Screenshots - Good resources?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by daMooseVS, Jan 28, 2007.

1. daMooseVS

daMooseVS Well-Known Member

I'm working on the second set of VS fantasy cards and I'm running into a handful of characters I need good shots for- most of what I have found thus far has been poo. Don't need uber high res, for the most part I've been using several shots from TransFans, but thats drying up for the characters of the Wave 2 lineup. Any resources in general would be of great help, or if anyone has something good of the following, be much obliged:

Cosmos - Alt mode
    Grapple - Alt mode
    Inferno - Robot & Alt
    Omega Supreme - Robot & Alt (Robot I have is grainy, Alt I would like a base image, have a Rocket image now)
    Red Alert - Alt mode
    Roadbuster, Whirl, Twintwist, Topspin - Anything, really
    Hook - Alt Mode
    Mixmaster - Robot
    Barrage, Chopshop, Ransack, Venom (The "Deluxe" Insecticons) - Again, anything
    Ramjet - Alt
    Shockwave - Alt
    Thrust - Alt

Finding some of these have been a bugger of a challenge. The 2nd wave never really hit the airwaves it seems :(  I'd like as many of the shots from the original G1 cartoon as possible, though I realize a few never showed up in the show, so anything but figure shots will suffice for them~

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    http://seibertron.com/cartoons/index.php

Roadbuster, Whirl, Topspin, Twintwist, and the Deluxe Insecticons were never in the cartoon. The first 4 were in the UK comics, I dont know if the insecticons were

3. Acadian Prime

Acadian Prime Well-Known Member

Do you have access to a copy of Dreamwave's MTMTE miniseries. It's got good images of both the alt and robot modes of all those characters you mentionned.

4. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

5. daMooseVS

Thanks for the hand guys ^_^
    Seiberton actually had what I needed. I started out using Unicron.com for my screencaps, and a few for Wave 2 still come from there, but for whatever reason that group is just...bad. Grainy, bad res, and those shots of Hook have what looks like VHS tracking glitches along the bottom.
    I've been able to find a few of the Dreamwave MTMTE shots, and will be using them at some point, just that for the first couple Waves I want to use G1 materials first. Dreamwave stuff, being that its its own storyline/world for the most part (with all the retconning going on, its almost neccesary for me to consider the two different otherwise I develop my own neurosis :p ) will have its own set(s).

Got what I needed though, its looking like a good set ^_^ 100+ cards for Wave 2 and some fun cards/mechanics involving the sub classes, which are explored for the first time with this set. That should be going up in about a week or so if anyone wants to check those out.

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    seibertron.com has hella lotta pictures.

7. daMooseVS

Oh yea ^_^ I imagine they'll keep me in shots untill I hit some of the comic books, but even still I think they have comic scans too ^_^