Scramble City, version 2

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Black Bumblebee, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Black Bumblebee

Black Bumblebee Active Member

Hello all,

Thought I'd pop by and let you all know that there's a new version of the Japanese only episode Scramble City dubbed into English over at tfcog.com. What's "new" about it is that additional footage has been added to it to expand the story from 14 minutes to a full 22 minute episode. The additional footage and dialog serve as a more "complete" bridge between G1 season 2 and the movie.

I thought it was great, but since I've got a small cameo in there (Groove), I'm also a bit biased :) 

2. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Thanx. That was the first time I've seen Scramble city. For the most part, the voices were very good, I thought whoever did Starscream nailed it, and Soundwave sounded pretty authentic too.

3. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just dled and watched it... gotta say, the voices were great, and without stepping on any toes you masterfully created that 'missing link' between Season 2 and the Movie... as a G1 purist and die-hard, I salute you, and thank you!

4. Black Bumblebee

Black Bumblebee Active Member

Well, I can't take too much credit for this one. The full extent of my involvement was to say "Full speed ahead!" The real folks to cheer are Peter Tagstrom who created the original adaptation of Scramble City and Gabriel Jean who re-adapted it with the extra footage.

5. Tober

Tober Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was actually quite enjoyable. :D 

The voices of the Decepticons were really good, especially Megatron and Starscream. The Autobots needed more processing I thought - but overall still great for a community project.

Thanks to all involved!

6. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Thanks for the info, downloading now :thumb 
    Any version of Scramble city is better than the horrible version on the UK movie dvd

7. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Five replies, and no one has said we suck, yet. I am disappointed.

8. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just watched it and thought it turned out very well. Even though the additional footage was pulled from several different sources (HM, G1 season 3, rebirth), it flowed very well and set up for the movie quite nicely.

I'm proud I was able to be a part of this. Though my parts were small it was fun.

9. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

watching now....

Looks good so far

Though the autobot symbol changing to deception etc would have even cooler as the original... and a bit to much narrator at the start... but in no way does that detract from how awesome it is ...

Some of the voices and additional animation are spot on!

Excellent link to the movie - would have loved to see this as the end of the second season.

10. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    i watched it really well done for a fan sub and the guy that did optimus sounded like the guy from the you tube vid optimus's rude awakening.

11. XSilverboltX

XSilverboltX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    As "the guy who did Optimus", I'll say thank you. I usually voice him in French fandub projects, this was my first time in English and I gave it my best shot.

Thanks for all the comments everyone, that extra material at the end took a good two months to put together in as good a flow as possible, and needed a lot of work on the scripting part since there's a lot of footage that could have fit in there.

Daniel Ross' Starscream is indeed excellent, seeing as he's voiced him on the Movie's video game, it would have been hard for him to miss the spot, and Frank Todaro's Megatron is quite the part. These two characters have voice processing from the widely known (at least in the TF Community) Giba Grimbot, and a lot of thanks go to him for his involvement in this project.

Thanks for your comments, and just so you all know, there is now a new, remixed version available from TFCog, with better sound balancing and levelling.

Thank you all!

~Gabriel Jean

12. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Moved to TF discussion. The video forum is only for posting and discussing videos. Since this thread has no video it does not belong there.

13. shockwave_store

shockwave_store DECEPTICON BADASS

just wondering, what player do you use to watch this. i have tried media player, real player, but they wont work. those are the only players that the com allows me to play. on media player, i can hear the sound, but no picture. please help me figure this out.

14. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
  15. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    That's what I would of said as well, update your codecs. If you can't play it then you're probably pretty outta date.

I enjoyed taking part in this as Cliffjumper and Breakdown. Though they weren't much, and I don't have a Casey Casin voice, Cliffjumper was a good role to do.

Frank's Megatron was so much better than the original dub, and I always get a kick outta hearing good ol' Daniel playing Starscream.

I probably watch this four times a week when I get home from work after a long hard day.

16. New Brandon

New Brandon Fan Dub Guy

First, I was just alerted to this thread's existance, so excuse the late slip.

And secondly, thanks for all of the kind words! I was very proud of how this came out, especially considering the timeframe we managed to pull it off in. For anyone interested, we have a remixed edition online now at TFCog.com.

17. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I liked some of the original voices better, also in the original many had that classic g1 metallic effect to the voices, too bad you can't mix the best of both voices.