SDCC 2018 HTS Convention Exclusives Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AzT, Jun 29, 2018.

1. AzT

AzT Azlaroc, Yeargroup 431 Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The sequel, friends :D 

SDCC 2017 HTS Convention Exclusives Thread

2018 reveals so far:

Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Licensed Scooters By Razor - Transformers News - TFW2005

Transformers Trading Card Game from Wizards of the Coast - Details and Images - Transformers News - TFW2005

Hasbro's new Star Wars Forces of Destiny set is porg-tastic

2018 SDCC Exclusive Marvel Legends Series Red Skull Figure & Electronic Tesseract Full Reveal

Hasbro Pulse on Instagram: “Behold the Tesseract, and a key to Infinity. The MARVEL LEGENDS SERIES RED SKULL & ELECTRONIC TESSERACT will be for sale at San Diego…”

Magic: The Gathering Reveals Comic-Con 2018 Exclusive Limited Edition Collection - IGN

Transforming Dino-Cassettes Join a Retro '80s Bumblebee For This Comic-Con Exclusive

SDCC 2018 Exclusive Marvel Legends Netflix Box Set Update - The Toyark - News

Star Wars SDCC 2018 Exclusive 3.75-Inch Doctor Aphra Comic Set - The Toyark - News

Two New Hasbro Star Wars SDCC 2018 Exclusives Revealed - The Toyark - News

Generic Error

Generic Error

Attendees: The Comic-Con 2018 Exclusives Portal is now open!

• Like Like x 4
  2. AzT

AzT Azlaroc, Yeargroup 431 Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  3. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

God
    Damnit

4. Yaujta

Yaujta NOT Randy Butternubs. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Should just call the thread:
    F5, F5, F5...gotta pee...F5, DAMMIT!!!

• Like Like x 12
  5. jru42287

jru42287 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    I can honestly say that the only thing I'm interested in is the unmasked Charlie Cox head for Daredevil.

6. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Just wondering, For any Exclusive how many do you think they actually have? Like maybe 100 pieces of each at the entire convention or less?

7. Yaujta

Yaujta NOT Randy Butternubs. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Let's just hope the ass-hattery that happened with the TM Megatron exclusive doesn't happen again, where there was no limit and only a few people were able to get one because a few selfish people and online sellers (BBTS) bought up the inventory.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can take it as a given that Hasbro is going to make a profit on these. They won't sell them at a loss. So based on the price, you can make a safe assumption about production numbers. Just going on the Bumblebee/cassette set, what might a price of $60 tell you about how many sets are being made?

Look at the Botcon Transmetal Megatron Yaujta brought up. We can equally assume FunPub did not sell this figure at a loss. They sold a mold for $89 that, at original retail, sold for approximately $30--but its production run was only around 1000 units. Obviously the retail release was many multiples of that.

So getting back to the Bumblebee/cassettes set, its price is set at $60. What might you expect the price to be if this was a regular retail release? $20 for the Bumblebee is easy. The cassettes might sell at the Legends price point, so add another $10. If the set was $30 if it was in Walmart (with a production run of anywhere between 50k and 100k units), and it's exactly twice as expensive at SDCC, you could probably assume we're looking at a production run in the 5k-10k range.

Or, y'know, I'm just full of it.

9. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone remember what time the exclusives went up last year for reference?

10. Dudicus

Dudicus G2 Combiner dudebro.

News Credits:
    I'm all in for the Bee set and the Throne. Haven't done this since 2015.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    They have a lot more than one hundred a piece. I can't remember where I heard this or I'd source it, but I recall it being between one to five thousand for the Hasbro exclusives. It was a number that sounds huge, but ultimately isn't when you consider the number of guests and the fact that many people will be buying more than one or each. However, as Ikkstakk was saying, it may be closer to ten thousand. It depends on cost and how many they think they'll sell.

If you're talking about on HTS, last year was an odd time as I recall. I believe it was somewhere around 1 pm pacific but I'd like someone else with a better memory to verify that. I just remember it was much later than usual. Before last year, it was closer to 8 am pacific.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Just thinking about one certain Exclusive. Heard they were doing lottery draw. Thought they might just sell 10 a day, so wasn't sure if that is what they actually have in total.

13. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    F5!

i only want the Aphra Set, Solo and the Dino cassettes. this year is lackluster...makes my wallet happy though. maybe we'll still get a G.I. Joe set announced.

-

14. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    What exclusive in particular? If it's Hasbro, I highly doubt it'd be a lottery draw.

15. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Something from Bandai.

16. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Alright, so found out that Bandai hasn't done a lottery (at least not in the last five years). However, Bandai has yet to announce any specifics for SDCC yet, in fact most companies are being pretty tight-lipped at the moment. I will say a lottery system, while unlikely, is something that has been discussed a little more this year than last. I'd keep checking the Bandai website to see what they have to say about it. I suspect you'll know a few days before the start of SDCC or the day of. As an aside, you can say what exclusive you specifically want; we're not going to steal it from under you because we know you want it.

17. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alright thanks for the info. I don't know if my memory is failing me but didn't Hasbro put them up extremely early one year? Like 1 AM eastern early?

18. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Thanks.

There are so many preorders, But I think it is best I should wait till someone on ebay actually has it in stock before purchasing.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Definitely not 1 am. That's 10 pm here in California and would have been the day before for us. Restocks have come in at those god awful times due to cancellations and whatnot, but never the start of the sale. Usually, it starts around 11 am eastern but last year was weird and it started stupid late. Start checking as soon as you wake up and check all day. Also, word of warning, do not use paypal as it has a habit of taking its time and erroring out, canceling your order.

20. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Looking to get Solo, cassettes and Primal. Drawing for the lottery is Friday 13th... Here's hoping!

• Like Like x 1