Scavenger = Demolisher or Demolisher = Constructicon #7?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by diablien, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

There is only 2 explanations for the discrepancy:

1) There are 2 different characters. The toys show two totally different excavators as Diablien's pics show. The treads are different. The colors are different. The "scoops" are different. The paint designs are different. The cabs are different. The stais are different. They are completely different other than the fact that they are both excavators.

2) There is only one character and the character re-scans a different type of excavcator.

2. caecae22

caecae22 Fifth Face of Darkness

Twitter:
    this is pretty confusin

3. Kenji

Kenji Well-Known Member

The toy that is Mostly red has the same transformations as the Movie they are the same character

4. darkpilatus

darkpilatus Member

You know I'm sorry yes there are a lot of differences throughout the entire transformers line... but compare the two molds... if thats the same character they didn't try making them similar at all. I find that hard to believe. I understand that they are to serve completely different purposes, one to transform the other to be a piece of the puzzle but they could have gotten the paint schemes closer... something that doesn't effect the Scvngr from still being apart of the full devastator. Anyway my 2 cents.

5. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    After reading all the posts I think that Scavenger forms Devastator while Demolisher is a stand alone character. Now we wait till June to find out the truth...

6. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout In Existential Crisis Mode

News Credits:
    Funny thing is, I actually took this out of my original post since I thought it was too long.

It's entirely feasible, if we're not looking at a mistake on the CGI Devastator (and the body should actually be mostly white instead of red) Hasbro could have simply screwed up and added too much red to make the figure more appealing than a plain white excavator. It wouldn't be the first time a movie figure had an inaccurate color scheme to make it more appealing to the kiddies *cough*movieMegatron*cough*.

7. Blackout07

Blackout07 Member

Okay, I think that in actuality there is one Scavenger/Demolishor, just two toy sets. The one with the SCVNGR and more red is the Devastator model, doesn't really transform just used for the body of Devastator. The other voyager set can fully transform but won't combine with the others to make Devastator. Two different sets.

8. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

the two toys are the exact same character in the movie, if you believe other wise, you're crazy. the letters SCVNGR is just a nod to the G1 character. The bucket teeth are different, because more then likely the reference pictures both designers were looking at weren't the same. not every RH-400 is equiped with the same bucket. some have 5, 6, 7, or 8 teeth on the bucket. soem have white buckets, some have black, etc. And on top of all that, neither of these toys match the movie.

Now take a look at the two Rampage Toys (that's the bulldozer one) The gift set one is also designed differently then the one that has a robot mode.

Every single Constructicon with a robot mode is going to be slightly different then the supreme gift set version of the same vehicle.

robot version
    [​IMG]

giftset version (not robot mode)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  9. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

another interesting piece of information. if Demolisher could travel at 200 miles per hour (which I think is feasable, he's got giant wheels, and can plow through anything), he could get from China to Egypt in less then 30 hours.

10. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    there is a third explanation, that the discrepency comes in the toy molds only. because the giftset ones apparently lack a robot mode, and would likely have different details

11. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This.

12. diablien

diablien Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You guys are "proving" things we all ready know.

Yes the boxier fatter all red excavator is the devastator piece.
    Yes that one does not transform into a robot, only a piece of devastator.
    Forget for a second that the devastator component even has SCVNGR written on it. THE FUCKING FILE THAT WAS GIVEN TO THE WEBSITES FROM HASBRO LABELED THE FILE CONSTRUCTICON SCAVENGER, NOT DEMOLISHER.

That is where it gets fishy. Hasbro calls both toys something different, alluding to the fact that they may not be the same character.

I'm done

13. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I agree with this 100%. :confused: 

14. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    *ahem*
    brawl. devastator.

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I think that the excavator bots are still just the same bot, and that the writing on the side of the one is just a homage to the original. Though we won't know till we see what name they give it on the packaging for the Devastator set. Seeing the bio for the Voyager Demolishor would be helpful too, as it might reference something to the other CC's.

16. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    This. Was mentioned by a Hasbro rep at Toy Fair.

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It was? Cool. Than why are people still debating over this?

18. Tfgraveyard

News Credits:
    I have no clue.

It's like saying Legends Movie Ratchet is a different character then Voyager movie Ratchet. It boogles the mind.

EDIT: also, people need to keep in mind that the large dev toy at toyfair is a hand-painted resin prototype. I'd be suprised if the colors aren't a bit different when it comes out.

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm thinking because it wasn't a part of any of the news stories. If it had, more people would have known about it.

Agreed, and I remember saying this very same thing at least a couple times in the past couple of days. It's very obvious that the set on display was just a hand painted prototype, and not the final product. Most, if not all, the time the hand painted prototypes look a whole lot worse than the finished product. Something about the thick look the paint has.

20. Tfgraveyard

News Credits:
    Well, we've seen boxed pics of Demolishor(not a spelling error, actual spelling from the box), so i'm thinking the name is pretty well set. I guess it could be changed, but you think they'd have the name pretty well set before they print up packaging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.