SDCC 2009 Hasbro Toy Shop Exclusive Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by aey103, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If a thread like this has been started I apologize did a search and came up with nothing, but I started thinking I don’t believe Hasbro has yet to announce what the HTS exclusive will be at SDCC this year. This got me thinking of what they could possibly be…ok some are real wishful thinking too.

Voyager Transformers Animated Nemesis Prime. It’s been a reoccurring theme for Hasbro at SDCC, 2006 Alternators Nemesis Prime and 2008 Universe/Classics Nemesis Prime. You could even make a case that the Titanium Menasor in 2007 could be considered a Nemesis Rodimus Prime.

…which brings me to Titanium Soundblaster and/or Titanium Primal Prime. They have been shown on cross sells on the TRU Titanium Grimlock and Prowl figures and again Titanium figures have been standard the past two years with Menasor in 2007 and Skywarp in 2008.

An Alternators mold that was only used once in the US, ok this one is more hoping. Several ideas come to mind. Skids into Blaster as done in Japan, or Skids as either Ironhide or Ratchet (not ideal, both are movie characters but may cause confusion as well since the movie character are already based on real world vehicles). Also a repaint of Alt Rumble into Frenzy? They have done Alternators in the past too with NP in 2006 and Rodimus in 2007.

Voyager Transformers Animated Starscream repainted as one of the Starscream clones. It’s a seeker repaint I think that is enough said.

Classics/Universe Starscream repainted as Sunstorm. More of an expanded universe collector favorite that before Animated the general public wasn’t aware of. Could be considered along the lines of Nemesis Prime.

Universe Red Alert, long shot and I remember Hasbro mentioning in a Q and A they were no plans in the current Universe case assortments for this figure. Maybe as a HTS exclusive though?

Universe Sideswipe as Breakdown or Universe Prowl as Wildrider/Deadend. Another long shot but as an exclusive could be another way to get a few more Stunticons.

The rumored second wave of Premium classics from a while back. The first wave was HTS exclusives.

Universe Inferno as Hotspot. Another long shot, mold on shelves still but thought worth mentioning.

Return of Hasbro ReIssues through HTS…ok that is definitely a wish list item.

I hate to bring this one up and that is why I am putting it at the end so people who quit reading above will miss it but, Henkei Thrust and/or Dirge. Just throwing it out there because I know someone will mention it.

So any one else have any thoughts or ideas or wishes of what they would like to see.

2. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.