Minor/Repaint: Scavengers Crankcase

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by DaveWire, Jul 30, 2018.

1. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’ve been holding this off for a while because I’ve never tried doing this before. I saw this thread a ways back and thought I’d try my hand:

Minor/Repaint: - Combiner Wars: IDW Crankcase

Anyway, I got the Shapeways head and figured I’d use CW Trailbreaker’s body, some reprolabels, and as little paint as possible because I’ve never done this before. Here’s the initial item without paint:

06CB5C0B-B036-4D80-B760-C8D660C7C9EF.jpeg

Any suggestions from you seasoned veterans and master painters on what type of paint I should use? I’ve gone to my local Michael’s and got dizzy just looking at all the different varieties.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Mediusprime

Mediusprime Well-Known Member

The gundam marker kits are good, same with model paint like testors, also any spray paint with the primer mixed in. I would suggest buying rit dye to dye the head first so all you have to paint is the face and some other minor details. If you're gonna go with a brush water down the paint and apply several coats, it'll cut down on streaks and globs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fratboy28

fratboy28 Well-Known Member

I use Model Masters Paint from Hobby Lobby or your local Hobby store. Works really well with these guys and the after painting I use Mod Podge Clear Coat Sealer to seal the paint so it wont scratch.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sparkscape

Sparkscape TASTE MY INSIDES

YouTube (Legacy):
    Thew Adams would be proud

• Like Like x 2