Scott Farrar Confirms the Talks with Michael and TF4!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Albershide, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Time for something new.

2. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Reading is fundamental. I said "if you can't find anything to like about the movies, you're not much of a tf fan." I'm sorry, but as much as Bay got wrong, he obviously got somethings right.

Not to mention that "the designs weren't executed" is just a crock of garbage. You couldn't tell who was who in the Forest fight? On the highway? While Autobots fight Sentinel Prime? Seriously? If you couldn't tell, you need glasses. I'll be the first to say some of the sequences were a jumbled mess, but the first time the Autobots arrive and Transform, the forest fight, the highway battle, the Mexican standoff, Ironhide's death and the Sentinel prime fight were all very clear... If what you were saying had much truth to it, those sequences would have been universally panned (even moreso in this website.). Subjective opinions be damned... just because one person is color blind doesn't mean the sun is not yellow or orange in the sky.

Not it's not 'ridiculous.' I could say the St Louis Cardinals are shit, Albert Pujols is shit and Tony Larussa is a shit manager. It's an opinion, just not factual, being that they won the World Series. I'm definitely not taking this as a personal attack, it's just tiresome hearing a bunch of butthurt. Dude, after all the Optimus Prime redesigns, this one is shitty? Really? He doesn't look like Optimus?

Once again, if you can't find anything positive about the movies, you're not much of a TF fan. I mean seriously, Peter Cullen was some shit? Even though he's the original Optimus? I dislike his sociopathic portrayal, and dislike the general "rawwwr we're evil!" way the Decepticons are presented, but Bay and co did SOME good work. Aside from ROTF, saying the scripts are shit is to say that they are in some way a dramatic drop off in the quality of writing the franchise has had for the last 25 plus years.

People think just because they have an opinion, it means something. If you can't find an ounce of good in the TF movies, it's like I said, you'll only be happy with a movie that YOU make. Saying everything about the movies is shit is not just inaccurate, it's childish, and it proves bias more than objective opinion.

Back on topic, I think Bay will be involved in someway...hopefully not in a directing capacity. But his eye would be of great assistance for car chase and action sequences, but someone else can give the movie some heart. Spielberg could bring that touch, should he deem it worthy of his hand. I can't think of many directors who would be free to direct it in the time frame Hasbro is likely to want this, so personally, I think a 4-6 year break would be good. That way, a new director can be found without rushing things. It'll also give peeps a break from the franchise long enough to truly rekindle interest.

3. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Say what you will about the other possible pros and cons regarding continuing on with the live-action films, but this is only good news for ILM and Scott. Scott's a fantastic supervisor, and Paramount has basically expressed the same opinion by asking him to return. Think about it. When the "big dogs" you ask to return are the director (obvious), 3 or 4 main actors (again, obvious) and the freakin' VFX supervisor, you know that the VFX supervisor has done something right. :D 

This.

Well, he does work at Industrial Light & MAGIC. :lol 

"You will, my apprentice...in time."

Agreed. :thumb 

Unfortunately, this. I hate the "true fan" argument. If you like Bayformers and hate Beast Wars, that's fine. If you can't stand G1 but loved the Unicron Trilogy, that's cool. Or if you only like the IDW comics, whatever. Loved Animated but hate Prime? Up to you. Different strokes. If you enjoyed any part of the 25+ year history of Transformers, then you ARE, in fact, a "fan", in my opinion.

:lol 

4. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Oh look, someone with an opinion who thinks it means something. We can agree or disagree about the relative merits(or lack thereof) of the Bay films and all be right. There is no objective truth about these films, just a lot of subjective opinions.

5. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I do not know what to think, but my heart heart missed a beat in joyful anticipation... I want to wait again, to believe again, to save up forces for the going to the cinema again!
    Let's trust in these people as we always did, they did not overshot three times already (here someone does not like ROTF?)! :thumb 

6. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    yeah yeah yeah!! i told you so m.bay is going to be in tf4! you guys that dont like bay! the reason is that you dont like bay is the filming stlye!!! so chillax peps! its tf and its a whole new trilogy! so that means dantana (i was trying to make sounds or type syounds!) we can have a a better triolgy! evrey body learn from ther mistakes! i am so loking foraward to the 4th one!

reaon why peps dont like bay films is the way he films! its quick and fast! and straight faward and to the point! and why you at it why dont you try filming oh like a good francshise!

7. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    The point I never understand since 2007 is the weird fact, that the people who dislike the movie design and all around this, still look the movies (and more often than one time) from movie over rotf to dotm..... They do that only for complaining about it.

I'm fine when they don't like it, but could they be more friendly with that? I mean when somebody post flame way against the movie verse or a movie verse fan all is fine, but when I say I don't like blocky g1 (with stupid stories btw) or the childish cybertron series I started a sakrileg in their eyes and got blamed. Why? Could someone explain me this pls?

I mean I waited a very long time to see my childhood heroes as a real life movie, Citroen brought my dreams back in 2005 and got true in 2007.

This event brought me back to transformers and brought me finally here to tfw2005 and radicons of course. And those movie haters (god bless them, cause its just their opinion) think I have no right to be here or called a tf fan or something? I do not understand this!

We are all tf fans, only for different reasons, some for the g1, Soe for toys, some for the movies, some for books/comics and so on. Man girls 'n guys, all is fine, just have fun with your hobby :) 

Thx

8. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Money, money, money. That's all this is about. Hasbro and Paramount have dollar signs in their eyes. Just can't let something die with what tiny bit of dignity it has left. I mean, how are they going to do this? They killed all the bad guys in the last movie. Megs died. Starscream died. Shockwave died. They even killed some of the good guys. (It's too bad they didn't kill Wheelie.) What are they going to do? Make up some new and very lame bad guy? Perhaps they will use Unicron, but I don't think they will be able to top Transformers Prime for such use.

9. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    There's A LOT of other (perfectly valid) reasons why some people don't like his films. "Filming quick and fast" is probably lower on the list there, mate. :lol 

But boy, you are enthusiastic, tfprime32. Good. Just try to focus that energy into making coherent messages. ;) 

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Hasbro and Paramount are going to keep Michael on as long as they can and as long as his movies are making boat loads of money. Michael coming for TF4 is no suprise at all. Hasbro even announced it early before all the Hollywood back pedalling took place.

At least this time around we will have TF Prime and if not I'm sure something else will be around so I am not feeling all empty inside when I have to skip TF$ movie line.

11. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

:bowdown:  :bowdown:  :bowdown: 

Dude, sooooooooo much truth here.

Although, you do realise this kind of rational, logical, intelligent posting is utterly wasted in movie discussions?

12. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Please No Transformers 4.

13. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have never seen anyone like this. I know there are those who gave ROTF and DOTM a chance, but I'm willing to bet "the people who watch the movies over and over to complain" are a figment of your imagination. If you're talking about the people who nitpick hard-to spot details on their fifth watching, they like the movies. They're just looking for something to talk about.

You are slinging shit on things those people like, to make the movies seem "better". That's why people get upset. The fact you're thinking of the G1 cartoon when you say G1, and labeling all of G1 as "stupid stories" is upsetting to me. That and your TXT SPEEK.

Some people say, "You know, it would be nice if I could recognize Sideswipe as his namesake." And then people like you say "G1 sucks", without even considering the possible improvements.

Again, who is saying this? I haven't read the whole thread, but this has to be an isolated case.

I guess I'm not much of a Transformers fan, with my hundreds of toys and shelf of comics. Any good was easily overshadowed by the mountain of shit IMO.

I agree, but the designs themselves looked awful for transformers. Lots of metal strips that crawl into place as a bug-shaped face? Cool for a sci-fi horror. Transformers? Bleh. Most of the designs look like stereotypical Hollywood monsters. Nearly no one is recognizable. Any design history the brand has that could've been used as inspiration was pissed to the wind for generics designed out of vehicles that had names slapped on afterwards. A lot of us are still waiting to see our favorite characters on the big screen, thanks to one part ignorance and three parts arrogance.

I personally hate the mouth and toes, and I still don't like the flames, but that's just me.

Cullen's voicework would've been a great compliment if the character had been handled properly. Again, the shit covers the good for me.

So you closed your argument with a variant of "Don't like it? Make your own"? Classy.

14. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    To all those that dont want a forth movie... sorry its already in the works and it will be coming a lot sooner than we think. Why? well look at what he said in the video... if they were not going to do another TFs movie for another few years, he would then look at other scripts and take on other jobs for movies that ILM can do but because it takes so long to the the CGI and effects for most movies, he isnt really looking at other scripts and or jobs for ILM at the moment because of the next TFs movie and if its given the green light, would not leave any time for ILM do do other projects. Those are not his actual worlds but more-or-less is what he said.

15. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

I find it funny that some keep saying that they're gonna keep Bay as long as the money keeps rolling in. Yes that's true but Bay is NOT the reason these movies make money. You get a competent director who will actually make decent Tf's films and the money will still be there, more if anything.

These movies make butt loads of money not because of the shitty plots, horrific designs, bad acting, and shitty director. They make money off the brand name. Tf's is simply an iconic brand that millions grew up with and love. Bay has nothing to do with it's success.

16. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

You really do have no idea what you're talking about do you? How can you say that the director of a multi-billion dollar movie franchise has had literally zero effect on the outcome? You couldn't put just anyone in the director's chair and expect the same result?
    Your comments are just unfocused and generic hating which is basically trolling.

And before people dive right in with comments like "oh so we're not allowed to have an opinion?" OF COURSE YOU ARE!!! But just saying 'everything is shit, director, acting, script - all shit' without anything to back it up, is just absurd.

17. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    It has begun....

18. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

You're the one with no idea what you're talking about. Go ask any lifelong or die hard Tf's fan why they went to see the first one or all three. How many are gonna say they went because Bay directed them? Now how many will say it's because they simply love Tf's? Go ahead and even ask those that aren't Tf's fans and they'll say the same thing, they think Tf's are cool and it's not cause of Bay. Do you seriously think that people go to these movies cause of Bay lol?

Also you say I have nothing to back up my opinions? All three movies back up my opinion.

19. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

:lol 

Right, so now you're completely changing your argument because you know it makes no logical sense.
    You said that Bay had no effect on the success of the films. Yes he did, because he was the director. You don't like Bay? Fine. But the films were phenomenally successful, in a number of different ways (perhaps not always critically) but you simply cannot argue with the amount of money they made or the new fans they have brought to the franchise. Bay, in the role of director, was the single most influential person throughout the entire making of all 3 films. How you can say he had nothing to do with their success is completely beyond me.

And for the record, you never previously said Bay was the factor involved in people going to see the films, you said he had nothing to do with their success. Big difference.

I am a lifelong TF fan and Bay had nothing to do with me going to see the first TF film. It could have been any director. But the end result that ends up on the screen is a direct result of Bay's interpretation of the script etc.

So change your argument all you want, how about taking a less aggressive tone and actually accepting that "everything is shit" is not a sufficient argument.

And maybe try and learn how the basics of the moviemaking process works.

20. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    sigh...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016