SDCC '12 Exclusive FOC Bruticus Price?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by badbot98, May 30, 2012.

1. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Same here. As much as I prefer the game colors to the "G2" colors, I can't justify to myself paying that much for something that isn't vintage of MP. Also the reason that I don't have as many Third Party figures as I'd like.

2. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You don't find Bruticus in general aesthetically pleasing anyways, so you'll just buy Bruticus in colors you describe as "shit"?

Energon, not G2.

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
  4. F18Starscream

F18Starscream Commander of the Skies

News Credits:
    Unless I sell one of my kidneys :D 

5. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  6. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

Meh, I'll get this one to keep in package in bruticus mode, and buy the normal retail combaticons to display separately

7. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    If FoC toys ever showed up here (and I mean the regular colors mass retail version), each would cost between 20 and 25 dollars. Getting a full Bruticus would cost the same or more than the exclusive version price some of you are whining about. TF fans are pretty cheap.

8. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

:rolleyes: 

Living in a non-US territory means you pay more. It sucks, but it's a fact. When the cost of this exclusive in the US is $25-$30 more than normal retail for a different deco and a fancy box, it's a legitimate complaint to some.

On topic, I'm probably still going to be trying to get this guy when HTS puts him up for sale. $100 is more than I was interested in paying, but not by much. I'm definitely getting zombie Cliffjumper as well!

9. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What?

10. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    But that's kind of my point. I'm not complaining about how expensive TFs are here since I choose to pay that price. I'm pointing out how stupid it is to cry over the price of a special, exclusive version of a toy that you'll still see in US stores at a dirt cheap price. They are giving you all the options. People say "I'm not willing to pay more than $15 for a deluxe that's outrageous!" when everyone else outside the US just pays it and shuts up! And you don't see them complaining each time (well, some do I guess.)

Again, I am NOT complaining about how much I pay for toys because I don't really mind paying our prices. US buyers shouldn't really complain either because it looks silly to the rest of the world. There is a regular, normal priced release for you guys to look up to if $100 for 5 exclusive figures is so terrible. (so it's not even a situation of "don't like the price, don't buy it". They're giving you options. I'm not referring to you in particular since you apparently still want the SDCC version.)

11. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    ya,if it looks like crap either way, im gonna get the cheaper version.

just because it doesnt look good on an aesthetic level, doesnt mean it cant be a fun toy, so im willing to give it a chance.

after all it is a combiner, theres always the individual modes if i dont like the combination. plus ill be supporting combiners,which if i remember correctly,hasbro said theyd do more of if this one does well.

12. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh ok, I see what you mean. I was a bit confused before.

13. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Although accurate, I found your correction to be nitpicking since he's been commonly referred to as G2 form the beginning of his reveal. I actually rolled my eyes when I read your post.

Ah, my mistake. I thought your post was more of a comment on US vs. The World pricing. I absolutely agree on your point of us getting more options to own this mold much more easily than others. I apologize for my misunderstanding! :thumb 

14. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes but that common reference was incorrect from the beginning, and shouldn't even be used considering we're getting an actual G2 set anyways, making the "common reference" all the more confusing.

If you think that's nitpicking, that's you're thinking, but I see no point to keep calling it when it's clear to anyone with the ability to use Google or the wiki that it's not.

15. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Forgive me if it's been mentioned, but does HTS announce when these things officially go live on their site or is it kind of a guess/wait kinda thing and once it happens you have to be lucky to be online when it does?