Scott McNeil Confirms new Transformers Show.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Kaijumaster, Sep 29, 2006.

1. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm, medieval would be nice, though there wouldn't be many choices for alt modes. The same way as in heart of Steel all of the Bots were locomotives... :( 

I've seen some fan-made design on a page somewhere who did make such medieval TFs - he did all the Combaticons (Vortex as one of Leonardo da Vinci's flying machines, LOL!) But all in all they all looked fragile and not that great.

2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    You have no IDEA how happy the above makes me feel. I'm sure I'll enjoy the new cartoon, especially if BW vets are involved.

3. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

Cool !! I was wondering a couple of days ago if the voice actor were going to be new ,from BWs or some of the originals.

4. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Wow, just wow. You do realise that the USA, Japan and Korea are all in the Northern hemisphere? Maybe you were under the impression that Cybertron was written in the Democratic Republic of Congo, or maybe in Burundi or possibly even in Kiribati.

5. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Excellent news!!!

6. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Well, the panel has just confirmed that the new show will be a US based and developed show. So (hopefully) no more silly anime cliches... we can replace them with silly north american cartoon cliches!

7. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

Heh. That's what I get for posting when I'm so tired that I feel drunk.

8. Optimal-T

Optimal-T Metroplex's Sidekick

For me as long as it doesn't end as badly as Beast Machines did then I would have no qualms against Transformers Heroes but make it end like Beast Machines did then I won't be held responsible for my actions.:duel 

9. Optimal-T

Optimal-T Metroplex's Sidekick

Well, I'll see if I can make any sense out of this, but in 5 Faces of Darkness Cybertron was a factory planet ruled by the Quintessons right? In Beast Machines they find out that Cybertron once supported organic life. Then how in the hell did the Quintessons adjust to their organic surroundings when all they were interested in was building a factory planet that could manufacture robots? That's the only part that the writers didn't explain very well.

10. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm sure he meant the WESTERN hemisphere.

11. GalvaTRION

GalvaTRION Not one step back.

The new show will most likely be based on Classics. They're probably going to re-do G-1 as if it happened in the present day. That'd be my guess, considering the movie.

Not a big fan of that idea myself. It'd be nice if they'd just do a series set between season 2 and 3 of the show, but that's not likely.

All that was mentioned about the show so far is that there will, of course, be english speaking voice actors. That doesn't mean it won't be yet another anime.

Best case, realistic scinario: Simon Furman heading a re-do of G-1.

Honestly, I'm tired of Optimus Prime and Megatron. I'd love to see them try something else, but I know darn well it'll never happen, considering Season 3 of the original series. Transformers is a huge universe with almost un-ending possibilities, but all we get is a new Optimus and Megatron. Try a series focusing on the Wreckers or something. How about a series about Cybertron after Ops and Megs went MIA, where Shockwave is the main villain? How about a show set after BM? Ehg.

12. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I would have no problem believing that.

13. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    itd be cool if cybertron were written by those the gods must be crazy guys (kalahari?), with all the dialogues in clicks and pops.

14. GalvaTRION

GalvaTRION Not one step back.

You sir, win the obscure refrence prize!

15. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

A new show probably based on Classics, written in North America, and potentially starting a lot of the BW voice actors. Sounds like all the making of a winner to me.

16. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

He already is in the comics. It's not going so well.

To be fair, I only bought Shortround because he turns into a potty.

No, really.

Fixed. :D 

-XCN-

17. Kthardin

Kthardin Well-Known Member

Another show?

With the Beast Wars era voice actors?

Can someone just shoot me now? They're doing it in LA...fucking LA! You know, Bang Zoom area of town...the guys that have a lot of domestic VAs on tap (and a whole shitload of really bad anime VAs, but that's another issue). They can get something different this time, rather than more VAs from Canada at 60% discount. They were good in Beast Wars, but I for one am extremely tired of hearing them...probably because I've associated their voices with the lousy stories of whatever passes for animated Transformers now adays. If the story is good, I don't want these people.

Unless, of course, the show sucks. Judging by previous offereings, there is no chance, no chance at all, that it will not suck. So sure, cast them. They're good throwaways. I'll watch the first couple of eps to get a feel of it, as I know I can't judge a series by what I hear about on boards like this. I mean honestly, considering the shear amount of defenders of Armada there were; and there is no way anyone in their right mind could possibly defend a show as bad as Armada. Its sequals were better in some respects, but in many others, they were just as bad, if not worse.

So, sure, like I said, cast them. They're cheaper than domestic talent and have a fan following from their Beast days when the stories didn't blow. Too bad the next few iterations of Transformers showed how limited many of them were in the talent department, but again, that was okay...the stories were throwaway too.

18. tffan76

tffan76 New Member

new transformers show

it would be nice if there is any idea as to when or where within the transformers timeline this show takes place.

19. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    If you go by the rumours, it will be a "not too distant future" where "human and robot servant coexist". So, not quite Futurama, but advanced enough that most human families employ a robot or two to help out with the chores. Or something like that.

If it is true at all.

20. ArmadaSideswipe

ArmadaSideswipe Well-Known Member

Who says that Scott McNeil couldn't be in a non-Canadian show anyway? He was in the sweet dub for the awesome show Fullmetal Alchemist in one of the most key roles, and that wasn't dubbed in Canada.

Good to see something different being tried with the TF shows again. I absolutely love anime (click on my website link to see this fact), but because of TF not being taken seriously enough in the anime market, we got Armada, Energon, and Cybertron instead of something brilliant (or even something decent). I've heard that Beast Wars was the most popular TF show in Japan, and really, I'm not surprised at all.

I hoped this would be based off Classics too, but it doesn't seem like it will be. Ah, well.