Scouts or Cyberverse?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Aug 9, 2012.

?

Which do you like better?

1. Scouts

82 vote(s)
    74.5%
  2. Cyberverse

28 vote(s)
    25.5%
  1. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I said in package, Friend. Knock out looks almost the same size as Windcharger if he were packaged in Alt mode.

I just think it would be hard for H to market scouts now with the smaller size of Deluxes. Scouts were bigger than commanders, a bit smaller than deluxes..

That said, thinking about it more, I probably would prefer scouts if the enginnering was going the way it was with them. Ransack, Reverb, Breacher, Sunspot..SO great

2. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    As individual toys, I greatly prefer Basics/Scouts. Cyberverses are great for what they are, but Scouts are just plain great. Articulation, transformation, and aesthetics are in the Goldilocks zone: not too much, not too little. RotF Scouts furthered the awesomeness when they picked unique and fun alt modes; biplanes, forklifts, vintage cars, and even a TOASTER.

However, Cyberverse has a distinct advantage with play-value and using on-screen characters (with the added bonus of a sense of scale). As they only take a few seconds to pose (including transforming them), and since having on-screen representation invites all sorts of scene recreations, they are incredibly tempting to fiddle with.

Of course, I love them both. Scouts are probably my absolute favorite size class while Cyberverse are immediately behind them.

3. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Scouts!
    Damn I hate that they cancelled that blue repaint of the bi-plane :( 
    I need to have all four new redecos coming out of the scouts.

I do enjoy the Cyberverse Commanders though, pretty cool, but got nothing on the ROTF and HFTD scouts or on Cybertron Armorhide for that matter, god I love that mold! I have all three versions.

Cyberverse legion don't do it for me at all though. I have Cliffjumper, he is neat due to great articulation (which I appriciate), might pick up Arcee so he isn't so lonely and because girl-bots are few and far between, may pick up the CJ repaint because the mold is good for the size.
    I hope that wont wake the slumbering completionist in me, since the legions dont do it for me.

4. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Scouts all the way. I just wish all the deluxe cars were remade as Scouts so they would fit in with my G1 Diaclones, G2 Laser Rods and Stormtroopers.

In common with an earlier poster, I do think it's a pity we never got a Scout version of Movie Bumblebee. Strange considering he was released in every other size class.

I'd love Scout versions of Movie Getaway, Botcon Nightbeat, Classics Sunstreaker, any Stunticon car, Armada Sideswipe, Energon Prowl and Botcon Streetwise.

5. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Scouts seem to be a thing of the past, sturdier and HasTak could invest on some fun original characters. I miss them. I like Cyberverse Commanders for completely different reason; I appreciate how show accurate they can be despite the smaller size.

Legions/Legends are again different stuff. For them it's always "gotta catch them all" :redface2: 

6. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    I preferred Scouts, because they were mostly original characters. I'm not a fan of buying the same character from the same series in the same vehicle mode at different price points. I own a few cyberverse, and some legions/legends, but mostly i'm just waiting on the larger versions of Prime characters.

7. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Cyberverse Commander figures definitely offer a lot of TF in a small package. Most of them are very cleverly engineered and in some cases they even look just as good if not better (or more screen accurate) than their larger Deluxe/Voyager counterparts. I do have a few Scouts and while they're neat (Windcharger, Breacher, PCCs) they often don't quite fit the scale of the bigger figures. Commander figures go with Legeions/Legends, and look all the better for it. DOTM Hatchet is amazing (I own three of him), and the TFP figures in the Cyberverse line are pretty nice too.

8. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Scouts were better figures. That said, I like that Cyberverse figures are smaller versions of the larger characters. I tend to like them better.

... then again, the Scout line gave us a WWI fighter, a toaster, a kickass update to Laserbeak (Booster X10), and... well, pretty much every figure that I still play with from Cybertron and the first two movies.

9. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Cyberverse because they (as of the Prime Line) always come with some sort of weapon, albeit some of them are very odd.

10. Flexx Ark

Flexx Ark Original Cyberverse - Yes! New - Meh......

News Credits:
    Prime Cyberverse captures so much in a small mold. I quit collecting Transformers for years and they brought me back.