Screwed over by the rents

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Harbinger[TG], May 1, 2007.

1. Harbinger[TG]

Harbinger[TG] Almost Toyless

A long time ago in a house far far away I had a lot of TF, probably 80% of everything before 89.
    I must have been about 15 or 16 when my collection was removed from my closet and given away to someone by my parents.

Fast forward to now...
    Biggest TF production ever and I have like 1 or 2 surviving G1 toys.

SO did anyone else get jacked up by their parents as a kid???

Thank the maker I still have my comic books.

2. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Most of mine survived. Although a MIB G1 Galvatron fell victim to my little step brothers when my dad remarried after I was out of the house. Soon after that, I got over there and took all my old stuff home with me.

3. Harbinger[TG]

I went to summer camp one year and returned to a missing Star Wars collection

4. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Nope! I got jacked up by my own stupidity. I sold my entire G1 collection (except for Jetfire & Whirl) thinking I was done. I've been kicking myself ever since as I slowly buy them all back one by one. I still can't believe I parted with them. I had Fort Max, I sold my ***** Fort Max! :drunk  AAAAAAARGH! STUPID STUPID STUPID! Luckily I like the colors on my Brave Max better.

5. y2jversion1

y2jversion1 Rent this space today!

Ebay:
    Nobody touches my toys. Even if they're broken they don't leave the house.

Thank goodness I never had that problem!

6. Harbinger[TG]

must not kill parents....

I do have a shit load of SW toys, spent 10 years rebuilding that

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, my dad was always trying to give away my stuff to a couple of my nephews when I was young. I was the youngest boy out of six kids -two boys, four girls- and the eldest girl had two boys that were only five years younger than me. So, my dad, thinking it was good grandparenting, was always telling me that I was "too big" for toys -mind you, I was 10 when this started getting bad- and that all my stuff should go to them. Thankfully, my mother divorced him two years later with a nice irish fist to the face! :lol 

8. Leemon

Leemon Yar, spare sum fuel mate?

News Credits:
    Ditto, kind of. I think my older brother sold all of mine.

9. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

My cousins ended up with my old MOTU and TMNT collections back in the day. DAMN parents. My TF collection though, remains intact.

10. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    What my parents didn't give away, my older brother smashed with a sledgehammer.

11. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    it has happened to me...was away on an exchange program and my mom gave a way all my tfs...it was a sad day filled with a lot of yelling....now the classics have rekindled my tf collecting spirit

12. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    My mom left my stuff alone. She knew who was in charge.

13. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Grandmother jacked my SW collection to the cousins cause she said I was too old for them at 15. So my mom made it up to me by replacing them with Tf's.

14. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Nope, my parents still have a lot of my old action figures like my old GI Joes and Thundercats and stuff like that. My mom's actually told me a few times that she's not throwing them out and is just holding on to that stuff till I get a place big enough that I can take it all back to store.

15. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Same here.... no one but my idiot kid self to blame. I went through a phase when I decided I was too grown-up for toys, and proceeded to sell them all off to my friends at ridiculously cheap prices. All the dinobots, most of the '84-'85 autobot cars, most of the Headmasters and Powermasters and Micromaster bases...... to say nothing of the G.I. Joe, Star Wars, and He-Man figures (not that I would really want the latter back). I even got rid of a lot of my videogames, and the systems that played them. Gahh!

Dumb kid.... how was I to know that I would suffer a quarter-life crisis in my twenties and start collecting toys again?

At least I had the foresight to not get rid of my Lego.... so SOME small remnant of my childhood collection remains.

16. GladiatorPrime

GladiatorPrime working on Rampage P2-V2

I sold my G1's at a yard sale when I was like 13....back before I understood the concept of "Collectors Value"!

A couple years ago....I had to sell my entire "Beast Wars" Collection, just to meet the rent! Now the guy I sold them to....I sold them to, with the understand that, when I got the money, I'd be allowed to buy certain pieces back! BUT when that time came....He wouldn't sell, and left town about a year ago!

17. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    My mom made the mistake a long time ago of giving all our Star Wars toys to my cousin (who subsequently destroyed every single piece) and then a few years later, Star Wars started making it's come back and my Mom realized the error of her ways and then kept all our other toys. Luckily this meant I still have all of our G1 TFs.

18. Nemesis91078

Nemesis91078 SAY cheeze!!!

Ebay:
    you know i think my day sold my entire go-bots/rocklords collection... my tmnt alien vs predator, other tfs still survive must go and retrieve

19. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any one ever reclaim their toys given away by parents?

My parents were good and never got rid of anything of mine. I still have it all. I took it all after college.

20. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Mom MOved upstate and I went to live with my Dad. She had Boxes of 80 toys, all the TF's GIJOE, and StarWars. I HAD everything, every peice, Gun. When I got older she told me my cousins got into the boxs. I only had 2 left..Lucky it was my surving TF's not the whole collection but a good amount. Dinobots, Predacons, Omega, Magnus. Now everynce in a while she feels bad and lefts me buy somthing and she pays for it. Like Fort Maxs, Areialbot Gistset. Shes real cool.

BUt somethings will never be same. I tool real good care of my stuff. The Joes are toast and SW are gone. Just the newer stuff I bought through the years.
    Mom is great non the less. My cousins are wack!