sci fi tfs

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by autobob, Feb 8, 2007.

1. autobob

autobob Full Fat Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    a couple of years ago i thought to myself that there should be transformers made that cross into other sc fi genres, Star Wars in particular, i decided that Starscream would work really well as a Tie Interceptor. My dream was part answered when the star wars tfs came out. they werent exactly what i wanted but its a start.

others i thought about and even got to work were an Optimus Primal Batmobile from Batman Begins and a Random Cylon Raider transformer from Battlestar galactica.

am i the only person who wants to see more crossover tf toys? Please tell me if you agree or have any other cool suggestions. if enough people loved this idea we peer pressure hasbro a little, y'think.

(still Dreamin)

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    After the Star Wars TFs my vote is no...though they're obviously tailored more for the Star Wars fans than to us so it's probably an unfair judgement.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    After the horror of the SWTFs, I dread the possibility of other crossover lines. However, there was a very cool Batmobile TF kitbash at Botcon last year, so maybe one-offs like that would work.

4. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

Well, on deviantART I've seen fanart of Transformer versions of Ecto-1, Doc Brown's DeLorean, KITT, Herbie, and more Batmobiles than there have probably actually been in all the Batman comics, movies and TV shows they've done - the Ecto TF was particularly awesome. Fanart is probably your best bet at seeing any of that stuff.

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think it's fair to kill the entire concept just based on Star Wars TFs. Other than slapping the official Transformers label on the package, they aren't true crossover toys; just Star Wars toys that happen to transform, without any TF influence. In my estimation, the SWTFs are no different than the Marvel Megamorphs line in terms of actual relation to Transformers.

As a concept, I think the idea of a TF/[property] crossover could work if (a) the crossover incorporated elements of the stories of both toylines and (b) if the designers put some effort into it (going back to SWTFs, they were relying on the names to sell the line and skimped on decent engineering).

6. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

See, I think the whole Star Wars TF thing would have worked a lot better if the robot modes were TF characters instead of ugly robot versions of the pilots. As far as non-canon cross promotional toys go, I think autobob has got the right idea.

7. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I want to see more one-offs like the the Nike Frees that are coming out. They're not trying to make a whole line of shoes, just the one shoe, albiet remoulded into two characters.

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the comic crossovers

I like the idea behind the G.I. Joe/Transformers crossovers...the idea of them being in a world war II or even a steampunk setting seems incredibly nice.

Does anyone recall the small blessing that EXO Squad gave us when they crossed over with Robotech? I still have my Warhammer (that's the battletech name for it) mech from that.
    now that was a crossover.

ahem....Robotech/Transformers crossover...finally peace between the two?

9. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like and own one of every mold of the Star Wars Transformers line. But, like most people here, I agree that they should have made them Star Wars vehicles that Transform into Transformer characters. I would really like to see some of the G.I. Joe Transformers from the comic crossovers come to life. Anybody else want a Cobra Night Raven Starscream or Cobra Rattler Thundercracker?

10. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Give me a Optimus HISS and I'll be happy.

11. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I thought the SWTF was a fun idea. I felt kinda punched in the face that the Falcon was not Prime and seeing a robot wookie was kinda silly.

It's a cool idea though and I'd like to see them try it again.

12. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I'm working on it. Hang on.

13. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I feel that crossover TF lines could be very well done...provided they use a different formula than the SWTFs (nice alt mode but NASTY "bot" mode)

14. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

Yeah, by cracky, I did. Come to think of it, I wanted Don's Rolling Thunder Optimus and Dominator Megatron, too.

15. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    I would pay good money for a Serenity (Firefly) transformer, provided it turned into a straight up robot, and not a bizzare human-bot-thing (i.e. NOT into "Robo-Mal").

16. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd like an R-9 Fighter or the Vic Viper done as a TF. Give me a few classic shoot 'em up ships rendered as TFs and I'll be happy.