Scientist tips and tricks! How to balance out!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Firestorm777, May 21, 2012.

1. Firestorm777

Firestorm777 Banned

I know I made a Anti-Leader tips thread so this is how to fight back as a scientist.

Weapons:
    Photon burst rifle: Good at any range but runs out of ammo quickly.
    EMP shotgun: Can kill a leader with to shots.
    Energon Repair Ray: Good close range weapon. Can be used as a attack weapon.
    Neatron assault rifle: Sort of the standard weapon and theres the burst rifle and the shotgun instead.

Abilities:
    Shockwave: Can be upgraded to take away 1 1/2 bars of health away I think.
    Disscise: Good with damage buff but don't get to close to enemies. I see this mistake a lot. Don't use Air-raid and Shockwave for this ability their easy to spot out.
    Spawn sentry: If you upgrade armor.
    Drain: If you upgrade heal rate.

Perks:
    You guys choose.

Also you can heal yourself with the heal grenades. I would recommend picking up a Null-Ray or a X12 to improve firepower.

I would give to shock cannon to a leader or soldier because even with a Over-shield your not going to be able to do much.

2. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Here is a good class for a scientist

Weapons:

Emp/proton
    Healing ray

Abilities:

Shockwave
    Drain

Perks:
    The one that makes shockwave bigger
    The one that increases the heal rate of drain
    Explosive capacitar

Kill streak tips:

3 killstreak (Health matrix) not much to say but to use it

5 killstreak use the matrix (overshield matrix) once someone on your team/your low on health

7 killstreak (nucleon shock cannon) use it when you die or at the end of the match this way you can regain your killstreak and help finish a match but jump with it or you will end up hitting yourself!

My scientist's purpose:

Provide help to the team and dont go into big battle's without help or you will die

3. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    Anti-Scientist please lol

4. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i would suggest for the 7 kill streak reward that before activating it, make sure you have the disguise ability (it goes hand in hand with the next tip) and that you are on top of a tall structure that only Scientists can reach. for example, the arches on Berth are excellent spots. or the towers on Berth. and the reason why the disguise helps is because you are at a long range, therefore it's harder to make out the details of your chassis. you also may want to keep moving so Scouts will have a harder time hitting you

5. Firestorm777

Firestorm777 Banned

Its done!

6. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    The Scientist's low health makes him a tricky class to control. They are deadly either up close or from a distance. If your going up close however, the EMP Shotgun is an aboslute must. Always be sure to look for an Overshield whenever possible. Scientist usually get to the Overshields the fastest. The Neutron Assault Rife is good for places with cover but not in the great wide open.

Also when you disguise, use either Slipstream or Silverbolt. Shockwave and Starscream are really easy to recgonize. You could probably get away with using Jetfire. But Silverbolt's and Slipstream's jets are harder to identify.

7. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

A good anti-leader trick with Scientist is to swoop in, scrape a bit of energy off them with a simple attack, and the second they War Cry transform and fly away - the idea is simply to make them waste it, and return when it wears off. Often they'll use Moleculon Bomb to try and stop you which is always difficult to escape, but I found that simply ascending straight up and barrel rolling away worked pretty well for breaking free.

As for fighting back, a great trick with Scientist is to store your 5 and 7 Killstreaks (Overshield Matrix and Nucleon Shock Cannon), then transform into a jet and kill yourself by shooting rockets at a wall (this denies your enemy a kill). When you return, grab a pick up Overshield if one is available, activate the Cannon, and go on the rampage! Be sure to pay attention to how many kills you have and activate the Overshield Matrix before you get another five kills, otherwise it'll go to waste - I would regularly use this tactic and found that by pacing it out correctly, I could make it so myself and my team mates were constantly having our shields topped up, and I'd sometimes get so many kills I'd simply give my Cannon to a friend and spawn another for myself.

8. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Your tips for the nucleon shockcannon.... arent leaders powerfull enough?

9. vatarian

vatarian SPIDER8ITCH

I'm the master of the skies as far as scientest goes.

10. Firestorm777

Firestorm777 Banned

I take that back. I've gotten three in one match.