Scramble City on DVD

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by War Bearer, Nov 5, 2006.

1. War Bearer

War Bearer Banned

I would love to know why I only hear commentaries on this OVA rather than the sounds from the show?

2. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They couldn't get the rights to the original music or Japanese voice acting.

3. War Bearer

War Bearer Banned

They could have used different music, sound and voice but then again it would cost alot of money

4. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They were interested in presenting it, in some form or fashion to an American audience. Since unless you were on the fanboards, you would probably be oblivious to the existance of Scramble City.

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

actually I knew about scramble city way before I knew about geeky chat forums.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Japanese anime is licensed in two parts, audio and visual. Ever wonder why the Dragonball Z DVDs never had a subbed Japanese track or the original BGM? They only licensed the animation. Same goes for Scramble City. You can pretty much work out the dialogue from the scenes, anyway. It's not exactly groundbreaking.

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, kind of "sucks" that Japanese anime is licensed in 2 parts...does that work for Japanese movies also? Example, Godzilla movies? Reason I'm asking is because I'm interested in some of the movies but er, the English dubbing is TERRIBLE! LOL!

8. War Bearer

War Bearer Banned

And besides the picture quality is poor on Scramble City

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's ashame that they probably have no plans of ever doing an actual american dub of Scramble City. It's not like it'd be that hard for them if they use the modern set of VAs. Still, they probably didn't have the time to do it for this DVD release. Who knows, maybe later.

Yes. It's the same, however, with the recent movies the DVDs have both the English dub and the Japanese Sub on it. However, anything pre-Tristar (IE: anything released before the mid 90's state side) isn't going to have the Japanese sub. Besides, the Japanese isn't that much better as (and keep in mind I'm a HUGE Godzilla fan when I say this) most Godzilla films are B flicks at best. Only the last couple to come out haven't been really...