Scourge versus The Flame!

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Chaos Incarnate, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    This is gonna be such an easy review. We've all read reviews of Flame Convoy and Scourge, so I'm just going to go over a few key points.

• Flame Convoy/Scourge is, in his alt mode, a sweet looking, kick-ass black and yellow dragon.
    • When you put in his Force Chip, he makes a cool transforming sound, and two additional heads pop out. This works in robot mode as well.
    • Flame Convoy/Scourge's robot mode is a sweet looking, kick-ass black and yellow dragonbot.
    • In robot mode, his dragon tail turns into a huge friggin axe.
    • The figure is sweet in all modes, but not the easiest to pose, due to akward placement of joints.

Now, on to the comparison!!
    In terms of number, placement and quality of paint apps, these figures are identical. Yep, everything is the same, right down to the little purple apps on his forearms. Hasbro totally pulled out a winner with this one. The differences, you ask? Colors. The yellow plastic and red and yellow paint apps are a brighter, more vivid hue on the Cybertron version. Other than that, they really are the same. MK and I examined the size, weight, plastic rigidness, etc. We checked the sounds, the same. We checked the flashing light in the head, the same. We even sat there and checked the quality and sound of the multiple click joints. The same.

Look at da pics!
    EDIT: In these pics, the Cybertron one is on the left, GF on the right.

My verdict: Scourge and Flame Convoy are mostly identical. I personally prefer the more muted colors of mine, and I am not getting a Cybertron version. However, if I DIDN'T already have a GF Flame Convoy, I'd get Scourge in a heartbeat.

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Excellent... Another figure I should be getting soon that I shouldn't be disappointed with... I'm way too eager to get him now.

3. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great work buddy!

4. Armada_MK

Armada_MK Emissary of Primus

News Credits:
    Sorry im late Chaos I had to help a friend move, Anyways

My Verdict:

Well your right Chaos this was a easy review, anyways IF you haven't pickup the GF version yet, Dont worry your not missing anything(accept muted colors:) ) and getting cybertron version will save you a good thiry bucks, Bottom line. This guy is a must buy, but if you already have a flame convoy, you wont need the US version. Unless you want brighter colors. My opinon I like the more vibrent colors better, So for all you skeptics who think hasbro is dropping the ball, Well they didn't this time, So purchase without fear, Cuz the Scourge of the galaxy has hit the US,And the last thing you'll here is "DEATH FLAME!!!"

5. Cloudimus Prime

Cloudimus Prime Active Member

I'd agree. I have Flamey, but I prefer Scourge's more fiery and brighter colours.

Thanks for the comparison pics!

6. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    i couldnt tell by the pics, but on the us scourage, are there decepticon symbols on the dragons' heads like on flame convoy?

7. Armada_MK

Armada_MK Emissary of Primus

News Credits:
    Yes, Scourge has the decepticon symbol on both dragon head :thumb 

8. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    Everytime I see your title, I keep imagining RiD Scourge in a rock-off against Cheap Trick :p 

Back on topic, nice review & pics. Nice to know Hasbro isn't dramatically changing all of the higher priced figures in this line.

9. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I really hope you meant to exclude Starscream in that comparison :p 

10. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

And Vector Prime.

And the other Prime.

:p 

Good to know - I mean, it was never in doubt that I'd own Scourge eventually, but confirmation that he's virtually identical to Flame Convoy is a push in the right direction. I'd still love to know what the heck made some of the other changes in Cybertron happen when they seem so easy to implement. Then again, I'm no Hasbro employee...

11. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    :lol  Best pic of the bunch, I love how you posed GF Flame Convoy's heads down.

12. Chaos Incarnate

News Credits:
    Yeah, that was fun. One of my few attempts at humor.

13. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i have gf flame convoy and it rocks. but, even though its been said before, what is up with those elbow joints? dammit, if they had just made his fists rotate at the wrist it would have made this toy incredible. i still love it though, does anyone else feel that fc is slightly remminissent of G1 grimlock? (tv show character wise)

14. Chaos Incarnate

News Credits:
    I dunno, I don't really get a Grimlock feel from him. Of course, I REALLY don't get a Sky Lynx feel, but that's how they are repainting him, it seems. Yech!

15. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Just got mine in the mail yesterday, and aside from disappointing shoulder, elbow, and Force Chip dragon neck articulation, I love this figure. Massive, imposing, and the face sculpt is SUPERB!!! The paint apps are perfect, and I think I actually really enjoy the roaring SFX.

I was on the fence about whether to return him or not before I opened him, but having taken him out of the package and messed around with the figure? He's staying with me. :D 

16. Demaar

Demaar Banned

Fantastic to hear domestic collectors haven't been "jipped".
    By the by, I dunno if it's just me or not... but does Flame Convoy seem to have more of a gradiant going in his yellow than Scourge (like it starts off kind of a dirty yellow near the spikes, then gets a bit brighter... maybe it's just the lighting)? Regardless, I actually think I prefer the cleaner look of Scourge... but I'm not going to go out and buy another ultra for something so minor :p 

17. Swoop X

Swoop X Beware Of The Decepticons

I've always liked Flame Convoy/Scourge, he looks so cool. It looks like he's worth getting.

18. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I like him a lot except his arms as previously noted , but no one has pointed out his third sound effect. If you leave his key in its slot and press the roar button it makes a laser firing sound instead.