Scorponok

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by mattjy, Mar 15, 2007.

1. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

This came up on one of the other threads and I was wondering what other people thought.

I thought we had it on good authority that Scorpy was attached to Blackout, and therefore formed part for the helicopter alt mode. This was reinforced for me by the fact that the Scorpy deluxe toy has markings and writing on him that corresponds to those on some of the Blackout props, and also that he doesn;t have a proper second mode, just the makeshift bot mode.

However, others seem to think Blackout just carries Scorpy, like the voyger toy.

The reason why this came up is cos both Scorponok toys are very different colours from Blackout, which I found strange as I believed they combined in alt mode.

Any thoughts about any of this?

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm thinking that he just carries him around, and drops him off where he needs to be.

3. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Could always be a bit of both.

4. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

do you reckon that scorpy doesn't transform in that case?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do you reckon to the 'danger', 'rescue' and 'fuel' markings on here?

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm not saying that he doesn't transform or anything, just that Blackout carrying him around is faster than him traveling by himself. As for his markings, I have no idea what those are for. For all I know, he could of scanned an experimental scorpion like vehicle of the military's. I don't think we'll fully understand it untill we see it on the big screen, so until then, all we can really do is speculate.

6. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

well yeah, i wasn't expecting anyone to had a definitive answer and the movie itself will have all the answers. I'll be disapointed if he has a separate alt mode in the movie while the toys gets stuff with that last minute bot mode lol

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That is a very old prototype. The markings were most likely mis-prints, it's happened before.

Besides, Scorponok doesn't even have an earth mode in the movie, he's a Decepticon ''weapon''.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm actually liking his bot mode. It however does look miss-transformed. If you look closely to a picture of one of the other deluxe's back of the card, it looks like the stinger part of his tale does become his head. Also, his legs look like they could become longer and turn. I'll probably get him in the end.

That would make sense, or the people making the prototype could of been bored and decide to test some different printings on him.

9. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

I guess that's possible. though they do correspond remarkably accurately with the markings on some of the Blackout props we've seen, down to the ident number.

I guess thinking of him as a weapon is a good way of going about it :) 

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'm not guessing, it was stated in the later script he was a weapon, and his role in the backs that claim.

Besides, did you ever stop and think maybe he was mis-printed with Blackout's markings?

11. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

i didn;t say you were guessing i said 'I guess' as in 'I suppose'

anyway, yeah they may well have misprinted Blackout's markings on him, though that's one hell of a mistake considering they're such dissimilar and differnet size toys, so it never really occurred to me.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    D'oh, duh.:p 

Also, there was a case where, I think in R.I.D., a Side-burn proto came with Japanese Prime markings on him. I think it was Side-burn, it was a long time ago.

Sometimes it's just mixed up Autobot and Decepticon logos.

13. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

really?

well i guess they must get their bored days at the factory lol

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That's why they call them prototypes. It's not error, just testing.

Besides, isn't Blackout's number 4500x or something, not 0360?

15. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

I dunno, I'm sure I saw something with a 3 and a 6 in it (my mathematical mind notices things like numbers all being multiples of 3 lol) on one of the props of blackout's feet...

16. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

Maybe the directors decided because Transformers are an advanced alien being, robots, that they work like computers. I that case they and kinda cart each other around to store datum. Like a flash drive with feet. Or maybe they're pulling in some aspects from the Headmasters era into this for later movies. Wasn't Fenzy apart of the partol car? (damn, forgot the name). So the larger Transformers cart around their smaller buddies and use them to store datum and go off on secret espionage missions.

Maybe they'll explain this later in the second movie. Spoiler: Scorpinox does escape, injured.

17. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

Yeah Frenzy's paired up with Barricade, though he does have a proper alt mode and a bot mode. I guess Scorpy is unique being the only one with a beast mode so the paring might not work the same with him.

In the script (though I dunno how recent the one i read was) scorponok disengages from Blackout's back and as he's attached externally i had the impression that he'd also be part of the alt mode. Anyway, we'll see how it works in July lol

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Spoiler:Frenzy does take on multiple forms in the movie, which is why he's a spy.:reliopS.

And the persuit vehicle (not patrol) is Barricade, and it's Scorponok.

It was also described in the sneak preview shown that Scorponok ejects from Blackouts a... compartment/storage, not trasforms.

19. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

Yeah I remember that, which is pretty cool.

Oh cool, the description that I read didn't say anything about how he was released, all I knew was 'he disengaged'. It's still a pity the little Scorponok isn't more nicely coloured to match the deluxe version.

20. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

So Frenzy and Megs are both Origami/rubrix cubes? Are they planning on a Frenzy toy?

The compartment Transformer thing does sound like a good idea. It might mean Soundwave will be in the next movie (hoping for a next movie) and he'll reacquire his little Frenzy and store all his minions in his chest, like the original