Scorponok

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by User_136440, Mar 15, 2007.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's just it! We don't know enough to be certain, the topic could go on til the movie comes out.

Although he could be an actual part of Blackout, that means that in scenes where blackout is alone (if there are any) he would be incomplete, thus, ruining his disguise. Remember, the MH53 is a monster vehicle, it could easily carry Scorponok or even Barricade or Brawl in him... well, maybe not Brawl.

His bio listed him as troop transport, not troop combiner, but it is still possible.

2. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

3. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I so regret not bidding on Scorpy when he was on Ebay.

4. HunterRose

HunterRose Well-Known Member

Or you know after he transforms and Fuxxors the millitary base, a little "revealing" kibble might be the least of his "disguise" worrys.

5. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm sure he transforms more than once, in more than one area in the entire movie.

6. timjimslim

timjimslim New Member

my opinion is never mind the markings u see on a toy or model especially on those from a hollywood movie. I believe that scorpinok is actually part of blackout. Why else create him????. Why else does he not have a proper bot mode, cos this movie is not aimed at the late 20 early 30 year old (origional g1 from back is the 80s) fans like myself and i believe the majority of posters on this website. Scorpinok extends the story & brings in the human element & a way to combat the transformers, that is all he is there for, & that he will more than likely pop up in the sequel. I hope someone knows where i am coming from. Take care Cheers

Timmy

7. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Sorry to say it but I dont. Here is a good reason why else to create him.........he didnt HAVE to be part of Blackout...it was probably a cool way to transport him seeing as how its easier for him to get from place to plcae by hitch hiking....I say this in sort of a third person to the transformers because personalitie and detail is everything so if I were in Skorpys shoes I wouldnt want to drill my way to the desert either. All in all his hitch hiking seems to strike me as a way he can get places.... mean barricade does the same with frenzy...

Anyways, this movie wasnt supposed to apply to JUST fans, it is a gift from the gods... somthing that I wanted my generation to see that I tohught would never understand, the transformers aent just Robots in Duisguise, they are how some have bonded, found father figures, watched action in a different form or style. This gives a whole new spectrum on what it is to be a Trans fan. And Im so ubber excited to have some of my more sceptical freinds go see this movie!!! :D 

8. Lazerbeak

Lazerbeak Keronian Ambassador

Personally, I don't think he needs helicopter plating to be a part of Blackout. From the very first time I saw him, the first thing that popped to my mind was that he basically looked like a jet engine with legs and a tail. The MH-53 happens to be powered by turboshafts (a form of jet engine).

As for the "rescue" decals, those are found on nearly EVERY military aircraft (even the space shuttle has one). They do not refer to a rescue vehicle, they denote the points where the canopy (or windows/doors/what have you) on an aircraft can be jettisoned/released by rescue crews in case of an emergency.

To me, the fact that Scorponok not only looks like a great walking turbine, but is also adorned with USAF-style rescue arrows proves to me that he's got to be a part of Blackout. Now, I've not read the script, so I can't be 100% sure, but I'd be willing to bet that they might even share a "symbiotic" relationship.

Now, I could be wrong about all of this, but it seems to make sense to me, given what little I've seen.

9. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I've decided to just wait for the movie to come out and see for myself.

No use saying this or that is right or wrong when we can't tell for sure.

Besides, I'm dead tired of seeing the word "Scorponok".:) 

10. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

The toy has Scorponok just sitting in this cage on the bottom of Blackout.

In the movie, if he combines at all with Blackout, think of it this way:

Here's an F-15 with conformal fuel tanks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:F-15T.jpg

Here's one without the fuel tanks:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:F-15c.eagle.86-0175.taxi.arp.jpg

They come off and on. They're replaceable.

I'm not familiar with the helicopter that Blackout is based on, but for the sake of movie magic, let's say Scorponok turns into SOME kind of helicopter accessory that isn't necessary for the alt mode.

In other words, let's say Blackout turns into an F-15. Then let's pretend Scorponok transforms into the conformal tanks. With or without Scorponok attached, he'll still have a "complete" alternate mode.

So I don't think the Scorponok/Blackout combination is going to be something integral, like combining the 3 robots to form Reflector. If Scorponok combines with Blackout, it'll be an accessory that, with or without, the disguise still works.

For a different (but fictional) example, here's some planes in Macross to show my point. Here's the VF-1, shown without optional armor: http://hh141.hiphip.com/Merchant/0701/0602/valkyrie_vf1j_front.jpg

Here's the VF-1, shown with optional armor: http://www.valkyrie-exchange.com/Images/Yamato/148FP/y48fp_h.jpg

In both cases, the plane itself has a "whole" plane mode. In this example, Scorponok would transform into the armor parts. Granted, this is sci fi, and it's a HELL of a lot more noticeable than the F-15 conformal tanks, but my point is that IF Scorpnok attaches at all, it won't leave Blackout without his complete helicopter disguise.

That, and I honestly think he just sort of fits into a cage. No different from how the APC just comes out of the drop ship in the movie "Aliens." Or how Roller sort of just chills out inside Prime's trailer.

11. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    \

Im dead tired of seeing the word Split-Lip...but you dont se me crying :lol 

Joking, but I dont tihnk their will be any sort of combining in this movie, except every character getting their alt's. Scorps is just cagged because he is probably known for mass destruction and carnage...so they need to detain him until further use :lol 

12. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

GAH! Don't show those pictures!

Worst. Scorponok. EVAR. Get the better one, which is worth more money.

As for his "connections" with Blackout, beats the hell out of me.

13. davun2

davun2 Member

Guys, I solved this a long time back, and really am surprised nobody else has. I would say the following is a theory, but if it's wrong, I shall be astonished.

Here's Blackout, as we know him:
    [​IMG]

OK. Here's Scorpy:

[​IMG]

OK.

First thing to notice, Scorpy is pretty big. So he's got to be a substantial part of Blackout. Secondly, it's always been mentioned ( from *really* early in the movie development ) that Scorpy *detaches* from Blackout. So he's not like a spare fuel tank or something. Further, Blackout was supposed to be Soundwave at some point, but that's by the way, just regarding the minion aspect.

Key observation - 6 rotors, 6 legs. Thus, Scorpy's legs being the rotors makes a lot of sense. The claws? How about the two huge protruding things on Blackout's shoulders? Hey, that kind of looks right. Now, the tail section is clearly down Blackout's back, compacted naturally, since they do cheat a little in the movie.

Now it's easy to imagine Scorpy 'jumping' off Blackout's back, a pretty huge surprise to the audience. Oh, given all this, the toy version is a ( admittedly cool ) hack in order to get scorpy into the toy, but given the talent + power of ILM, I think what I described above would be far more fitting than a small hatch opening and Scorpy leaping out fully fledged :) 

14. surak777

surak777 Autobot Musician TFW2005 Supporter

This is the best post in this thread

15. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    davun2,

I'd just like to point out that Blackout's rotors are still a part of his robot mode, unless of course you mean the rear rotor assembly, which I think you do.

Also, the large things on Blackout's shoulders are still there in both modes.

Scorponok is not that big in comparison to Blackout, remember, the MH53 is a monster vehicle, and Scorponok is actually kinda small, third smallest in the movie I think.

Though out of all the explanations, yours is the best. As cool as it is, I don't think it would happen like that. For one, it would leave Blackout without means of retreat.

Also, thanks for pointing something out...

why does Scorponok only have six legs?

16. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    yeah, i think you may be right. he sorta falls out of his back/tail and turns into the scorpion. i presented a similar theory about his transformation earlier in the thread, where his alt mode is part of blackout's body, and his "robot" mode is the scorpion.

17. davun2

davun2 Member

No I mean the main rotors, the top bit of the chopper.

See last part of this post

[​IMG]

seems pretty large to me dude!

You got to think about this a second - Blackout is actually a X-ton alien robot, with numerous extraordinary abilities, one of which is being to camouflage himself, in this case as a helicopter.

The disguise is for infiltration. Blackout is clearly not an ACTUAL helicopter, and given the fact he is probably ENORMOUSLY heavier than the chopper in question, 6 rotors spinning at earth speed is likely not gonna lift him. My point is, if he can fly, it's probably not due to the 6 rotors right, they're part of the disguise, so he can get all the way to the base without being stopped ( dudes there's an MH53 coming this way .. WITH NO ROTORS!! la la twiglight zone lol )

Also, they're obviously not going to show images / footage of where Scorpy comes from. The images we have seen of Blackout are all before Scorpy is released ( he gets released *after* the base is wiped out remember ), so I don't buy your argument on the images we've seen thing.

Please take note of this random internet image:

[​IMG]

Top rotors ( 6 of them ), a kind of body part just below, and two extruding 'arm' things, that look like air intakes ... it looks like it's just begging to leap of and transform! And from the point of view of the film designers it's a really cool trick to pull off. And hey, since they wanted the minion thing from the start, it may have strongly influenced why they chose this chopper in the first place.

18. perceptor30

perceptor30 perceptor30

I'm not bad mouthing scorponok or anything like that, he looks really cool, but the original concept of the transformers is to be able to "blend" with their surroundings. how in the hell is a 30 ft long scorpion"BLENDING" in with anything!

19. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Dude, I'm tellin' ya, a lot of what you said just won't add up.

Just because sometings smaller than something, doesn't mean it's not still large.
    Scorponok looks nothing like the top of the helicopter, he has no design influenseces for Blackout nor does he even have any helicopter parts on him.
    All the designs we've seen thus far always have vehicle node parts on them, where ar the helicopter bits on Scorponok?

Explain to me how those rotors become legs, there's no way they could turn into anything! That's why they just hang of his back. Look at the toy blackout, see Scorponok in his little cage?

I just cannot see how anything you have there works, that is why descussions like this are moot, because we don't have enough EVIDENCE to support these claims, and in truth, we don't have enough to debunk them either, but what you have really doesn't add up. The large protrusions on the side of the helicopter or the rotors, there is no possible way for them to transform into Scorponoks form.

Plus, we've seen Scorponoks animation concepts, don't you think there would have been something in there mentioning this if it were true?

20. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Whatever man, I don't even care anymore.

I'm gonna go do somethin' else with my time, besides, if I see the word Scorponok again I'm gonna snap.(o_<)