sdcc alternator rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by KA, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Ha! Really? I didn't even look at the illustration! Since I already knew how to transform the GT, I didn't bother taking out the instructions, just saw them while cutting the flaps for the inner bubble loose.

2. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got Rodimus today, finally, and he's really awesome! No QC problems for me, and the chest locks in place, i couldn't believe it. :p 

Nice colors, paint and plastic blends well, visor gimmick is cool, he's hands down one of the best Alts out there.

Getting a new alt today made me feel sad we're not getting any more for a while, if ever. Go exclusives! :p 

3. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

That's probably closer to the truth, unless you count BT-18, which is an Alt at heart. :hookday 

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Got to open mine today! (Yay!) I'm thrilled!

The pros:

MOLD: Couldn't have used a metter mold for him. The head is awesome, visor and all!

COLOURS: Awesome! Deffinatlt screams HOT! No cheap red plastic. The yellow and orange help make it a lot warmer. The yellow hands and flames on his arms make him seem like his hands are on fire! I like the gold flames (and stripes) in Vehicle mode, yellow might not work for an otherwise all red car. I nice amount of black and dark red in the "Background" shows up too.

DESIGN: Teid with Skidz as my favorite Alt mold. I own Mirage aswell and love TFing them back and forth! The visor was a nice gimmick that I'm glad the kept.
    Articulation is still amazing!

The cons:

JOINTS: I kinda wish the back hinge was tighter, other than that, nothing I can really see wrong. No quality issues or anything.

Final thoughts:

Absolutely worth every penny! Plus, his colours and head are different enough from Mirage to warrant a second purchase of the mold!

VERDIT: Guilty of being TOO HOT! 10/10!!!

5. vector

vector City Commander

Ebay:
    I got mine a couple of weeks ago. I hav not nor will I transforming him any time soon. However I can comment on the GT Altrnate mode. Looking all over the vehicle I find not one QC issue. Even the rear bonnet is tight.

6. SocrManiac

SocrManiac TFW2005 Supporter

Not a GT40 ;) 

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He's still a Ford GT, though.

Did anyone notice those little red things under the back of the car that clip in and flip around? What are they for? (They're on Mirage too)

8. SocrManiac

SocrManiac TFW2005 Supporter

Ford GT != Ford GT40

9. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    who said it was?

10. Primeconvoy1

Primeconvoy1 Cybertronian Broker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Finally had a chance to open Roddy and sit him next to the other Ford GT's! I got to say this is my favorite mold for Alts/BT! This just makes my anticipation for my E-Hobby Mirage that much more torturous! My preorder can't come soon enough!
    [​IMG]

My Alts. collection is now complete! I just hope with the success of the E-Hobby Mirage from Tomy Takara, we get a few more characters down the road. Remember, Alt. Ravage and Rumble were only used once, and could easily be used again! I can see an E-Hobby Frenzy or Steeljaw down the road.
    This line is too nice to end! :( 

11. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Are you talking about the little bits underneath the rear bumper? They slide up in car mode to create a cohesive carbody shape, and snap the other way to let the knees bend in bot mode.

If that's not what you're talking about, then I've got nothing.

I would certainly like to see Alts continue... but not as repaints. I want to see new molds if anything. To get more repaints as a continuation of a line is just like a painful reminder of what we aren't getting.... new designs :\

Roddy is forgivable because he's so zany and flamey.

12. neek_buster

neek_buster The One Man Army

News Credits:
    I have a question, do the chest locks in place? or it just hanging there like mirage?

13. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes, the chest locks into place. When you flip out the 2 upper chest panels(the orange ones) to about a 45 degree angle, there's tabs on each side of the chest that fit into indentations on the panels. Now the thing doesn't "lock" into place, if you pick him up and move him around a bunch it can pop out.

14. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, the two panels that have to be at an angle work much better than with Mirage, but the hood still pops out a bit easely on mine... but at least it's not just flopping around :p 

15. Rabbit

Rabbit Weary

I fought and fiddled with the mine and I could only get the hood to rest loosely on the connectors. Mirage was hopeless in the regard too but KP Rodimus was a perfect fit.

16. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

after reading more posts about this guy it seems I got a good one. Mine didn't have any quality issues at all, other then being too hot :-D

17. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    Finally opened mine today. There was some extra black paint on the roof, which I scratched off with my thumbnail. The back cover sits down fairly well, better than KP Rodimus but not as well as Mirage. The two angled chest panels work better on him than they do on KP Rodimus and Mirage, and the doors can be angled outwards in robot mode like KP Rodimus, but unlike Mirage.

The car mode looks rather plain compared to the other two Ford GTs, but in robot mode the chest flames suits him down the ground. However the chest flames seem to be at odds with the wrist flames in my opinion.

18. vector

vector City Commander

Ebay:
    I just Transformed my Alt. Rdimus after having it out of the box for three weeks. And it is perfect. No issues at all, even the chest plate locks in with no hesitation.

19. Rabbit

Rabbit Weary

My love for this figure has increased in the last month as a direct result of my having switched his place with KP Rodimus in my collection. KP Rodimus was previously assigned to top billing on the top shelp next to Optimus, but I wanted all 27 Alts together y'see so I moved it to the very bottom shelf with the other BT and KP oddballs of my collection. SDCC Rodimus, for his dull chest flames and some relatively minor QC issues got put at the top where I can view it more easily and thus, has earned a few points of appreciation.

This is an Alt that, while certainly not realistic in terms of his paint job, (is there a Ford GT out there painted like this right off the factory floor? I think not) is truer to the spirit of the original look of G1 Hot Rod and thus in that regard is better than KP Rodimus which, though supremely awesome and of excellent quality, seems now like a flashy copy; a shiny, too-slick pastiche of the cheesy flaming Hot Rod of the mid to late 80s. To me, KP Rodimus is like that hot girl at school who knows she's hot and gets all the attention. Alt Rodimus was the bookish wallflower I couldn't really bother with but ultimately has more going for her than I realized. Like, once I got past those coke bottle lenses and the buttoned up cardigan, there's 'naughty, naughty librarian' potential.

It's flawed and kinda kitschy compared to the cool and sophisticated KP Rodimus but Alt Rodimus has character. If KP Rodimus were DVD, Alt Rodimus, mostly because of those flames, is VHS but by god there's no mistaking who it is and I can't help but love him for it.

20. Senor_Escobar

Senor_Escobar Well-Known Member

i have nightmares because i passed on this figure