Screen Battles (First Encounter) Barricade's Frenzy won't come out

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    I guess Hasbro figured no one would want two Frenzies in the same set, so they decided to keep the one sealed in Barricade's chest since there's already the little figurine. Still seems strange though. But, I'm sure people who really want him out will find a way to free Nemesis Frenzy!

2. Nocturn

Nocturn Doesn't really use TFW

Movie Barricade: $10
    Screen Battles First Encounter: Too Much
    Hasbro F***ing up or the Umpteenth time, with doznes of responses from overgrown kids on a website devoted espescially to them: Priceless

That's just Hasbro For you.

"Why do kids need a poseable figure that can interact like they did in the film? Just give 'em another useless figurine and get it over with!"

"But sir, the good frenzy is gang molded in!"

"...Shut it in."

Calling something Screen battles and removing likeness to what was actually on the screen FTW Hasbro.

3. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

So, is there any way to get Frenzy out? Is there even a frenzy in there to begin with? Or is it just a solid piece? According to that short packed comic, it seems like you can get it out somehow. I was looking foward to getting another Barricade and purposely skipped buying the single carded versions because I knew this was coming out. :confused: 

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    There is a Frenzy in there that is cast entirely in black plastic, unpainted, supposedly stuck permanently by an extra piece of plastic.

Apparently you can still remove Frenzy using a screwdriver, lots of wiggling and even more care to not brake anything.

5. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks. I saw this battle pack tonight and I am still debating on whether or not it is worth the twenty dollars. Having a stuck Frenzy in Barricades chest just helps push me into the "no" camp.

6. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    lol That's awesome. "Destroy the usurper" :lol 

7. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    If you click on Nevermore's link on the very first post, you can see a pic of Frenzy and the piece of plastic that holds Frenzy in. You have to remove the 4 screws on the bottom of Barricade. There are 2 pins that will not allow you to easily remove it from the top part. You have to be really careful trying to wiggle the piece out or you can snap the plastic.

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Other than the "frenzy behind bars" mod, is Barricade in any other way different than the single carded release?

9. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Other than the black Frenzy and the mod to keep him in I don't seen anything different about Barricade but I don't have my original out to look at.

Also like everyone else has said be careful when removing Frenzy. The plastic piece keeping Frenzy in is a pain in the ass to remove because you need to slide it between the very small gap that you make by removing the screws and you have to pull it up a little to get it to that gap. While I was taking my Frenzy out I pulled part of the pin holding the left arm out and didn't notice until putting it back together. It wasn't a really big problem but if you put to much force into this project and try to hurry you can easily break something.

10. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    UPDATE:

http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41086&st=40&start=40

According to Jordan, the Japanese version of the Screen Battles First Encounter set is different from the Hasbro version insofar as the Frenzy mini-figure is cast in grey and easily removable. Essentially, Japanese Screen Battles Barricade is identical to the single release, unlike the Hasbro version.

11. butz

butz slippery when wet

Eh, I already have 2 regular Barricades, and would only be getting the screen battles set for the figurines (yes, bastard Hasbro, screwing us over with those damned figuinres again! :confused2 ) so I'll be getting the Hasbro version (soon as I have some money, that is).

12. prowl007

prowl007 Axisjump

So, that frenzy is still in barricade? I just got this screen battles thing a while ago, But havent opened it yet. Dunno if I should open it because I see those models inside especially the frenzy one loosing some of its limbs.

13. ARC_A-98

ARC_A-98 New Member

Hey guys. First of all i'd like to say hi. I'm new and this is my first post. I just bought the "First Encounter" set and was quite unamused with the entombed Frenzy. Luckily however its pretty simple to fix. Just unscrew the four bottom screws, lift off the bottom plate which may or may not lift the pins for the arms. Just lift Frenzy out, unfurl him and remove the little plastic strip of oppression and replace the bottom plate and screws. Frenzy should now go in and out just like the regular one. Sorry if this was too obvious but i thought it should just be said.

14. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

Hmm...is this possible?

All Deluxe Barricade models have the piece of plastic that keeps Frenzy in place as part of the mold.

Before the figure is released to shelves, this plastic is cut away at the factory.

For this set, the cutting step was omitted.

15. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I was wondering about this, mystery solved!

Now...do I buy him to add to the Frenzy collection or not...
    DN

16. ARC_A-98

ARC_A-98 New Member

Do you mean that the piece of plastic is attached to Frenzy or not? It appears to be a molded separate piece that rests between Frenzy's folded up body and legs, just behind his head. When you remove the bottom plate and you remove Frenzy, the piece is loose and does not appear to be attached in any way.

Here are some pictures i took of my frenzy after removing the bottom plate from barricade.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/InquisitorAus/Transformers/frenzy1.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/InquisitorAus/Transformers/frenzy2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/InquisitorAus/Transformers/frenzy3.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/InquisitorAus/Transformers/frenzy4.jpg