SDCC '12 Exclusive FOC Bruticus Price?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by badbot98, May 30, 2012.

1. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    $100? I can live with that. Now hopefully these go on to HTS...

2. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    You have a middleman, right?

Because HTS didn't ship outside North America, last i looked.

3. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    So what day do these usually post? I'm gonna have to stalk the shit out of HTS for Bruticus.

4. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Till now,there is still no one whom can verify how much this piece is?

5. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

6. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

CJ is priced as expected (Prime was $20 last year, but rather than an early release of a mold, this is a mold that's not planned to come out here), but I'm not sure if I can pull the trigger on him or Bruticus.

$100+ is... rough. Over $20 per figure when I don't actually like most of them and I'll need to see an in-hand image of the combined mode. I love Blast Off (but he's also one of the only ones I like from the Energon version), Swindle is a generic lump of mediocrity, Onslaught is pretty generic (but they didn't have a lot to work with since his G1 version's pretty generic), Brawl is nice, and Vortex is... ehhhhhhh.

... that said, I'm still considering the Amazon version. Price and details pending, of course.

7. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Kinda dissapointing that the packaging alone is $25. Even though it is an exclusive, bundling usually makes a product cost less, not more. Hope I have the cash when it comes out.

8. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    $100? Really?

9. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Last year's fancy box Optimus was priced at $20. Apple to apple on packaging. $5 more is 25% increase in price from a year ago. Paying more either way.

10. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Finally a price! So that's like $108 after tax (7.75% for CA)!

11. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is that a good or a bad really? I think that $100, given the price of deluxes today, is rather fair. Luckily I have a friend going.

12. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Think he could snag me one too? :p 

And $100 isn't that bad for the set, let alone a SDCC exclusive. Each deluxe would run about $12, times that by 5, and you're looking at $60 for Bruticus at retail.

But SDCC exclusives are usually double that price, so $100 isn't terrible at all.

Provided that is the actual price.

13. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Excellent. That $100 tag should price out some of the competition online so HTS is less likely to crash. I was worried because the exclusives are so good this year.

14. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anytime between Monday and Wednesday the following week. I don't think it's been consistent when they're posted, unfortunately.

Do you ever read the posts immediately before yours? It would help answer some of your own questions. Sorry to sound terse, but this is a habit of yours.

I suppose it could be worse, but I'm not thrilled about the price either. I had been thinking, based on the price of DotM Ultimate Optimus last year, that the price wouldn't be dramatically different from retail (the retail vs SDCC price were very close, despite the brand new, nice Alternators-style packaging the latter came with.

My point was that the SDCC Nemesis and Alternators were available for roughly the same as retail price as toys of the same line or size class were but with no difference in packaging ($25 vs $20 for the Alternators & Nemesis) whereas the SDCC Prime Optimus & Cliffjumper are roughly double the retail price ($20, now $25) with totally different packaging. Yes it's gone up a little in just a year between this year and last regarding Cliffjumper, but I think Hasbro's choice in how these are offered has as much, if not more, to do with the difference in price regarding $20-25 deluxes vs $25 Voyager-ish scale figures.

Well using current prices, they're what, $12-13? But it was listed somewhere that Generations deluxes were jumping up to $14.99, which would put the five at roughly $75 retail. In that vain, the price isn't so bad.

That said, aren't always double the retail price. Ultimate Optimus last year barely differed from its retail release, the two Transformer Mighty Muggs were only 50% more than retail (not sure about the other Marvel ones), last year's Starscream Skystriker was about $15 more than retail (the Shockwave Hiss Tank though is a big leap from the recent retail version's price though, right?), the Universe Nemesis and Alternators (as mentioned earlier) and I think the Titaniums were also roughly the same as the retail releases, and last year's Sentinel was a $15 price bump (don't remember Galactus).

Items do double in price, but I think it's much more inconsistent regarding the SDCC price vs the retail price.

15. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think $100 is a more than fair price point for this figure. Sure we'd be looking at about $60-65 seperately at retail for these, but this is an exclusive with new packaging and a paint job. I think having a $35-40 premium put on it for that is worth it. I'd personally be willing to go up to $125 but that's in the pushing it range imo. I think $100 is a solid price. Here's to hoping!

16. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's a bit steep for me. I'll be getting them at retail and buying some paint I guess.

17. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm hoping someone in the US can offer to let me deliver to their address and then forward on or even pick one up from SDCC /hint /hint :) 

Otherwise HTS have said will accept a postal forwarding service addresses.

I sent them various emails to explor options. When asking about freight forwarding and this was their reply:
    It's a costly option but would still come in cheaper than going through ebay:
    Figure $100 + freight forwarding service $55(approx) = £100 + £25 likely customs tax.

Expensive hobby lol - the retail set + paint looks more attractive right now :lol 

18. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I would like to believe that, but I think the speculators are still going to try to snap up as much as they can. This will probably just thin out some of the whining about scalpers, since those who whine are usually the people that wouldn't have spent that much to begin with

19. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I can't do $100, nonetheless the marked up prices that'll be posted on eBay. =( Oh well...

20. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    ill just do the shit retail colors. cant see myself spending 100 on something that i dont find aestheticaly pleasig.

really hoping in hand shots changes that, but ill still be doin retail