Heavy/Scratch: Scratchbuilt BM Megatron complete

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by -DeadEnd-, Sep 22, 2008.

1. -DeadEnd-

-DeadEnd- Active Member

Ebay:
    EDIT: finally got round to finishing this guy, I painted him in night blue,
    drybrushed him with silver and added some custom labels to his chest.
    tell me what you think !

Beast Machines has always been one of my favourites, and when I saw the toy version of Megatron, like all the toys for the show: I was dissapointed.so I made my own, the only downside is that he doesn't transform. However I think he looks a lot more like the show version.(When I get a spare Megatron figure I will repaint him which may help improve the original) He needs a few more pieces adding and then I need to get some paint too. The whole thing was made from styrene apart from the head and arms which were from a TM Megatron with resculpted hands. This is the first scratchbuild I have almost finished,
    tell me what you think !

Attached Files:

2. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    Head and arms look spot on, but I don't think styrene for the cloak is necessary. I think some blueish cloth glued to the inside of the collar would work better for you. Just my two cents, though. Keep up the good work.

- Alty

3. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

A small point off for not transforming,but since he tried not to transform in the toon it doesnt matter much.
    I'd use a Megabolt head for it but that bee-otch is tough to find! Looking nice,can't wait to see it painted up,why styrene for the flaps though? why not rubber,or cloth?

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    We've need this project done for YEARS. I was so disappointed with the original toy that I sold it. I always thought that the BM Megatron was really cool. I can't wait to see what you end up with this project here.

:thumb 

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

holy crap

6. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    BM MEgatron!
    Wow! i have him lol hes actully on my shelf lol i wish he could look like yours soo far its lookin AWSOME!!!! Cant wait to see it complete:D 

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Looking pretty good so far, although as others have said, the 'cloak' looks off - it's far too boxy. I disagree with them that you should use rubber or cloth, but I do think you should go for a more curved shape; try heating the styrene (either in hot water or with a hairdryer), and wrap it round a former till it cools.

8. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

Pretty cool, but I think you coulad make it cooler if it were an entire suit fot the Transmetal 2 Dragon Megatron. That would be epic! I can't wait to see this painted! :thumbs2:  I might do something similar to this with my junker.

9. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you should have just left the Megatron head as is and built a helmet that fits over it

looking sweet nonetheless