Scary moments that you now just lol about.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DaggersRage, Sep 13, 2007.

1. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I had a discussion like this a while ago with some anime fans about things that have creep the crap out of you but now we're just laughing at.

Mine was me and my sister, being around 8 years old at the time, where watching Alien 3 when it came out to VHS. We had the lights off and watched it on this really big TV, at the start of the movie where the face crawler is scuttling around the ship a spider just jumped onto the TV screen, seconds after the face crawler just ran by the camera. Me and my sister screamed and ran out the house.

My dad later came out and yelled "It's okay! It's dead!"

Ahhhh, that was funny.

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The smell of the Botcon dealer room.

3. honestgabe

honestgabe I

I was driving over 75 mph in upstate PA on back country roads, and lost control of my Isuzu Rodeo and totally flipped it. That was pretty fucking scary, its a miracle I came out of that alive with just a few scrapes. I look back on it and laugh at how irresponsible I was and how I cheated death

4. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

When I was in high school, I was driving home from a party at like 2am and some dude with a suped up muscle car was traveling in my lane. If the road wasn't 2 lanes, I would have been squash. Kind of funny now that I look back on it.

5. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

When I was 21 (or 22 I can't remember) I was acting stupid with a motor scooter, like driving it through fields and over steep hills and such - I caught air with it, I was so proud of myself until I landed on the front tire and went over the handlebars landeding face first on concrete at 35 or 40 miles per hour.

There was a large cracking noise and everything went white. The next thing I know I had walked home and I went in the front door and my wife starts freaking out, I said, "I'm gonna go take a nap."

It took a good half an hour for her to convince me to go to the hospital, when I finally got my whits about me I was scared to death that I had given myself brain damage - it turns out I had a concussion and a hairline fracture just above the orbit of my right eye.

There was also a quarter sized section on my forehead where most of the skin had rubbed off and I had a nasty case of road rash on both of my arms.

6. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Almost drowning in the Arkansas River. As I spun out of control in the raging rapids, lungs filling with water and unable to find the surface of the water, I had accepted that I was going to die that day. Even today, the fact that I accepted that I was going to die - and the fact that I was so calm and peaceful about it - scares the hell out of me.

7. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

When I was in the 4th grade and lived in British Columbia we had a really steep driveway that I decided to rollerblade down. Well I fell into the street and got hit by a car directly in the face. Only thing that saved me was he was able to slam on the brakes and deccelerate fast enough because I just froze there. Woke up when they were putting me into the ambulance.

8. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

I was scared of that damn chucky doll for the first 8 years of my life, i would fuck him up now lol

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    lessee...bike flip on freeway, check. almost drowning, check. numerous time you think u got ur GF pregnant because she was late, check. numerous time almost getting caught doing it, check. also, one time landed my balls on the tank of my bike after a head on with a 4x4 at 80kph per hour but checked my nads back home and it was all good. my dad freaked out tho, he was like ARE YOUR BALLS OKAY?

spider scare? you little wuss. go to your room.

the time i was drowning was funny tho. i had friends abt so i nonchalantly called out 'a lil help guy? guys?' and they laughed cuz they thought i was faking it, then i went under for real then guys were like OH SHIT then dudes saved me but i had wet my pants already but its all good cuz i was in the water already.

10. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

Oh, Btw, your new sig cracks me up, Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun!

That is very similar to something that happened to me when I was 11, I used to drive my bicycle feeling like the king of the road, speeding up, going left to right.
    And one day I decide to go as fast as I could, so began pedalling with all my stranght, I felt the wind in my face and suddenly, BAM!
    I opened my eyes a few seconds, I think I passed away, when I looked at my bike, the chain had snapped and my shoelaces where inextricably tied to the front wheel.
    I forcefully got up and decided to walk my way home, no big injuries, althought my face ached and my left leg was numbed.
    That day I began to think about my care-less attitude about my life.
    Well, that lil accident really helped me mature a bit.

Lol, me too, I used to cover my head with a pillow.

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

These bullies used to throw me in the dumpster and it used to piss me off. Then I started hanging out in the attic reading books, and somehow ended up riding a big dog dragon.
    We went after those punks and made them get in a dumpster.

Besides that, supergluing my eye shut was the most Ive ever been scared.
    I still laugh and make fun of myself for it

12. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    The screen in my window has been screwed up since we bought the house 7 years ago. Once when it got REALLY windy, it sounded like someone was trying to break in my 2nd story straight-down drop window. I laugh about it now, but it scared the shit out of me then. (we had only lived there a month or so at the time, the previous house had a ledge under the window)

13. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    :lolol 

14. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

In 96 I took my first major road trip. I drove from eastern Ohio (near Pittsburgh) to Charlotte NC for a Pearl Jam concert (with Ben Harper opening), a couple friends came along for the ride, but I was the only one who had a driver's license.

I left late the previous night and drove to Charlotte, went to the concert, and drove all the way back right after the show. On the trip back I fell asleep at the wheel and the car was about to go into the center barrier on the next turn. Luckily one friend (who now usually falls asleep on any ride) woke me up just in time yelling "THE WALL! THE WALL!!" in my ear. I quickly woke up and was able to avoid the wall. Now my friends and I laugh about that often. Besides, it was a great show and well worth the trip.

15. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I once got lost in the desert and almost died of dehydration. True story.

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    when you started to hallucinate, did digeridoos started playing in your head?

weaangweeonweeanweeong

17. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    I found a dead body in the woods of South Carolina when I was a field biologist years ago.

18. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Actually I saw a giant turtle.

It was playing the digeridoo.

19. 1UpCheatachu

1UpCheatachu Lemony Fresh TFW2005 Supporter

I laughed.

:eek: 

Anyway, once, when I was little, I almost got struck by lightning. We were on some island that we got to on a tour boat or something. It started raining, so we all started heading under some tents. Right after I got in to a tent, lightning struck exactly where I was about a second ago. I never thought it was scary at the time, but now I do think it was scary.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  20. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

That maze thing where the scary face pops up once you almost beat it. And Chucky. And when I shocked myself with a battery by putting it between my braces and licking it. Good times, good times...