Scott Farrar says "some 60 robots" for ROTF

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by m1tsu, Apr 1, 2009.

1. m1tsu

m1tsu Well-Known Member

2. Zablorg

Zablorg Well-Known Member

If there is, there's no way they're going to be "characters".

3. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    True, just random Bots seen in scenes with non supporting and non-voiced roles.

4. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    They're probably counting the little Frenzy-like robots in that. Nothing exciting to note.

5. Zablorg

Zablorg Well-Known Member

I'm sure from the guy's perspective it's noteworthy as it takes quite a lot of effort to animate the little bastards, but yeah, it doesn't really add so much.

I did a quick recount and got 24 character bots, not including Devastator. Unless upwards of 15 toys haven't been produced, it's really not realistic to think that 60 is a meaningful number.

Pumping all that money into kitchenbots seems like a waste of money, really.

6. Finchfan000

Finchfan000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also could just be some bots from a Cybertron flashback...like in Part 1.

7. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    Yeah flashback wtf

8. chaoseffect

chaoseffect Custom TF builder

Quantity vs. Quality.

9. m1tsu

m1tsu Well-Known Member

You guys are forgetting they already have models made up for 10+ robots! Also they had to figure that stuff out from scratch in the last movie. This time they know what they're doing, how they're going to do it, and on top of that a MUCH bigger budget to work with. The 20+ frenzy bots could perhaps be counted as one considering you could just copy the model.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

That could be a count of every robot in the film even if some of them were not character quality robots. Sort of like where we see Sam and the robotic insect, if it's just a robotic insect and not an Insecticon then yes it would count as being a robot but we might not count it as a character type part or maybe even a proper Transformer.

Likely lots of parts like Dew Bot that weren't really characters until the fandom decided to sort of adopt him and turn him into a character even if the comic book told that horrible lie about Dew Bot being dead instead of snow boarding down a mountain shooting skiers with his cans.

11. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

I think that if there are that many robots, I'd rather most of them have little/no character. So each robot doesn't have a backstory, but having so many random unknowns running around would make the setting that much more real. Every character that appears in a movie doesn't have a name (unless, of course, that movie is Star Wars, but that's neither here nor there), and even in real life, nobody knows everybody in a large crowd. After all, we didn't expect to have a name for each of the 300 Spartans, did we?

12. m1tsu

m1tsu Well-Known Member

Yeah, I doubt everyone of the bots will have backing stories nor will I want them all to have them, however they still will be able to have character without a backing story. Personality is whats going to make them come to life, and we heard various times that they really worked hard on adding personalities to all of the robots.