Scrubs "Finale"

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Bumble Prime, May 12, 2008.

1. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

Anyone see this thursday? I watched it when it popped up on Hulu.

And from what I have read apparently ABC studios owns the rights to the show and may be finishing the season because of how badly the writers strike ruined this season, which was supposed to be the final. Or the last 6 episodes go straight to DVD

So they cut it off at 11 episodes for the season, and the "last" episode for the season was chronologically inaccurate stretched out fairy tale J.D. fantasy as told by Dr. Cox to his son as a bedtime story.......

The episode wasnt horrible, but it was definitely one of my least favorites ever as it offered absolutely no character or plot development whatsoever, just a "theme" episode. I was kind of miffed before I read online about the last 6 episodes being in limbo, Now i just hope the SAG strike doesnt mess it up even more.....

What did you guys think?

2. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I love Scrubs and I'm going to be very sad when it's over. However....

This entire season has been very much hit and miss. There have been great episodes, but more often it's a good moment or two in a mediocre episode. And even when it's been good, it's seemed...off, somehow.

This ep had a fair share of good stuff, but as you stated, it just seemed stagnet. And as much as I enjoyed the fairy-tale take, why the heck would real-world Dr. Cox give such a cryptic clue? I mean, if it had happened in one of the earlier seasons, I'd be fine 'cause he'd still be there teacher, but now, it just seemed like a waste of everyone's time (especially the dying patient's).

So again, I will be quite sad to see it go, but it's probably good that it's ending sooner, rather than later.

3. Bumble Prime

yeah i noticed that too......... seemed a bit odd for a doctor who knew the answer to prolong the diagnosis lol

Also the JD and Elliott buildup, seriously!? For like 4 episodes they have progressively been building up their rebuilding a relationship and showing everyone in the supporting cast betting on it......... And this episode had two references to the "almost kiss" and then a story recap dismissal of them ending up together via Dr.Cox.

Scrubs is one of my favorite shows, and I don't care how they end it as long as it actually "ends" and doesnt end up just being "another episode" for a finale.

4. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

ok

I must of missed an episode.... kelso retired did he not? yet he's in there 2 minutes in giving it the blah blah blah...

Mucho confused?!?!

I think Bill Lawrance actually said he was going to make sure scrubs finished as he intended to finish it... I started to watch (downloaded) but I will go back to it later... I agree with the buildup of Elliot and JD again ... can't leave it like that surely??

5. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

From what I have read that was only the final episode of Scrubs on NBC as Bill Lawrence (the guy behind Scrubs) got out of his contract with NBC and signed with ABC and is taking Scrubs with him for a 18 episode eighth season during the 2008-2009 season. Here is a link to some of the info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrubs_%28TV_series%29#Season_8 so it will have a proper finale. The best news is season eight will be more like the first few seasons tone-wise.

EDIT: forgot to add this link: http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/2008/05/04/scrubs-blog-my-welcome-back/

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  6. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

For finale, it was quite horrible. I'm sorry, what am I saying, for a scrubs episode, it was quite horrible. That was seriously one of the worst episodes I've ever seen. It confused the hell out me too, as Kelso wasn't supposed to be there. Nothing about it was good or funny. If the rumored season 8 is true, why bother?

7. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

8. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Yeah I saw it was was really disapointed...but this is the first I heard of it going to ABC, so that may be interrresting.

9. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Love scrubs. DVR didn't record it for some reason. so going to hulu.

However, ABC has always made Scrubs - only show where one major network makes the episodes and sells to another - and they will air Scrubs as a final "mini" season next fall.

10. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Really? Why is that?

Also, Dr. Cox is probably my favorite TV character ever.

11. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    I have no idea why they do that; just read about it. Whatever happened caused it to be one of the more unique production situations in the industry.

And Dr. Cox is probably the biggest reason I watch it. I think the actual relationship between him and JD are fantastically written, and John McGinley is perfect for that part.

12. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

No love for The Janitor? You people make me sad :( 

13. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Dr. Jan Itor FTW!

Also agree with the love for Dr. Cox.

14. Bumble Prime

When did that disney buyout happen with ABC? Cuz touchstone television is the studio fro scrubs and thats owned by Disney........ So maybe when the buyout occurred?

15. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

The reason Dr. Kelso was there after resigning was that this ep was shown out of sequence. Probably because NBC wanted to end it on some kind of "event," and this was the best they had.

Here's hoping the "8th season" (or whatever it's going to be) gets a lot better, though I am also hoping for a proper finale as well.

16. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    You mean when did Disney buy out ABC? I dunno, because it happened a long time ago. According to wiki, it is produced by ABC Studios (formerly touchstone). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrubs_(TV_series)

Anyway, just watched the finale on Hulu, and it was ok. Not a typical episode, and look foward to a proper finale. I did lolz at the janitor Giant and ted the hunchback flying human kites.

Also, Zach Braff has either gained a lot of weight this season or just looks a lot older than last year. Don't know which.

17. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It may be the only currently-running show -- not sure on that -- but it's not the only occurrence of this. Journeyman, for one, was produced by Fox and shown on NBC.

EDIT: Nope. It's not the only current one. Dirt is co-produced by ABC and airs on Fox-owned FX.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  18. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    :lol 

my name is doctor jan itor! JAN ITOR!

:lol 

you guys notice how chaos muffin kinda looks like john c mcginley? that used to crack me up.

19. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Scrubs moves to ABC

Saw this earlier tonight. Check it out for more info on the move and the reason the "finale" episode on NBC was shown out of order.

20. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

And House is produced by NBC and airs on Fox. Maybe they should trade? :p