Scott Farrar Confirms the Talks with Michael and TF4!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Albershide, Nov 4, 2011.

1. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I totally agree; talk is cheap.

2. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

This arguments is getting old. How can someone not identify or recognize thethe characters? Do people suffer from vision issues?

3. General Magnus

I also find amusing the whole "name slapping" comments. Don you honestly Hasbro cares since the G1 days? Especially since the main guys of the G1 line are name slaps on Diaclone toys.

Hasbro name slaps from day 1. Don´t act all pissy because the movies keep that tradition alive.

4. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:

The quote in my sig sums it up.

5. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You misunderstand. I look at "Sideswipe" and don't see the Sideswipe we all know. I see some generic silver car-bot with the ugliest face I've ever seen. Ratchet and Ironhide share no resemblence to their G1 selves beyond somewhat-fitting alt modes. Bumblebee has no resemblence beyond deco and his almost-horns.

Since Hasbro got control of most Transformers media back, there have been little-to-no nameslaps outside Bayformers beyond lesser-known nobody-names. Why is that? It's because Hasbro knows a lot of fans care for the character a name represents. Just because you have no attachment to these characters, doesn't mean we shouldn't.

And Diaclone was a line of nobodies. G1 has a full mythos across different mediums. There is no comparison.

It does. It really does. Bay replaced those robots with hideous shreddy monsters, and that's something I can't approve of no matter how much money went into Hasbro's CEO's pockets.

6. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

Excuse my language but FUCK ME I really don't want another movie. Well let me refraise that I'm OK with another movie I am in no way OK with the year following the movie with nothing but shitty, ugly, uninteresting toys taking up all the room and not allowing space for chug toys. There has been nothing in Canada since DOTM. I don't even think we will get generations warpath, scourge, thundercracker, or kup

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's remarkable to me how little that fans care about the happiness of, well, other fans. Whatever the depths of your contempt for the "Bayverse" designs won't change the fact that I enjoy them. Whatever hyperbolic lengths you go to, you can't make any more impact than I do by liking them. That is the reason why no matter what eloquently extreme language you choose to employ, whenever the thread descends into the aesthetics of the live action movies it must only go nowhere, and fast.

8. Hot Shot.

News Credits:
    Bitching on the internet won't change anything? Say it ain't so!

I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion. I just don't think my opinion should be called "wrong" because "Transformers sucks. We shouldn't care."

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Please, for the love of god, stop comparing the movies to G1.

You don't see everyone going round saying RiD, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Animated or Prime are shit because they are not like G1, so why do the movies suffer this unfairly?

You know why Sideswipe and Bumblebee look different to the way they looked in G1? Because that's the way they were designed. Oddly enough, it was intentional.

10. General Magnus

Not really it doens´t.

11. General Magnus

Energon Mirage a boat, Energon Ironhide a jeep, Armada Wheeljack a sports car, (pseudo Sideswipe), BW Inferno, an ant. And there´s are others, but these come to mind. None of them "nobodies".

You were saying?

12. Hot Shot.

News Credits:
    Franchise-based movies are generally expected to faithfully represent their source material. Bay said "fuck that" and ignored everything he could outside of Hasbro mandate.

Because those are TV shows. Again, property-based movies are expected to stick to their roots.

Also, all those shows had:
    -traditional "Transformers" aestetic
    -transformers as actual developed characters
    -moderate-to-good, 3-dimensional plot

Because someone told the designers, "See this car? Make a robot. We'll name it later."(Well, except Bumblebee.)

Again, you keep misunderstanding me. I meant after Hasbro started producing shows again.

BW Inferno was a nameslap to keep the name copyright. The others were too, but Takara produced those shows and almost everyone was a new character with a new name. Hasbro had to nameslap those to keep those copyrights from going out.

The movies aren't an imported, dubbed anime. While Hasbro used to nameslap to preserve copyrights, Bay didn't have to. He just couldn't give a fuck.

13. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

The question is, why would they give it to Ratner?

Are you kidding me! The nerdrage is the funnest and funniest part of the whole thing.

See what I mean? :lol  :lol  :lol 

14. General Magnus

The fact the movie characters are different is kinda of a poor reason to complain. If Hasbro gave the ok to name the model, it´s the character and that a fact. That it has no resemblance to an 80s character is not an excuse.

15. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sweet let's do it XD

Give me two movies in the next 4 years

16. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

You know what? I like you. You're smart.

17. Hot Shot.

News Credits:
    I guess nothing was wrong with Joel Schumacher's Batman costume, then. Or Bane not being a bounty hunter in Forever. Bat-nipples are a poor reason to complain.

I'm fine with change and reinterpretation. I think everyone expected to see their favorite TF characters reinterpreted properly on the big screen back in 2006. I'm still waiting.

18. General Magnus

Meh. That would work... If I gave a shit about Batman. Even then, I doubt it, saw the movie and never was pissed by it.

19. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Yes. Fanboyoptic nerdragium. It's very disabling.

20. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Does for me. The Bayformer designs are just way too busy. I like my robots with relatively clean lines and a more traditional Japanese heroic aesthetic. To my eyes the Bay designs are the optical equivalent of nails on a chalkboard.