Screen Time

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by monosierra, May 17, 2007.

1. monosierra

monosierra Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has been discussed before ...

Seeing all the TFs on screen is very thrilling, even when the footage is a grainy 30 second clip. However, I do wonder if some TFs will be relegated to secondary characters. Take Ratchet for instance - does he have a set-piece to star in (except the melee tpwards the end)? I'm pretty sure Bumblebee has been made out to be the main TF - he gets the most screen time in the trailers and he's the closest to Sam Witwicky so .... but what of the others? At least Jazz has his own ad campaign now.

How do you figure the TFs will feature in the battle scenes? I'm confident of Bay as an action director - he did a great job choreographing mayhem in Pearl Harbor - but I do worry that the battles won't feature all the TFs prominently. I've got a nagging feeling we won't be seeing as much of Ratchet and perhaps Brawl in the film as the other TFs.

2. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

Yeah I think you're probably right concerning Ratchet in particular, I don't think we'll see much of him. He's not even playable in the upcoming movie videogames either.
    I really hope he at least has a cool scene of him repairing one of the other bots and at least gets some good lines. He was severely lacking in the old script.

3. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Mild spoilers

Ratchet had a good introduction in the old script but didn't really do much beyond that.

It seems that a few of the decepticons only exist to be part of certain "set pieces." For instance Bonecrusher is there purely for a kickass chase sequence (rollerblades!).

4. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Bumblebee and Prime are the only bots with any characterization, from every script I've seen, which seems to prove true trailer after trailer. Jazz and Ironhide have a few lines, and Jazz in particular has one "big" moment where we're supposed to care about him.

The decepticons, other than Megatron, have one or two lines, tops. Starscream may have 5 lines in total. They basically act as hired goons.

5. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't worry about the robot action sequences. There will be plenty! Bay has a reputation to live up to, and this movie is every action director's dream!

6. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's interesting that the very first leaked script (the one that ended about 2/3's of the way through, featuring Arcee and a school infiltration scene) seemed to have a bit more characterization for the Autobots than the second leaked script did. :( 

7. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

no matter who your favorite is, im sure there will be plenty to keep you amused.

8. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i just wonder why there has been no Brawl or Ratchet and almost no jazz in the trailers.

9. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

the thing that bugs me is that when they kids first see prime bumble bee is the new camaro so wouldn't that mean that we don't see prime to later on in the movie after BB'upgrades to the 08 camaro?

10. Poho

News Credits:
    spoilers.

we don't see prime until roughly 50 minutes into the movie. BB gets the camaro upgrade after the huge chase/fight scene with Barricade that happens like 40 minutes in i think. there's a lot of story buildup before the action starts. but once the action starts, it doesnt stop till the movie is over.

and remember, the movie is at least 2 hours long, so that's really not such a long wait.

11. monosierra

Watched the new trailer. Heart stopped for a moment. But I still haven't seen Jazz, Brawl or Ratchet! Argh.

12. Poho

News Credits:
    jazz is visible for about 1.5 seconds. megatron stomps on him when he lands on that building, and you can see him flying through the air right before that.

13. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

Thanks, I can't wait to see it now.

14. monosierra

Poor Jazz.

I wonder what Brawl does? He's a double-turret Abrams right? Hope he gets to blast some stuff!