Scout Class-sized figures of the more popular characters like BB?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bny888, Oct 20, 2009.

1. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Just wondering why Hasbro does not make Scout Class-sized figures of say OP, BB, etc.. The closest they have to Scout Class-size are the TFA Activators.

2. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I'd like them to do a few car-bots, like maybe Bumblebee, Jazz, Barricade, but I don't want the scout line to be overwhelmed with mini-me versions of every character.

Scout class has been a good class size for doing interesting and unusual figures like Ransack and Ejector, and I'd like to see this continue.

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I really hope they don't throw characters into the Scout class. So far, the Scout class is the only decent part of the ROTF line because they don't have to use those lousy Movie designs.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I think they should give the Scout class treatment to some of the car-bots, but not too many (basically a couple waves worth, but spread them out and keep the majority of the Scouts as non-larger scale characters). Scout class versions of Movie Bumblebee, Jazz, Sideswipe, Jolt, Skids, Mudflap, Barricade, and Sideways would be interesting, and would help them be in-scale with other larger characters (most notably the Decepticons).

As for why they don't, I have no idea. Could be a number of different things.

5. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't we have enough versions of OP and BB?

6. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I would guess the logic is you want to use your most popular characters (those with onscreen appearences) to sell bigger toys. Hence we get Ultimate Bumblebee again, but no Scout class.

7. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Of... which line are you talking about?

Classics/Universe simply doesn't have a scout class, and that's fine with me for the most part since the only characters I wanted Scout-class figures of were the Insecticons. And I just picked up the reissues last week, which work great on my shelf. Besides, all the G1 MiniBots I'd prefer to see bumped up to Deluxes anyway. Works for Bumblebee and Cliffjumper. If Hound could be taken as any kind of indication as well, here's hoping for Deluxe Jazz, Cosmos, and Beachcomber when the line comes back.

As far as the movie line goes, the scouts are some of the better figures of the line from what I've seen. I just don't own any. And that goes for the movie line as a whole for me.

I didn't collect Animated either, but it looks like they simply replaced the Scout-class line with Activators. Which... well, is fine. I guess. Do you really need a Scout-class when you have all of those characters in Deluxe and Voyager scale anyway?

8. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought Dead End just because he was a Scout car. Scout cars look great next to Voyagers who represent bigger characters. I would be all over any car movie character who was a Scout, I buy those in Legends size now just because the Deluxes are too big and more expensive.

9. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

A Basic/Scout BB would make more sense to me then the supposed Leader we're going to get.

10. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I would walk down the aisles of every Wal-mart, K-Mart, Target and Toys R Us in my area lighting Leader Bumblebees on fire. That rumor, I hope, is not true.

11. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I'll be sure to look for you in the news then.

"Crazed arsonist sets wal-mart toy aisle a blaze."

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    While it hasn't been officialy confirmed by Hasbro, it might as well be...

13. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

The ROTF scout class has been very good so far. I think it it would be cheapened with a BB, OP, or any of those type of characters. If more scouts are needed, I'll take more of the appliances from Sams kitchen. I'd also accept other new-mold representations of the rest of the Stunitcons, Protectobots or the like. Certainly hoping the scout class figures keep coming. (new molds, of course - and some repaints, I guess)

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I just hope if they do make a Leader class Bumblebee, they make it a good figure. Like Prime/Starscream-level good. Faithfulness to the design, complexity, proportions... Then I can at least accept it as another Bumblebee, if not a good stand-alone figure.

Uh, back on topic. I'd like to see something half-way between legends and deluxe of the movie characters. But leave scouts alone. I like their own little group. Maybe if they brought back activators?

15. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    double post, sorry. :( 

16. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    It would be great if they make Scout figures of some TFTM characters, like Dispensor, or the Nokia-bot. Just like they did with the Real Gear line.

17. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

i really liked the scout class figures that came out during the cybertron line. when i was a little kid, scout sized transformers were always the most fun. deluxes were a prize i rarely got due to how expensive they were :(  i like the direction that rotf line took with new scout molds and i wish they would do more characters in this size. i just remember them being more fun :) 

18. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I prefer the Scout slots to be reserved for original characters rather than another version of Bay Optimus or Bumblebee. Pity really the whole line hadn't had the fun and originality of the ROTF Scouts.

19. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Ejector/Scalpel?

Legends is where its at if you want tiny versions of the big dudes.

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I do love me some Legends. I just wish they hadn't become seemingly almost impossible to find in stores over the last year.