Scored a Heath Ledger Joker Fig

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by asphalt, Feb 7, 2009.

1. asphalt

asphalt King of the road

Ebay:
    OK folks, I am not sure of the exact story but Originally the dark KNight joker figs were designed to resemble Heath Ledger. But then shortly after release the figs were yanked off the shelves. I have heard many reasons for this, the fig was too scary, the movie too intense for an exact likeness, legal issues after his death I dont know for sure, but regardless they were taken off the shelves after a very short time never to be seen again. Until Today. I was browsing the bargin bin toy isle at TJ Maxx and saw him. Crime Scene Evidence Edition Heath Ledger Joker. I snagged it up and looked for more but there was only one. I absolutely hate the goofy generic cartoon Joker fig that went mainstream and I now very happily own the Dark KNight fig I have always wanted. If I am completley off or if you know th real story of why they were yanked please lemme know.

Attached Files:

2. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    These are actually extremely common now.

Not really true. They were briefly removed while they fixed something - a paint problem perhaps? I can't remember exactly. Anyway, they weren't gone for long and they're well and truly beyond saturation now.

3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

My TRU has twenty to thirty of them on the pegs. Welcome to three months ago guy...but congrats on getting an awesome figure.

4. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    Nice find, though from the pics you actually have the version that came AFTER Mattel did the change. The updated run of Movie Masters had airholes popped into the sides of the bubble, where the first versions didn't.

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Don't feel bad man, they did kind of sneak attack us with the mass retail Jokers.
    It's still a gool grab, it'll look nice kept sealed on the wall, or with your Batmun stuff

< almost did the same thing, got excited and grabbed it , then saw another, and another...
    So I put it back and figured he'll still be there tomorrow.

6. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Remember how those Thugs were so hard to find? Now they're clogging all the shelves around here in NoVa.

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Reminds me of the deluxe movie Bumblebee craze, that died fast & silent into the many pegs of 09 Camaros, of all colors

8. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Yep, not nearly as big of a surprise to find as they were months ago. My local Wal-Mart even has their TDK figures on clearance for $5 each. I think Joker's already sold out there though, but Scarecrow, a Thug or two, and both Batman figures are around.

Speaking of which, anyone need a TDK Bats with a broken hand? Because they're on clearance, I know I can't return mine. Stupid Mattel.

9. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    How is the hand broken? I don't have a loose TDK Batman yet, so I may be interested.

And speaking of clearance crap, I was at K-Mart the other night and saw Movie Masters Batman and Joker on clearance for $4 a pop. I passed on them because I wanted them, but thought I'd pick them up when I had more free cash. I went back next week to find them still there, but not really. Someone had bought them, replaced them with Batman and Joker figures from the regular line, and returned them.

What kind of bullshit is that?!

10. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Nice figure but common as dirt now. I still have mine. Should have sold it while everyone was going gaga over it. Guessed I missed the boat. Same thinghappened to me with RID Stormjet.

11. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    yep,

we just received 35 CASES of movie masters this week for a clearance event.

Too bad they are all the same assortments with no chasers and 2x joker and one of each bats.

12. asphalt

asphalt King of the road

Ebay:
    Yeah I apparently live in the toy hole of the universe. When they release somethign it goes everywhere but here. I'm still excited though this is the first and only heath joker fig I have seen. So he isnt worth a dime, he's still cool. So maybe in another six months he will show up in mass and I can get one to open up. And I really want the large version 2 face and suit scarecrow that are supposed to be coming out, but in NC that might be 3 years from now.