Screentime for Optimus or other Autobots?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Black Oracle, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Optimus definitely had more chances to shine in ROTF, but a common complaint amongst us was that alot of the other Autobots were neglected in screentime and attention. So my question is: would you all rather have more screentime and attention devoted to the leader of the Autobots as was done in ROTF or would you be willing to sacrifice some of Prime's screentime to give chances for others Autobot characters to shine?

2. 1govnor1

1govnor1 Giggidy

How' bout more robot screentimes in general vs. less human screentime.

3. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

who cares, first movie it was all mainly autobots and not much deceptions. this time around there was more screen time for deceticons so i was happy with it. I also agree with what 1govnor1 said.

4. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I would like less robots next time so more screen time is devoted to them. A better plot would also be nice. And a better ending.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Probably wouldn't hurt to give some more screentime to the other bots.

6. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't mind the emphasis on Optimus so much, plus he is my fave so I would take all the screentime with him that I could get.

As much as I had zero problem with them, i would take some of the Twins screentime and give it to Ironhide, Ratchet and Sideswipe etc.

7. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Precisely this. I actually don't mind if we don't get MANY characters, but when the cool ones get shadowed by characters like Skids and Mudflap, it's annoying. And I don't think it's an issue of cutting Prime's screen time for other characters--they can always cut down on human scenes as well and keep Prime's stuff.

Finally, if we don't have something as ginormous as Devastator this next round, that's a lot of rendering time that can go towards other 'Bots. I hated that Jolt and Sideswipe had 2-3 scenes each. (on second viewing, I had forgotten that 'Swipe was in the forest aiding with the retreat. It was kinda nice to see it and go "Oh, that makes THREE quicky-fight scenes he was in," having to take what I could get)

8. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

optimus prime is the only redeeming feature of the autobots. if any thing have O prime taking role w/o it being cheesy

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

A little more robot on robot asskicking in the desert scene would have been nice, but for what we've got I thought we got an excelent amount of robot asskicking (although if we could have gotten a little more in the desert scene if the Pretender idea had been skipped, I'd be all over that since it was kinda pointless outside of getting Sam into the hand of Megatron and starting the chain of events for the forest battle)

Plus Starscream not only got more than two lines, his interaction with Megatron was straight-up G1 (plus the "STARSCREAM, I'M HOME!" line from Megatron was priceless):lol .

10. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    No, I thought it was great how Prime was portrayed in this one. He shined every second he was in.

Of course, I'm not one of those who complained.

11. BDbots72

BDbots72 Well-Known Member

I think prime's speeches and philisophical nature will always have to be a focus. But save the fighting for the fighters... ironhide, sideswipe, etc. Give prime the dialogue revealing major plot point and the glorious final battle... thats all he needs.

But i would definetly like to see ironhide and sideswipe shine in the next one, and perhaps a couple new ones. Besides that, just give ratchet some time to fix/build stuff and some cool lines and i'd be happy.

Also, they spent so much money in constructing devastator and IMO he was almost pointless, they could have got in 10 more minutes of other bots if devs wasnt there.

12. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

less Twins, more Sideswipe & Jolt. S'Swipe razor blades were cool.. Jolt didnt get to strut his electric whips..