SDCC 2012 Bruticus Gift Set Images From BOTCON

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DESTRO, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This is the greatest real life troll ever. Well done Hasbro.

Ha ha ha ha...
    ...true punch-a-baby rage.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    You mean SDCC, where this thing is actually going to be sold, and people go to anyway for more than just Transformers crap? It's one of the biggest nerd conventions of the year for more than just Transformers.

And this will probably be available on HTS in limited numbers anyway, so that kills your "enticing people to come to the convention" argument to a degree. Not to mention the fact people might buy multiples at the convention as a favor for fans who can't go.

Explained, it was largely the retailer's fault and they're trying to get the FE's back out.

Can you wait to give them a chance to actually release them again? They held their word with the final Animated deluxes, so there's precedence for this if nothing else.

I don't know the context for this, so no comment.

Since when, DOTM? Last I checked Sentinel ended up being the BAD GUY and was allied with the Decepticons. There also haven't been any Leaders since DOTM, the largest in-stock size class being Voyager, and Megatron is easily the more popular of the Wave 1 assortment because he doesn't suck.

Well, it's either their cheaper product of Takara's imported expensive product, so it's not really much of a choice. I don't know what you're so bitter about, but I can't see why you have so much of a problem with us choosing how to spend our money for stuff we want.

3. glazios

glazios Chaotic Bastard

Facebook:
    Wow. They're really pulling out all the stops on being marketing assholes this year, huh. In which case, I'm fairly glad that the design of this figure still completely repulses me. I have a decent Brute already, thanks to FansProject, that I'd be hard pressed to replace with what I would consider a better figure.

Nice try, Hasbro, but once again, you fall short of expectations. Sorry and all that. :p 

4. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    If its expensive (either in real price and/or second hand) then I can live with neonBruticus just fine for 1/4 da monies.

5. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    This exclusive crap has turned me off. The mass retail version must look damned good in person if I decide to pick them up.

6. KayeMinor

KayeMinor Banned

Hasbro's face when.
    [​IMG]

7. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Lol.

I'm going to cry when I see how much one of these will cost shipped to Australia.

8. Gundamben831

Gundamben831 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't know if its just me but I honestly think the Fansproject version looks 10X better than this version of Bruticus and I really wont support Hasbro making exclusives like this, because its just bs that these colors are exclusively sold only at SDCC so I think its probably the worst idea by Hasbro not only do they not see any of that aftermarket sales which usually triples in price from what the convention prices were initially. IMHO I just think hasbro should stick to just streamline their product and focus on customer needs not just a dynamic of how or what they think will sell, I know everyone will say collectors are a small part of that community but usually its the strongest part which gives back the most feedback thus which they should take our considerations more seriously but in the end since they are just a corporation they care less about who the litter person is and rather focus on what is making them a profit.

9. JouetCOM

JouetCOM Autobot Officer

News Credits:
    Hopefully the Takara's release will have a similar color scheme..........

10. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Somewhat expected this for Bruticus. I'll try to get the exclusive, if not I'll go for the retail versions.

11. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed.

12. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Doesn't Hasbro always do these fancy mock-ups, and then come release the colors are completely off?

I think this comic from Shortpacked explains it quite well...

13. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Oh, I missed that part. Read SDCC and my brain just said convention. But still, people like me have absolutely no way of getting to America.

That was never said. If that has happened in the past, I did not know that.

And Hasbro didn't figure out a way to fix that. They canceled, I think, four lines and not simultaneously.

I'll only believe they'll be released when I see them.

Compare the size of ROTF toys to DOTM toys and then DOTM toys to TFP toys. They just can't stop downsizing them.

Sentinel Prime was marketed as an Autobot and I count him as one. Also, they have announced the release of Weaponizers (basically Leaders) TFP Optimus and Bee and them again for the Maximus lines. And most of those announcements were ages ago. Where are the Weaponizors Megatron and Megatron Maximus announcements?

I never said to go to Takara. All they do is give a better paint job and maybe a Micron to some toys. I say that if the fans want any kind of respect, they have to let go of their obsessions and stop buying until Hasbro stops treating them like shit.

14. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had no intentions of buying this anyway, but it really sucks that you guys have to go through loops or pay up the ass to get the proper colored toy now.

15. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    You know, for someone who claims to be "not coming back", you seem to be taking your time in leaving.

16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Or a worse paint job and a Micron.

17. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They're all deluxes. I highly doubt they'll sell five deluxes for $100, box and deco be damned.

Ultimate Optimus ended up not far off from the retail price, and all that included was new packaging and a sticker sheet. Mighty Muggs were about the same price as the ones that were available at retail. $70 or so at best, probably $80 or so but I'll be stunned if it's $100.

18. SoundWave88

SoundWave88 Neo-Con

Sounds like the MU Sentinel all over again. Correct/comic version was a SDCC exclusive and online retailers, while stupid colors go to mass retail. What is it with Hasbro?? Maybe they will repaint and re-release.

Its not very hard to get your hands on one, either through the boards, eBay, or even Amazon or HTS, but the sooner after comic con the better. And 15 x 5 is 75, so be prepared to pay around that or more.

19. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    If I can snag it on HTS I won't hesitate, but the regular version is fine enough for me. It just doesn't seem like a good enough toy to jump through hoops and pay extra for, honestly.

20. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

Agreed. However looking at Kool Aid Bruticus after I've seen the SDCC Exclusive makes me a little more tolerant of the Kool Aid one.