Scout-sized Bumblebee, Barricade, Jazz, etc?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NothingHead, Aug 2, 2011.

?

Would you like to see sedan- and sportscar-sized characters like Sideswipe as Scouts?

1. Yes! I'd totally buy them

25 vote(s)
    53.2%
  2. No! It's completely unnecessary

12 vote(s)
    25.5%
  3. Maybe! I can't make command decisions

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
  1. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

So with the advent of DOTM, we've seen the overall size of our toys shrink quite a bit. Generally, I don't really mind; it allows Leader-class decepticons like Starscream and Brawl to be appropriately huge.

We've also seen some of the best interpretations of some characters appear in smaller scales: Deluxe Ironhide is easily the most accurately-proportioned version of the character available, and both HFTD and DOTM Ratchet are far superior to the clunky old Voyager. Also, with their appearance in a larger scale still going unannounced after two major conventions, the Voyager Shockwave and Megatron that are circulating now may be the best we'll be getting.

The Scout class is typically the repository for the vast majority of non-canonical, toy-only characters. I think that, based upon the strength of the scaled-down toys that I've already mentioned, that it would rock to start geting some of the car-'bots in Scout size: Bumblebee, Mirage, Sideswipe, Jolt, etc. could all receive Scout-class toys that would put them in relative scale to Voyager characters like Prime and Shockwave.

What do you guys think? Honestly it seems a bit silly that even Bumblebee hasn't seen a Scout-sized figure yet. He's appeared in every other size, even the ludicrously-inappropriate Leader class (twice!). I think it's time. How about you?

2. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    ya i've always wanted a smaller bee to fit in with my HFTD voy prime and deluxe ratchet\ironhide...maybe after DOTM toys are done the new line of movie style toys will hopefully present some cool new scales of characters -

3. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With everything being smaller that would be perfect.

4. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    Yes please! I already have HftD Voyager Prime, Deluxe Ironhide, and Deluxe Ratchet. A scout-sized Bumblebee and Sideswipe would be perfect!

5. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

I would love to see scout class versions of all of the movieverse car guys.

6. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I'd buy some of them, especially if the engineering was as amazing as it was on the HftD/RTS Scouts and Cyberverse Commanders.

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Maybe!

8. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    definitely. I'd love to have all the autobots with scaled vehicles

9. AMG

AMG Old School

I'd buy some of them.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I get the feeling Hasbro would prefer people bought those characters in the Deluxe size. Giving people the choice between such close size classes and price people would likely go for the cheaper option (Legends/Legion is a whole other thing) so Hasbro take that choice away and make the pick for them, which is the slightly costlier Deluxe. They've somewhat compromised with the Cyberverse Commanders though, but still kept them small enough that most kids would probably prefer the Deluxe if given the choice. That may sound like I'm contradicting what I just said about people wanting smaller cheaper one if offered between Scout and Deluxe of a specific character but I think there's some kind of delicate size marketing balancing act going on with those classes so they're separate enough in scale that people will buy more. But this is all just my own conjecture.
    Heh - that all made perfect sense in my head. Harder to get across in written words though.

Anyway, personally I've always kinda wanted to see Bumblebee, Barricade, Jazz, whatever in Scout size.

11. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Once they stop with this MechTech stuff, you'll see the general toy size go back up. Remember, toys are made and classed by plastic weight, not overall size. And those MechTech weapons take up a good chunk of plastic. Plastic that's taken away from the figure design.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Actually yeah i'd go with this.

Do i need to waste money with more when i could have it all for much less.

13. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    I'd totally buy them. And then I'd have to buy HftD Deluxe Ironhide (who is surprisingly cheap on the aftermarket) and DotM Ratchet.