Score from the first 2 movies

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Torque, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    wow. was just listening to them again-forgot just how awesome they were. Favorite one is either Forrest fight from ROTF or Optimus vs Megatron from the first, what about you guys?

And Steve Jablonsky IS coming back, right?

2. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree Steve Jablonsky is good. my favorites are from the first movie "Bumblebee Captured" and "the All Spark" I like how in Bumblebee captured he used the autobots theme yet in a totally different melancholy way and turned the key of the piece to minor at the very last 3 measures

3. Sideways77

Sideways77 its movie time here come the manbabies

News Credits:
    I hope he comes back to do the score. I love The forest fight, The Fallen, Precious cargo, and Scorponok.

4. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Transformers:
    Arrival to Earth
    Scorponok
    Ending of You're a Soldier now (Optimus transforming)
    Optimus vs Megatron
    Bumblebee Captured
    Bumblebee

ROTF:
    NEST
    The Shard
    Forest Battle
    I Claim Your Sun

5. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Love the score of the films, my all-time favorites are:

- "Arrival To Earth" truly brillant song in my opinion, it gives one hell of a heroism feeling, I can almost feel the burden of being an Autobot in my shoulders when I hear this song, just beautiful.
    Also, I consider it the ultimate theme song for the Autobots.

- "Optimus", Movie-Optimus has two sides: this is about "the compassionate, caring leader" side.

- "Prime", remember when I mentioned two sides? That's about the "badass, unbeatable warrior" side.

- "Optimus VS Megatron" awesome battle is awesome.

Hope he returns on the third film [though some Hanz Zimmer wouldn't be bad...]

6. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Not sure how I feel about Hans Zimer. especially after the inception score. It sounded all the same to me.

If anyone other then Jablonsky does the transformers score I'd prefer John Williams. Him and Spielberg have been buddies ever since Jurassic Park and I know with his experience he'd be able to mirror the style of Jablonsky if Steve couldn't do it.

7. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Without a doubt one of the film series high points is its impressive score. Jablonsky does fantastic works. My faves are as follows:

"Arrival to Earth" - This is arguably the perfect scene from Transformers, everything just feels so correct and smooth. And it finishes off, epically, with Optimus Prime transforming.

"Autobots to the Rescue" - This is the shortest bit, it starts after the S7 SUV gets its roof ripped off, and for once, Shia's timing is perfect "I Wanna introduce to my friend, Optimus Prime" and the brass kicks in and Optimus intones "Taking the children, was a bad move". Gives me goosebumps.

"NEST" - This is an excellent, blood pumping bit of tune, Autobots and NEST, lock and load for battle and finishing off with that bit of trumpet that seems to be the Autobot liet motif.

"Forest Battle" - Starts off with a sort of darkness about it, a chilling choir chant that implies a demon is stalking you (how apt) and then, after a while, the tempo increases and unleashes the heroic willpower and yet another liet motif of the Autobots.

8. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

"arrival to earth" is my most favorite song from any score ever :D 

9. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

While John Williams is awesome, Hans Zimmer has my respect since The Lion King, no one beats him when talking about epic scores [re-watch Mufasa's death and pay attention to the song in the background to understand what I'm talking about], and I love epic scores.

10. theironhulk

theironhulk Autobot Medic

News Credits:
    "Optimus" is my favorite out of all of them, simply because the tone of that song is widely different from the other tracks, and the flutes that are used are wonderful! But I do like that inception-esque music they used for the DOTM reveal trailer.

11. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    Who has heard 'Precious Cargo' from ROTF??

so awesome.

12. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I didn't like Optimus too much. I'll check it out again. My all time fav is "The Shard" especially the end (that you here when Grindor is carrying the car). I also love

-NEST
    -I claim you sun (epic)
    -Forest Battle (didn't like it at first but is so awesome)
    -Arrival to Earth
    -BUmblebee Captured
    -Optimus vs Megatron
    -Sam on the Roof
    -Scorponok
    -Barricade (I lost that one though)
    -Precious Cargo
    -Matrix of Leadership

I love most of them. Steve Jablonsky is AMAZING at his work. Every piece is so distinct and different. I was watching Armageddon (by Bay if you don't remember) and there was a track that was very reminicent of Precious Cargo. VERY similar.

13. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ooo forgot about Decepticons. LOvE the layering effect he creating with the choir I wish I knew what they were saying.

The only thing with that theme is its too pretty and too je ne sais quois for a decepticon