obvious question, you are aware they are panels on the figure itself that fold right? They aren't a separate piece.

5. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I was going to say that too.. I'd also suggest posting a pic of what the OP is talking about. We'll be able to tell if the parts are missing or not.

6. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    I know they fold down XD

I checked, there's nothing there, and the piece they hold onto is there, just begging for those panels.

7. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Obviously faulty. If you send me the set I'll see what I can do..... ;) 

In all seriousness, don't let Hasbro con you in to sending anything back to them.

8. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good point. Assuming Hasbro would even let him return the figure, they'd just keep it and give you a figure of equal value. They don't take scalpers into account, so they'd base SDCC Bruticus' value as 100 dollars (which we all know isn't his actual worth).

9. jbellanca

jbellanca Well-Known Member

Wow, I can't believe I actually found this post hereā€¦ My Onslaught (direct from HasbroToyShop.com) is missing his right piece (left as you're looking at him). I just e-mailed Hasbro tonight a picture of it, asking if they can send me a replacement piece or figure. I figured, like you did, that I could buy another one at retail to replace the missing piece, and paint it to match. But still, for a $100 figure, I'm pretty disappointed that he didn't come complete.

[​IMG]

10. ufjason

ufjason Well-Known Member

I just sold my Bruticus on eBay. I had never opened the box or broken the outer flap seal. The buyer emailed me that the Onslaught figure was missing the right forearm! I'm so pissed, these are limited edition convention exclusives. If you're going to charge $100 for them, they better have some quality control.

I called up Hasbro and they can't even send me the crappy generations version of Onslaught since they only pull a figure out of assortment boxes. I was surprised they outright offered a replacement figure without sending something back which makes me think they might have received more than a few calls about this set.

I looked on their site and thought the FOC Grimlock would be a nice recompense but that one's on back order as well as part of an assortment box. Best she could do was send me a $10 coupon/voucher for Hasbro Toy Shop. Too bad they never have anything I want to buy in stock!

Attached Files:

11. vladimir-pocket

vladimir-pocket Decepticon

News Credits:
    My Bruticus was missing swindles front grille ..

12. Shockblaster

Shockblaster likes Kate Upton

I don't have him, but yeah, its probably a QC problem.

13. ufjason

ufjason Well-Known Member

Well, I'm going to pick up a replacement Onslaught separately and sell this one off for parts. If anyone is missing pieces I'll be happy to strip my right forearmless figure for a small fee to cover the replacement.