Customs: Screw Size help

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by project9, Dec 26, 2008.

1. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Does anyone know the size screws that 90% of the ones in TFs are? Like, they seem to fit in a 3/32" drill hole (sometimes a 5/64" hole).

I'm trying to find more screws (or longer ones, to be specific) but I don't know how screw sizing works - #6, #8, M2, M3... :confused: 

Thanks!

2. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Don't know about screw sizes and what not....but try and find or get yourself some junker TF's and save/get the screws from there....thats what I do...I got lots of them saved in a lil tupperware thingy.

3. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

That's what I've done so far. Have a ton salvaged from Unicron and Primus' parts but I have a need for longer ones. www.smallparts.com has a nice selection of ranging sizes but I'm not sure how these things are measured. Home Depot has jack and I'll probably try Lowe's and a local hardware store a few cities over to see what they might have.

4. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    A true Fastener/Nut and Bolt place will be able to hook you up with what you need.

Check to see if you have any Fastenal's or Acme Nut and Bolt places near you....or a store similar...they will be able to take care of you.

5. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Also hit up an RC hobby store, they may have the sizes you need. Also they may have some cool greeblies to add to your stock! I picked up some RC truck shock absorbers, thinking it would make cool Rumble piledrivers!

6. Darkov

Darkov Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've found that most of the screws used in TF's are 2x6mm. You can find them at RC hobby shops. Hope that helps.