Scramble city combiner

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Aug 4, 2011.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

Hello ,I have a question ,can Motormaster form Menasor with Combaticons Blast Off,Brawn ,Swindle and Vortex as leg and arm if he Stunticons member capture by Autobot ,I ask this question after I watching Scramble City where Dead End was attaches as Superion leg stopping Fireflight from forming Superion leg,do you think this can happen to any of Scramble city combiner ?

I think it will be more fun if this can happen ,do you agree with me? Thanks.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I imagine the combination would fail if a non group member attempted to combine with the rest of a group. So, the answer would be no. Bruticus, for instance, can only be formed from the five Combaticons and nobody else.

Sure, Dead End attached himself to Superion's leg socket and prevented Fireflight from interfacing. But that doesn't mean that Superior could use Dead End as a leg.

3. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, that's not quite true, but it highly depends on which continuity you're looking at this through. In the US cartoon, i don't think there ever was an instance of different combiner groups merging with another group. I believe in the US comic world, there were explanations given that each combiner merges the personalities of their respective members in different ways, so that, in essence, the different groups are incompatible with other groups. Sort of like running mac software on a PC. Sure you can load the disc in there, but its not going to run.

Now, in the Japanese world, I believe they're all fully capable of group-swapping. I have the japanese Abominus giftset, and in the poster that comes with it, they show all of the combiners mixed and matched, implying that yes, members of different squads can combine with another squad, which was also the point/shown in Scramble City.

4. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And also, in response to Nachtsider, I think Superion COULD use dead end as a limb. However, since Dead end was on the opposing side, he was combining with superion in order to hurt him. In a hypothetical situation where both factions would be aligned against a common foe, I don't see why dead end wouldn't work. This is of course, Scramble City continuity.

5. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Motorhead9999 is so right it hurts:

Scramble 7 - Transformers Wiki

Though this also illlustrates that if you combine with out-group members your Gestalt identity also changes. So you're not "Bruticus" anymore, now you're "Abomenaticus" or whatever.

Also, I LOVE Scramble Power!!!

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

[​IMG]

7. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

The Japanese exclusive 'Scramble City' episode also has one of the Stunticons merging onto Superion when one of the Aerialbots split off to do something.

The effect wasn't good for Superion, he was basically paralyzed.

8. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    i definately think they could merge with any team member. gestaltics works in that the 5 minds of the linked bots work in unison with each other which is why so many G1 gestalts are slow thinking and kinda dumb acting. the constructicons, individually are rather smart, however as devastator they seem rather "slow minded" this is prolly due to 6 minds deligating to make 1 command. albeit not a scramble city combiner.

as for SCCs themselves, they seemed more quickwitted, perhaps due to 1 less brain, however it could also be, due to nature of their combination that they have better networking capabilites. since an arm could be a leg, a leg an arm, it would definately stand to reason their connections were better due to fact each limb can be either/or.

as for member swapping, i do believe they definately could do so! but more so the autobots than the cons. why? the autobots function better as a team and are more likely to put aside personal differances to succede and draw on the "outsiders" exp to win. the 'cons would look down on the outside, and vote against his ideas thusly slowing down the overall performance of the gestalt.

if we look at predaking, they used animals who all obeyed 1 leader. a pack mentality. this made predaking seemingly stronger, since i can assume they all just plain agreed with razorclaw unanimously. later we have the cause of god neptune/king posedien. his limbs were more or less drone like while turtler had the brain. however, while again not a SCC, lio kaiser, the final g1 gestalt. they all followed leozack*, they reconized him as leader of the brestforce. they had a strong team bond* and as liokaiser, they were very near impossible to defeat.

*okay sure hellbat DID backstab leozack often enough ... BUT! to his face they were best of friends, and gaihawk did have some hold over hellbat, or some good blackmail at least.