School is funny

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IceMagnus, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Wreck n rule

Wreck n rule Well-Known Member

So far, one funny thing has happened today.

My spanish teacher is from Cuba and still has an accent. As a result, things tend to sound funnier when said by him. Today he was trying to teach us a particular word and he was using an airplane example to do so. Exact words:

Teacher: How many people here have traveled in an airplane?
    *A few students raise their hands, but everyone else looks at him in confusion.*

Teacher: You know? Fly in an airplane?"
    He spread his arms, like an airplane, and made airplane noises while alternately raising and lowering each arm, like an airplane was turning.

2. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Today, my Chinese teacher pronounced my name (Cameron) "Ameron". It wasn't the first time, either.

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Back in 2006 I hated the principal and so did my math teacher. We just got the book and he wanted to do something ease. We had to go to the back of the book, look up a math term and then draw a picture using the term.

So I saw principal root and I had my fun. I drew the principal as a weed in a dead zone in a patch of grass. Anything outside the the roots area was alive, just the area it touches is dead. It was up on the wall in the room for rest of the year, the following year, and it was still there until a tornado destroyed my school this year.

4. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

As a new teacher (looking for a job - subbing currently), it is always interesting to see things from the student's end.

Hopefully, you guys remember lots of content as well as the time that the teacher said something stupid, sat on the whoopie cushion, etc...

And, of course, that as you matured with age and now realize that the teacher who was "constantly on your ass" was that way for a reason.

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    In my senior year of high school, one of my classmates was possibly the STUPIDEST girl I have ever known in person.

One of the best things she ever said? "But Atlantis IS real! It's in Alaska!". She was dead serious, I shit you not. Another classmate managed to get her to think France wasn't a real country for an entire class period. That class period being Social Studies and the subject was the French Revolution.

6. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol 

7. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

:lol 

8. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    [algebra] everything [/algebra]