SDCC 2012 Purchase limits revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Grimlockimus, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

As always, I apologize if this was mentioned somewhere else or in a post on another topic, but this bit of news is pretty important for those looking to buy the SDCC exclusives this year.

The limits have been set folks, and these are probably the same limits we'll be seeing on HTS.

2 Bruticus' per customer (Medium quantity)
    4 Cliffjumpers per customer (High quantity)
    1 Shockwave Hisstank per customer (low quantity)

2. mellowmut

mellowmut Sidekick

News Credits:
    Anyone know how long the lines to grab these exclusives generally are or how hard they are to grab? Or how long until they generally sell out? Basically what's the system. Never been to Comic-Con before so trying to prepare for what to expect. Thanks

3. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Took almost a year for them to sell the deluxe Optimus. Lmao they must have made a ton of the Zombie Cliff too.

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    FUCK! they raised the damn prices too... that sucks... now i gotta find some extra funds to pay my friend back... it'd be really nice if they wouldn't put out prices online, then change them last minute.

5. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    The only one I really want is a red Jinx (Kim Arashikage) but the way prices on eBay are right now, I doubt that will ever happen... Unless someone at SDCC wants to pick one up for me, lol.

6. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They did raise the prices... Unless that's figuring tax into it...

7. Transfan2

Transfan2 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It seems to be including the tax since on the form it says "All prices include California State Sales Tax".

Hope that helps,
    -TF2 ^^

8. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, the updated prices now include CA tax.

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    maybe, but my friend who's out there said that they usually figure tax into the price beforehand, hence why i gave him enough to get me CJ, Bruticus and the HISS tank, and now he'll have to fork over a bit of his own money. I don't mind the prices, they're still great, it's just annoying to send someone with money only to find out the prices originally sent out are too low...

10. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

Awesome :bowdown: . Will these be posted on the HTS online store on Monday or Tuesday? :eek: 

11. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Yep, it almost seems like Hasbro is making more than enough to cover the demand on HTS too.

That is a super high limit on Marvel Legends and Universe figures too, along with MLP.

That Shockwave HISS Tank will be a bitch to snag though.

12. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    The MLP high limit makes sense though, considering how many people I know who are even just casual fans of the show want a Derpy.

13. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Yea, totally. I'm glad Hasbro did the right thing (supposedly) and made a ton of these figures hence the high limits.

I hope HTS gets a lot of these exclusives not only for myself, but for all collectors who want these figures. Let's hope this year is the year HTS and Hasbro get things right -- get in, order your figures, get out. No white screens of death, no staggered releasing of figures, plenty of figures so you have a day one sellout instead of a minute one sellout... just a nice smooth experience.

Kind of sucks G.I Joe got the shaft though.

14. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    There will always be a lag, or a site crash on days where the exclusives are released. Regardless of how many. Unless we are told that eighty-bazillion are being made, people will constantly refresh the site over and over thinking there is just one left and they must have it.

15. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

Any word on when these may go up? I kinda want that Derpy but I don't want to pay ebay prices.

16. snip312

snip312 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    there's one left.................(hits refresh for 1000th time!!!!!!!!)

17. escutler

escutler Decepticon Air Commander

News Credits:
    Not funny teasing us like that,man! :) 

18. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

Really thought they would have changed something this year, but I see nothing has changed. Site has been sluggish all morning.....going to be just like the past 2 years once the exlcusives go up...if they do. I think last year Hasbro annouced they'd be up on Tuesday, but they didn't show up till Weds/Thurs IIRC.

19. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope, they were up on Tuesday at around noon EST, 9am PST. You can actually go into your HTS account and see the date and time of your purchases.

20. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    I really wish they had done their limits differently...ditto for Mattel. Sunday is "kids day" at SDCC and I have never seen so many little girls crying because all the adult men bought all the My Little Pony and Monster High dolls (some to sell at their booths for 5x the price...) There was also an entire hallway of girls that couldn't get into the Monster High panel because of the grown ups that wanted to see the last panel of the day and had camped out in the room so none of the little kids could get in (it was right next to the Bob's Burger panel I was going to...)

When they do something like thsi that is mostly for little kids I really think they should hold some aside, maybe even OUT of package so we don't have adults "hijacking" random kids to get more toys, and ONLY sell those to the kiddies....must be 10 years of YOUNGER to purchase :)