Customs: Scout Size Predaking: An Open Invitation (of sorts)

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Treadshot A1, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Anti-Venom and I had an idea: Let's build a Predaking. Simple, right? Well, not quite. None of us really have the money or the time to build a tall-as-a-child custom Predaking, so we're both going for Scout size and lower builds. But two costoms is boring...

...So we figured, "why not get other Radicons to join us?". Well, here we are. We want as many people to join us in creating as many Scout size Predakings as possible. I should probably explain what that entails. Basically, build a Predaking, any version, any continuity, there's no limits aside from the fact it must be Predaking. So Cybertronian, Shattered Glass, anything and everything is fair game. The only catch is that all component bots are under scout size (not Predaking himself. If he was, he'd be eye-level to Huffer, which is good for a few laughs, but making a combiner at that scale would be a nightmare). I know SQ7 hates rules like this, but i doubt anyone has the time or the money to build anything bigger, so this is more of a 'common sense' thing than an actual rule.

That is all there is to it. There are no other limits. Join us at your leisure, if you do, post in this thread, so we know. The idea is that while this is NOT a contest, if you all can flood the first page of Radicons Customs with Predaking builds, i will be a happy Radicon. ;)  :lol 

There's no set deadline yet, there might be there might not be. That's for Venom to decide.

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I'm interested, but I'd rather work with a deluxe size to be honest.

3. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I'm in, been wanting to build a Predaking for a while, and Scout one sounds like a ton of fun too.

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I'm hoping the due date isn't until the spring. I've got other stuff that I'm working on, not to mention planning out my entry for the S70 Gobot contest.

5. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Make it even more interesting....scout size of all the g1 gestalts :) 

I'd try predaking but I wouldn't know where to start but a devy or stunticons would be cool to try.

6. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    Oh come one now Fishdirt, don't think like that, you never know unless you try, ya know? You say you don't know where to start, just start by looking at reference pictures, that's a great start right there. Everything will come to ya after that.

7. Treadshot A1

Satomi, I'd love to help you, but technically there are no "rules", so I can't allow/disallow you from using a deluxe. Just keep in mind this is supposed to be relatively affordable for everyone involved, so we mainly just want to keep customs within a reasonable scale.

Due date can be...um, when's spring in your part of the world? I was thinking due in March...

Fishdirt, we all know Predaking is more awesome. If you think Menasor would be easier, or Devs, why not make the Predacons construction vehicles or sports cars? Oh wait, don't do cnstruction vehicles, I'm already halfway through using that idea, don't steal it. ;) 

Overhaulimus, make us proud. Or, at least, make us a Predaking. Either way, have fun... :) 

8. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    Oh I'm gonna make Preddy proud, and hopefully impress alot of people with my idea for my Scout based Predaking.

9. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

Oh yea this shall be a ton of fun.

Yea well Ill try to have mine completed before April.

I think I have picked out 2 of the molds I am going to use, but Im not sure if its going to work well. I just have to wait till I receive my figs and parts to see if it will work.

10. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    I've got a pretty good idea on which figures I plan on using.

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    The world certainly needs more Predakings, that's for sure :) 

Go for it :thumb 

No due date. I think what will be useful for people is when those of you set out to make your customs, sharing as much as you can while you make it will rock. You know, pretty much like any other custom :) 

Just the already established Forum rules that everyone follows :wink: 

12. Treadshot A1

The may be no due date, but do please post it the moment you finish your custom. We don't really want to wait now do we? ;) 

Oh, and for the record, I won't be able to start until mid-January either, so take your time.

13. Anti-Venom

Same, I wont be able to work on this till mid January- Early Feb.

14. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    I'm about to start working on mine, I grabbed 2 of the figures that I need, I'm very excited over this.

15. megatronatlas

megatronatlas Well-Known Member

Now this will be fun, and i agree with Satomiblood, deluxe works better for me as well. My combined form for the dinobots will have to wait. Predaking is waiting, ohhh this is gonna be fun.

16. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    i have ideas for this... if i can actually find the time to do it, like i never do.

17. Treadshot A1

Okay, to be honest, the only reason I wanted to limit the size is because aside from this, I am also working on a Voyager Predaking (all limbs being voyager size), so i just don't want any competition for that. Deluxe class works for me.

18. Anti-Venom

I think I know how im going to connect the arms to the torso. I still need to buy 3 more molds for the rest of the team, and then I needa buy some junkers to rip apart for the combiner parts.

19. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Speaking of Predakings, anyone know of a head that matches predaking but in a deluxe to ultra size?? I need a match with very little modding. Any help??

20. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

This sounds interesting, scouts are reduced to €1.99 near me, so maybe I should have a look into this. If the limbs are scout, then the central piece is ok being deluxe?