Minor/Repaint: scratch built laserbeak

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by anovasinn, Apr 16, 2008.

1. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

well i call it scratch built because all the pieces had to be modified and the way i fit the pieces together they were not meant to go that way.
    i have no idea what figure these pieces came from all i know is i think they are power rangers. i bought a grab bag of stuff from good will that had some newer voltron stuff in it and these pieces were in it.
    the jet parts came frome a mig 29 fulcrum 1/72 scale iraque fighter and the rudder fins came from some energon jet i have been scraping from for awhile now.
    it was funny how this came about i dumped all my parts out looking for that special piece that would fit on another project i am working on and i started seing laserbeak rise from the pile of parts so to say. the paint is almost done and i still need to build some laser cannons. i also need to build some legs for him. i am trying to just let it happen rather than force it.
    i know there is not much love for non transforming customs ,but i thought it may be liked anyways plus the wings do fold under so if i ever build a soundwave large enough i may be able to stow him inside also the long pieces are removable as well so he dose compact down rather well. his head is well articulated and his jaw opens and closes.
    i have plans for a buzzsaw as well from a compleatly different set of wings the comunity will probably appreciate him much better because of the inhanced articulation that one will have the only parts the two will probably share are the fulcrum parts because they work so well.

a funny thing my friend said about the picture where it looks like he is chasing the g1 laser beak, he said it looks like the og laserbeak is gonna sh!* himself lol :D 

[ATT]4712[/ATT]
    [ATT]4713[/ATT]
    [ATT]4714[/ATT]
    [ATT]4715[/ATT]
    [ATT]4716[/ATT]
    [ATT]4717[/ATT]
    [ATT]4718[/ATT]
    [ATT]4719[/ATT]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Fixed your post so the images show up.

3. anovasinn

thanks man

4. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Whoa, Laserbeak grew up!! Like it.

5. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Damn! Laserbeak a big mutha. Well almost the size of swoop, maybe. But damn, he big.

6. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Red is messy, but it is till a bad a$$ looking LaserBeak.

7. anovasinn

paints not really messy sh!*y pics and no top coat yet. never mind i guess it is "messy" this was the second go at it i was trying to force a type of finish. i wanted a jewel like aspect on the red parts i am usally pretty good at that but instead of using silver under transparent red i tryed white. well that does not work well unless you want ornage so you are looking at 10 + coats to get it red. it does not look to bad until you magnify it like with the pictures. i think i am going to just go back over all the red with a basic bright red i will post new pics and a video when i am done

8. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

Wow,looks awesome,like a movie ┬┤beaky or something.

9. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Thats fantastic. really well done

10. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

That's pretty darned cool, especially considering it's just patched together from spare parts.

It's Buzzsaw I'm really looking forward too, though... ;)