Scraped ROTF Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TfAnimatedfan, Jun 5, 2009.

1. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    Look at these photos of Demolishor(I transformed him into a "fan mode" of sorts)
    [​IMG]
    The two things at the top look like possible connection points for a head

[​IMG]
    Notice (going from left to right)the smaller peg, the joint in the middle, and the hole all seem like points where an arm could plug in.

[​IMG]
    And last the treads which could have somehow held legs.

Is it possible hasbro scrapped this in an attempt to get us to buy Supreme Devs set which actually combines but doesen't have individual robot modes, the seperate figures who don't combine but have robot modes, and Tinystator who does everything ?

2. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Aren't all of those points used in the transformation?

The pegs on either side of the arm joint are used to connect to the tread piece for the transformation if I remember correctly. The points where you are saying it could connect to a head are used to hold the treads in robot mode...

I'm not saying that's its not possible that they could be used or were intended to be used for a combination mode...but I believe Hasbro said (at Botcon) the Constructicons were designed solely to have awesome singular bot modes, without the thought of combination.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    you're really reaching. everything you pointed out is used for transformation. none of the constructicons released so far feature any mysterious pegs or whatever.

4. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

looking at it, nope. combiner mode and robot modes are too dissimiliar to combine in the fashion your suggesting.

5. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    I do realize that all the pegs are used in transformation it just struck me as wierd how everything seemed to line up in the right place. The arm connection points are farther forward than the leg connection points which puts them in the correct place for Devastator's hunched over gorrila like posture.

6. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm not trying to discredit you, but your looking for what you want to find. Just like people trying to put the roswell puzzle together. All the pegs you have mentioned are used in transformation.