Screwed on Voyager Long Haul Release

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by squareball, Jul 17, 2009.

1. squareball

squareball Member

Screwed on Voyager Long Haul Release?

Ok, so last week I finally caved and ordered the Voyager Class Long Haul off of Ebay from China. It was pretty expensive, but I figured it was worth it considering it was being speculated to come out in October.

Now, just today, I find toywiz is doing pre-orders that will SHIP IN AUGUST. Does anyone else think Hasbro's communication of their product releases needs to change?

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    um......it is not hasbro's fault.......hasbro is doing a fine job, and really, there is no set release date for these figures, that is an estimated time they will show up in stores

3. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

ehh toywiz moves their dates back ALOT dont mind it.

4. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    sounds like you screwed yourself over. Remember that you need patience in this hobby or you will end up in the poorhouse...

5. squareball

squareball Member

Umm, I DID do research. Lots of it. I question why one has to scour the internet for a product release date that Hasbro should not only post on their site months in advance, but hype it up too.

6. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    you only screwed yourself man there released when there released be thankful this isnt Bandai

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    offical websites pretty much suck and are rarely up to date......and again, there is no official release date.....heck someone could find one at retail tomarrow, again, don't blame hasbro

8. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

im with this post. you pulled the trigger too soon, no one made you

9. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    As someone suggested already, unless they've done an about turn, i wouldn't take what Toywiz say as a guarantee of anything.

10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, going to have to say you screwed yourself. If you did bother to do your research you'd realize that Hasbro's release dates aren't so much release dates as they are saturation dates... meaning you may see them up to two or so months earlier than Hasbro suggests. Also, on top of that... just because an item starts getting sighted at retail doesn't mean you're going to see it before Hasbro's date because the stores near you may not receive said stock until they've sold out of their current stock. Also, seeing as you're stating a release date from an online retailer (a notoriously horrid online retailer as well when it comes to certain things)... you should also realize that just because an online retailer may get a product in so many months early doesn't mean you'll actually see brick and mortar stores stock it around the same time.

At the end of the day you have to remember that you are the one that chose to pay higher than retail prices for the item on eBay. Only you can control that and if you felt that it was worth it than... well, it should still be worth it now... just because online retailers are starting to say that Long Hauls will be arriving this month or next doesn't mean that you'll see it in brick and mortar stores anytime soon.

Edit: Just something else I thought I'd mention... it has been mentioned that TRU's website has actually recieved stock of Long Haul as early as a month ago and sold out of it very very quickly. Again... they're not release dates so much as saturation dates.

11. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    also BBTS has him labeled for mid this month...

12. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Seriously. I'm reading the topic title thinking I'm gonna read some horrible news about how Hasbro has plans to shortpack Long Haul and never release him again or something.

Siding with the populace here. You want a toy so bad/early you get it from China for however much instead of, say, waiting? That's cool, do what makes you happy. But don't be upset if things change or if release dates are a little off. I'd recommend stop playing the "GIMMENOW!" game and wait for it to arrive locally, then you can pay retail for it. Patience can be flipping awesome sometimes.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I don't see how this is anyone's fault but your own. Hasbro shouldn't HAVE to post their release dates. They make and sell toys for little kids. Little kids don't care about the technicals, just as long as they come out.

14. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    ^or that a few people got it from TRU.com weeks ago when it was in stock for a day. Guess you didn't do that much research. Have a little more patience with the hobby. It makes it more enjoyable. Don't blame Hasbro cause you needed to have it right now. Other than the initial line release, there is no official dates. Sure they could give an estimate, but if they gave an exact date, people would bitch that their store didn't have them on the release date.

15. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Ehh, ToyWiz has never been great with TFs and dates. Don't worry, that same message will be there in December. :/

16. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

Unless you live in the middle of nowhere with no Wal-Mart, Target, Zellers or TRU near you then there really isn't any reason to order anything offline. It'll come to your stores eventually. Hell, stores in my neck of the woods only STARTED getting in waves 4 and up of Universe last month! It took forever, but they finally came. Ebay is a double edged sword; you can 'buy it now', but it's gonna cost ya. Now you know better.

17. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

So Long Haul actually did appear in stock on TRU.com? I've seen the listing, especially during their first ROTF sale, but only out of stock and figured it might have only been a preemptive listing. That's cool then if some guys did get him that way.

There is nothing wrong with Hasbro's communication. They can only control a certain period of production and shipment. After it's in the hands of distribution centers, there's nothing they can do to guarantee an appearance on a store shelf in a timely fashion, or an appearance at all. I'm going to have to agree on the "your fault" comments as well, sorry.

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Never believe anything on those kinds of sites without a nice helping of salt pinches.

19. squareball

squareball Member

Wow. I don't know where all this "fault", "blaming" stuff came from. I am still perfectly content with getting the toy before saturation. I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same as me about the release/information process.

20. 1govnor1

1govnor1 Giggidy

I never believe the release dates. They can be changed/pushed back by a number of different reasons. I would suggest you wait until you see the toys start showing up at your town. But if you want it badly enought to order one from China, more power to ya.