Scientist Class Thought.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sso02V, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Since the Scientist class is the main healer, do you think that they get any kind of indication on their screen that says who's injured on their team? There's really no visual indication that distinguishes a robot with full cubes, and a robot with only one cube of life, so they can't just look at them to tell who needs healing.

Maybe a little first-aid cross or something over the head of an ally with less than 1/2 health.

I would say maybe they can resurrect dead bots, which explains the prominent grave markers, but the respawn time is so short, the guy'd be back in the game already before the Scientist could even finish equipping the health gun.

2. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

That's a pretty good point. A healing gun would be pretty inconvienient without any indicator of who needed healing. You could just run around healing every passing friendly that you see, but if they didn't need it then you'd be wasting your time and it'd leave you pretty defenseless to boot. As it is, I'm having a hard time picturing the healing gun being worth your while given the pace that we've seen in either deathmatch or conquest. The trailer that showed the gun made it look like it revived a fallen comrade, but so far we've seen a quick transition between death and respawning. I'm curious to see other's thoughts on the subject.

3. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

Im thinkings its mainly for escalation mode.

4. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    ^^This. I don't think the healing factor will figure much into deathmatch etc, as energon seem plentiful and you have little indication of who injured. I can't wait to see how the scientist plays tho.

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Hopefully it wont come down to everybody on your team screaming 'MEDIC' every few seconds.
    Im very interested to see how its handled though.

6. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

I was thinking escalation mode would be most practical for using it as well. After seeing it in the trailer I'm thinking that rather than heal a standing buddy it's more for reviving one who's already down (i.e. GoW style).

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd imagine indicators like that will only be in Escalation, though I wouldn't be too shocked if they're in Multiplayer.

8. Scoje-

Scoje- Well-Known Member

As you see already in the demo, when people are downed, there is a skull and crossbones above their head... but it shows for both teams so it may not provide much help.

I was actually asking this same question. Besides a player with a mic saying so, I wont know when I need to toss down some HP.

My concern about Scientists is. How much will they be needed? I kept going on about how people shouldn't play Scientists offensively because they're meant to be healers. But in footage I've seen with only scouts and soldiers, most do well with just the worldly health pick ups.
    Certainly in matches like conquest you may need a healer there at a point to help hold a point though.

I think it will all be hard to say til the 22nd

9. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    whats cool is that no one plays a class the same. i mean, scientists dont need to go in with a heal ray. he has plenty of other skills to play offensively. they can stand on thier own feet.

a stratagy could be camping the center bridge with a trusty sentry giving him twice the firepower as any other class, with out worrying about cloaked scouts. then finish the weakened enemy with his photon burst rifle or assault rifle or even a stolen scrapmaker. if hes in trouble he can fly off and drain from others health. people a worried that jets will be picked off by rockets, but dont barrel roll break lock-on?

10. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I imagine healing will be very useful if you stick with your team in Deathmatch which basically means that the enemy team will be hard pressed for points, even with all the cubes. In conquest it will be necessary to attack and defend pushes by the enemy. Remember if you kill someone with the healing gun, you can pick it up yourself. Leaders and Scouts could probably use this to great effect with the stacking buffs and speed.

Soldiers seem to be their counter though. Rocket lock on >>>>>>>> Jets most likely.