Heavy/Scratch: Screw waiting: Dash Headstrong!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Treadshot A1, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/359383-sneak-peek-dash-razorclaw.html
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/360662-one-more-look-dash-rampage.html
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/363123-might-well-dash-tantrum.html

Dash Headstrong. One half of the Dash Preds' heavy artillery, Dash Headstrong will not stop. Though slow compared to his brothers, he makes up for it in pure bulk. Charging at maximum speed, gatling gun blazing, Headstrong doesn't care if he's shot you, rammed you or both. He's not above running over an Autobot carcass just to "make sure it's dead". Many an Autobot have chosen a similar fate, allowing themselves to be trampled, in exchange for avoiding his deadly horn, capable of sending an Autobot flying, often right into other Autobots. Worse yet, that doesn't stop Headstrong, no obstacle can. His immense bulk, combined with a relatively fast maximum charging speed, make it difficult even for him to stop. If he ever wanted to, that is.

[​IMG]

So, for Dash Headstrong, what i really wanted to do was create a very bulky, block torso, with small rear legs and comparatively huge forearms. In my mind, this Rhino uses it's forelegs for propulsion, teh rear legs act only to keep it from falling over. The head, as usual, is mounted on a set of Asoblocks joints, for maximum articulation (can look left, right, up and down). I also gave him the extra parts that came with the Zoids Evo Drive Dark Horn i cut up, a few extra details on his robot mode chest, for instance, and of course, the huge gatling gun on his back. The gun is not usable in robot mode unless he's shooting Jetfire, but meh, Predacons, to me, should be in their animal modes 99% of the time anyways. I added a little tail, which was really handy as the tail holds an Asoblock joint in it with no mods. I also added a lot of Milliput to this guy, filling in his chest (look carefully and you might even see the combiner port!) and, um, enlarging the crotch area to house the other combiner joint. Don't ask about the tail, it wasn't meant to end up there, it just did. And yes, the tail is articulated. Just don't ask. ;)  Um, yeah, that's all there is to it. I'll get a head designed for this guy sometime soon, which i'll glue to the Rhino head (so he'll have the "head under the rhino head" look of the original.

And yeah, let's see if you all (read: MP) can identify the combiner ports on this thing. I haven't seen it used much for combiners around here, but i find it very useful. Props to whoever can identify it!

*I know i said Rampage was the last i'd reveal, but screw waiting. Okay, yeah, this really is the last. Really. Seriously. Hopefully. Maybe. Am i trying to convince myself here?

Attached Files:

2. Kenjo_Cybertron

Kenjo_Cybertron Stalk him, tear him apart

this is a cool idea, i think he needs some tidying up sanding down etc.
    Also does he have a robot mode head?
    I like the idea and the colours work well

3. Treadshot A1

He's not done yet, obviously. Sanding and stuff comes soon, just didn't want to let to much slip. :) 

4. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thats already one hell of a Frank-en-bot but looks pretty good!

5. Kenjo_Cybertron

Kenjo_Cybertron Stalk him, tear him apart

Oh ok, didnt realise you still had more magic to work ;-)

6. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Jeez, Headstrong is an impressive behemoth.

7. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Niiice...

8. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

Interesting: So are all the Dash Predacons going to use Payload as a base?

9. Treadshot A1

Thanks! You guys don't even know the half of it.... :rolleyes2 

Yeah, guess i should've mentioned it was a WIP. I just thought the glue marks and milliput would've made it obvious. Though you won't see the finla product until everything's done. And i mean it this time. I think. ;) 

*Obviously someone hasn't seen Rampage...

And more precisely, 3 of the 5 will use Payload. Razorclaw does as you've all seen, but Rampage does not, instead going off of an RID Heavy Load base (still a dump truck...).

I'm not telling which of the remaining two uses Payload and which doesn't, though if you have half a brain you should be able to figure it out... Payload's kinda heavy for flight...