Scrubs Finale (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by The Primes, May 7, 2009.

1. The Primes

The Primes Well-Known Member

As everyone who watches "Scrubs" knows, the finale (at least possible finale) aired today, and this topic will be about it. If you haven't seen it yet and don't want to know what happens, then you should leave now.

YOU ARE NOW ENTERING THE SPOILER SECTION

I thought this was a great finale. The first half was pretty good, but in a way it didn't feel like a finale to me. It felt more like a run-of-the-mill episode.

The second half, though, just blew me away.

The scene with Janitor was really nice, and I was suprised about how JD actually put the penny in there. The name fit, although there's still a bit of wiggle room about it really being his name.

The scene with Dr. Cox was really emotional but at the same time utterly hilarious, which is something that only "Scrubs" could pull off.

The clip scene at the end was amazing. I can't be any more specific. It was that good. JD's line at the end seemed to imply that these events would happen.

Overall a great end to a great series.

2. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V I protect those I care 4

very good, it was one of those endings that made me reminisce about the past seasons, and was just fitting for Scrubs. Really loved all the past characters at then end when J.D. is walking through the hall entrance.

Hooch Be Crazy...

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

In the UK here so I'm possibly years behind, but do JD and Elliot end up together? :( 

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yes.

Also, a really fantastic ending to the series. While it ties up running themes, it really allowed not only JD to move on, but everyone else to do the same. The montage at the end was incredibly well played and very heartfelt. Showing how JD hoped to see his future with Elliot, and how his friendships weren't going to end with him leaving Sacred Heart, yeah it was fantastic.

5. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    This. Loved the finale. Sad to see the series end.

6. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I am too, but feel there's no need for it to continue. To pull the series back from the brink like they did, to make it as good as this season was, and to end it as perfectly as they did. Yeah, it felt right and as much as I'll miss new stories with those characters, I think the show has clearly run its course, but in a good way.

7. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Also I loved how they used Red Hot Chili Pepper's Snow (Hey Oh) at the beginning. For some reason that song has always struck a chord with me. Maybe since it is a "slower" sounding song, but it just seems to put me at ease(a little weird a guess). Just seemed to fit the beginning perfectly.

8. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    The montage "future" clip at the end was spectacular. I was shocked to hear Peter Gabriel's "Book of Love" used. That was the song that we had our first dance to at our wedding reception. Just made the montage that much more effective for me.

9. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Yay, sounds awesome. I love me some Scrubs. I must have seen the first few seasons a dozen times and it never gets old.

10. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

That's pretty much word-for-word what I was going to say. Get out of my head!! :thumbs2: 

I knew they would have a nice moment with Janitor and that Cox would finally tell JD how he really feels about him, but enough can't be said about the future montage. I DVR'd it and watched it a few times. It was really touching and I thought it was hilariously perfect that JD's and Turk's kids would grow up and get together (although I found it somewhat odd that Carla and Elliott were left out of that scene).

11. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Now I wish I had watched it instead of reading the pre-comic to the Star Trek movie. Why does JD end up leaving Sacred Heart?

12. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    He was tired of missing out on his sons life, only having him for short periods of time. Living 37 minutes away (wich turns into longer if there is even a little traffic), meant it wasn't easy for him to see his son whenever he wished. So he moves into a place that is much closer. One day, when meeting Kim at the hospital where she works, to drop his son off, he meets their chief of medicine and hits it off. The chief there offers him the chief residency job at that hospital, which is also a pay raise for him. Since this hospital is very close to where he now lives, he takes the job. Elliot, not wanting to be too far away from JD, slowly, and without JD knowing, moves in with JD. But JD actually welcomes this change and embraces it.

As JD is leaving Sacred Heart fort he last time, he imagines all of the people from every season wishing him well. then as he steps outside, a montage of his future, shown like old 35mm home video. Him marrying Elliot, her getting pregnant, JD & Elliot celebrating Christmas with Turk & Carla and Perry & Jordon with all of their kids. Sam (JD's son) and Izabel (Turk's Daughter) getting engaged. But most of all it showed that Elliot and JD were finally truly happy together as a married couple and that even though he left, he would never lose touch with the people that mattered from cacred heart.

13. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

All hail Tivo....
    I loved the final montage it was so great.

Doc Cox admiting that JD was his friend was heartfelt and funny.

I liked it.

goodbye scrubs I now blow money on all dvd sets im missing

14. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    This episode capped off what I thought was their best written season. The finale did everything it was supposed to in superb fashion and really did end the series in the best possible way. I loved how everyone was in the hallway at the end and the final scene even gave Bill Lawrence a tiny little screen time (damn does his and Christa Miller (Jordan)'s son look a whole lot like Bill).

I thought the finale was fantastic and while I am sad to see them go... I watch 2-3 syndicated episodes most nights, I think going out like this was perfect. Those guys should be applauded for all they accomplished over the years and I for one know I can't wait to rewatch this last season on DVD.

What an awesome show.

15. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ilikedititwasgood. The ending was appropreate and moving and...yay! But we still don't know the Janitor's name, now do we? Glad Ted found someone. That has been my favorite part of the entire season.

But, I thought that the series was continuing even after this...not that I agree with that choice, but they did say something along the lines of "Zach Braff's last day" in the backstage montage. I heard that it was continuing only shifting focus to Turk. So I am completely confused right now.

EDIT: Nevermind. Rewatched it online. It is over. Twaz a very good ending in that case. Yay!

16. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Awesome ending to an awesome show.

17. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I have to admit that I really didn't get into this season, but that was one of the better finales I've ever seen. A truely proper ending IMO.

18. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

The janitor giving him a fake name that was awsome!

19. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

The Janitor most likely gave JD a fake name, but I like to think he told him the truth this time.

20. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm upset, I lost an episode because the Pres's speech ran almost 20 minutes over the alloted time slot. Sure, now I can watch them online, but sheesh.